• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
What if the russia classified intel story was done on purpose to distract from this.

n7ZpaP5.png

Pretty weak strategy considering he's been droning about leaks for months and then does the same shit in a semi-private meeting with Russian officials.

The FBI story won't die anytime soon.

Ogodei

Taylor, and Mensch as well, have been right on some stuff that I don't know how they could have just guessed on. So they clearly have some legit sources.

But they, Mensch especially, also seem to just post whatever they get without bothering to even try to verify.

So I think they should be posted about, but always with the disclaimer about their overall sketchy history.

My thought is that, like the right-wing nutosphere, someone is leaking legit stuff to them for destructive purposes, possibly the same op that fed trolls like Roger Stone in the election, especially because the far-left cranks are also known for current or former Russian ties.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
They can report a story correctly, but it doesn't change her standard behavior that you seem to not have picked up on. There is a reason other anti-Trump conservatives are wary of her.

That's cause her behavior has NOTHING to do with reporting. No matter how many ad-hominem attacks people sling her way, it's still ad-hominem and nothing to do with her actual reporting.

MrGerbils

That's cause her behavior has NOTHING to do with reporting. No matter how many ad-hominem attacks people sling her way, it's still ad-hominem and nothing to do with her actual reporting.

She's reported that Russia started BLM and were behind the chicken nugget kid. That Anthony Weiner wasn't sexting, it was a Russian setup. Putin killed Brierbart. A Russian sent the strobing gif to eichenwald (it wasn't, the guy was caught).

Her reporting is shit and she's an idiot.

Hitman

She's reported that Russia started BLM and were behind the chicken nugget kid. That Anthony Weiner wasn't sexting, it was a Russian setup. Putin killed Brierbart. A Russian sent the strobing gif to eichenwald (it wasn't, the guy was caught).

Her reporting is shit and she's an idiot.

No she didn't report on BLM. She speculated about BLM in a tweet. You won't find that "report" on her patribotics blog.

And no she didn't report on Anthony Weiner wasn't sexting. She wrote a THEORY that Weiner wasn't actually sexting a 15 year old girl from NC, but a Russian hacker. This was never reported as fact or backed by her sources. This was noted as a theory based on public record evidence and facts. This THEORY hasn't been confirmed nor disproven at this point. In fact, things that have happened SINCE that theory has been posted lend more credence to that theory being viable rather than not. For example, Weiner's court case has been delayed without official reasoning. And also, Nkulin, one of the hackers mentioned in that theory came out and said the FBI asked him to admit to 2016 election interference hacking even though the official FBI story on Nkulin's arrest has nothing to do with the 2016 election hacking.

And no reports written about Putin killed Andrew Breitbart. And no reports written about the Russian troll and Eichenwald. Those were tweets and random thoughts she had. But nowhere does she state that these are facts backed up by her sources. Just thoughts and theories.

No she didn't report on BLM. She speculated about BLM in a tweet. You won't find that "report" on her patribotics blog.

And no she didn't report on Anthony Weiner wasn't sexting. She wrote a THEORY that Weiner wasn't actually sexting a 15 year old girl from NC, but a Russian hacker. This was never reported as fact or backed by her sources. This was noted as a theory based on public record evidence and facts. This THEORY hasn't been confirmed nor disproven at this point. In fact, things that have happened SINCE that theory has been posted lend more credence to that theory being viable rather than not. For example, Weiner's court case has been delayed without official reasoning. And also, Nkulin, one of the hackers mentioned in that theory came out and said the FBI asked him to admit to 2016 election interference hacking even though the official FBI story on Nkulin's arrest has nothing to do with the 2016 election hacking.

And no reports written about Putin killed Andrew Breitbart. And no reports written about the Russian troll and Eichenwald. Those were tweets and random thoughts she had. But nowhere does she state that these are facts backed up by her sources. Just thoughts and theories.

So you're saying we should never post this person's Tweets because they're not news, just speculation, got it.

Mensch and Taylor 'reported' that there was a sealed criminal warrant against Trump in FISA court, despite the fact that isn't what FISA does. That should be enough to destroy their reputation. Yes, they have gotten some stuff right and probably have real sources but they're also willing to publish stuff without even doing basic fact checks. Don't fall down the fake news hole.

Hitman

So you're saying we should never post this person's Tweets because they're not news, just speculation, got it.

No. I'm saying that people should use a bit more brain power so that they can discern between her reports and her random twitter speculation. Her source-backed reports like FISA, should be critiqued as to their credibility. Her random tweet calling Joe Schmoe a Russian Troll can be disregarded.

