• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI director nominee deleted Russia case from his law bio

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
https://www.axios.com/christopher-r...rganic&utm_content=textlong&utm_term=politics

Christopher Wray, President Trump's nominee to replace former FBI Director James Comey, deleted a line from his law firm bio referencing a 2006 case in which Wray represented an American energy executive who was being investigated by the Russian government, per CNN's KFILE.

What we know: Micheline Tang, a spokeswoman for the law firm King and Spalding, told CNN that Wray removed the detail in January 2017, before he was even considered for taking on the role of FBI Director, in an attempt to make the material on his page "more current." Tang also emphasized that the executive Wray was representing is an American citizen who lives in the U.S., and at the time the law firm, Wray, and the client were "adverse to the Russian Government" as Moscow was looking to exert leverage over the client by launching a criminal investigation.

Apharmd

I don't know what the January thing is supposed to prove. Things are strongly pointing to Trump's russian collusion starting long before January 2017.

It's probably nothing, but the optics are terrible. Is it really that hard to find one person without a Russia connection? Just one?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Trump's Law: No matter how counterproductive or convoluted it seems, the stupidest most destructive answer is always correct.

Apharmd

It's explained in the OP. Do you even know who Christopher Wray is?

Sigh. Yes. What I'm saying is that he could've been down with treason-season long before being a nominee for FBI director. Trump was never able to get his oath of loyalty from Comey.

TS-08

Sigh. Yes. What I'm saying is that he could've been down with treason-season long before being a nominee for FBI director. Trump was never able to get his oath of loyalty from Comey.

I'm sure that's what happened, that he decided to purge any and all references to Russia from anything related to him because he knew one day Trump would call on him for a position, rather than the more reasonable and believable explanation provided by the law firm.

Top Bottom