• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

President Trump to nominate Christopher A. Wray to be new Director of the FBI

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Nobody said that. The point was the as Trump's personal pick, there's reason enough to be suspicious of the guy.

Maybe he'll be good and any worries won't materialize (which would be great), but still that wouldn't make those worries unfounded in the first place.

You're right. That's my bad.

Taramoor

His primary qualification seems to be "Chris Christie was being investigated for corruption and this lawyer successfully threw everybody else under the bus to keep it from hitting Christie."

Tovarisc

His primary qualification seems to be "Chris Christie was being investigated for corruption and this lawyer successfully threw everybody else under the bus to keep it from hitting Christie."

Always sad to see someones whole career and good credentials to be boiled down into single drive by post, even when that post also just goes to say that he is good at his job. After all he was Christies defense attorney and successfully defended him.

Xe4

Banned
Always sad to see someones whole career and good credentials to be boiled down into single drive by post, even when that post also just goes to say that he is good at his job. After all he was Christies defense attorney and successfully defended him.
Seriously. I fucking hate Trump, but I'm not going to let my hate of him warp my view of appointments. At the very least, it is undoubtable that Wray is extremely qualified, and a good pick to lead the FBI.

Taramoor

I'm certain that he is good at his job, he was one of the chief guys running the Enron investigation if I remember right, I believe he's far more qualified than any of the other nominees that have been floated since Comey was exiled into the wilderness (other than the guy who was Comey's second-in-command), but I think Trump's entire thought process was "This guy will protect me."

antonz

There is a specific reason trump wants Wray besides his closeness to Trump and or allies.

He’s now a litigation partner with the Atlanta-based King & Spalding law firm, specializing in white collar and internal investigations.

His work with internal investigations is what Trump is after. He wants the Purge to begin of anyone who could be bad for him within the FBI.

Cagey

Banned
Ah, so he's hiring a lawyer who excels at placing blame on government aides and letting the real criminals skate free.
He's hiring a lawyer who lawfully and skillfully and ethically did his job defending Christie... for a non-litigator investigatory oversight role.

It's not a defense attorney's job to Find the True Culprit and to judge him for doing otherwise misunderstands the adversarial legal system.

antonz

Just an extra funny how Russia always seems involved somehow even if totally innocent when You mention Trump

Trump FBI Director Nominee Wray Is Partner at Law Firm Representing Russia's National Oil Company Rosneft

Flai

There is a specific reason trump wants Wray besides his closeness to Trump and or allies.

His work with internal investigations is what Trump is after. He wants the Purge to begin of anyone who could be bad for him within the FBI.

Just an extra funny how Russia always seems involved somehow even if totally innocent when You mention Trump

Oh come on.. Based on the info we have, this is a good pick.

Anyone willing to pass Trump's loyalty tests is compromised in my eyes.

If anyone who is picked by Trump is "compromised", then what do you suggest? That Trump/Congress doesn't approve anyone to head the FBI for the next 4 years? Are Pence's picks compromised as well? What about Paul Ryans (if it came to that :p) ?

Trump dun goofed as expected.

Usually a president notifies Congress not only as a courtesy but to also curry favor for the nominee who must pass through the relevant committee and obtain a majority of votes on the Senate floor.

Speaker Ryan didn't address Wray directly but said his experience is "perfect."

"I don’t know the guy, but I’ve looked at his resume, he seems like to me he’s the perfect kind of person," Ryan said during his news conference. "I thought we should have a career person take over the FBI, someone with a deep bench of experience, he certainly seems to fit that bill."

Top Bottom