Hitman

Mensch and Taylor 'reported' that there was a sealed criminal warrant against Trump in FISA court, despite the fact that isn't what FISA does. That should be enough to destroy their reputation. Yes, they have gotten some stuff right and probably have real sources but they're also willing to publish stuff without even doing basic fact checks. Don't fall down the fake news hole.

No she didn't. She reported that there was a FISA warrant granted in relation to Trump Tower's server to which 3 unnamed US persons in connection with the Trump tower server was also part of the warrant. She and Taylor also reported that there is a Sealed Indictment against Trump, but it has NOTHING to do with FISA court. Infact, Russian stooge Julien Assage tweeted in reply to Mensch's reporting that there was NO FISA COURT INDICTMENT as if to imply that Mensch and Taylor mentioned FISA in relation to the Sealed Indictment (they didn't). Are you sure you are not just falling for Russian propaganda?

MrGerbils

Oh lord dude. Reread what you posted and tell me it sounds reasonable?

Hitman

Oh lord dude. Reread what you posted and tell me it sounds reasonable?

It does. And you'll never find me posting in the past or present about her random thought tweets. But I'll post and stand by her source backed reporting and I am open to any and all critiques regarding those. If she's wrong on her source backed reports I will gladly withdraw my support for her and Taylor. Now, can anyone show me when and where her source backed reports were wrong?

I'd love to see both sides of the story, if the other side can provide more than ad-hominem attacks and innaccurate assessments of her reporting.

Nah the forum should be divided between Gaming/ Trump / Off topic.
Don't forget that we need a Trump Community as well for threads like:

Pics of trump that make you laugh
Trump hotels
Trump golf courses
Trump university

The community threads could be the best part. They'd be a huge success. The biggest.

Every time they talk about the story on the local news there is that video of Comey meeting trump in the WH with a big smile on his face, that probably pisses off Comey every time he sees it, lol.

ISOM

At this point, it might be an idea to just create one OT and update the title over time, cause this is getting ridiculous.

I don't think so. Big threads tend to get less responses so news would get drowned in a sea of Trump garbage. Every headline deserves its own thread if it's worth it.

Kaiterra

Banned
It does. And you'll never find me posting in the past or present about her random thought tweets. But I'll post and stand by her source backed reporting and I am open to any and all critiques regarding those. If she's wrong on her source backed reports I will gladly withdraw my support for her and Taylor. Now, can anyone show me when and where her source backed reports were wrong?

I'd love to see both sides of the story, if the other side can provide more than ad-hominem attacks and innaccurate assessments of her reporting.

You're ridiculous and you don't seem to have any idea what an ad hominem attack really is. Whether she's spreading disinformation via her blog or via Twitter, she's still spreading disinformation. I've seen her tweets, they don't come with any disclaimers, they're heavily shared as if they're factual, it's all bullshit, and she often claims that her wildest claims or retweets of fantasy garbage from obviously-fake "Rogue ____ Staffer" cosplay gimmick accounts and stuff are backed up with sources. And it's not like she doesn't post wild speculation on her blog, too: https://patribotics.blog/2017/03/28...at-secret-trump-tower-meetings-with-russians/

The ad hominem claims are especially stupid since that's her tactic, just calling anyone who challenges her bullshit a Russian bot or troll without evidence. Her spreading bad information is directly relevant to her credibility. A real ad hominem would be something like "She's British, so she can't possibly know anything about the American political scene, what a fraud!" or something like that.

gutshot

Hitman: "Show me where Mensch has reported something that wasn't true!"

*thread points to numerous conspiracy theories she has peddled*

Hitman: "That doesn't count."

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Ithil

What do people make of the news about McConnell recommending Merrick Garland for FBI director? I'm not too sure what to make of it myself.

It's an attempt to steal an important court seat while giving a fake "bipartisan" spin. The Turtle is really good at being a slimy politician.

You're ridiculous and you don't seem to have any idea what an ad hominem attack really is. Whether she's spreading disinformation via her blog or via Twitter, she's still spreading disinformation. I've seen her tweets, they don't come with any disclaimers, they're heavily shared as if they're factual, it's all bullshit, and she often claims that her wildest claims or retweets of fantasy garbage from obviously-fake "Rogue ____ Staffer" cosplay gimmick accounts and stuff are backed up with sources. And it's not like she doesn't post wild speculation on her blog, too: https://patribotics.blog/2017/03/28...at-secret-trump-tower-meetings-with-russians/

The ad hominem claims are especially stupid since that's her tactic, just calling anyone who challenges her bullshit a Russian bot or troll without evidence. Her spreading bad information is directly relevant to her credibility. A real ad hominem would be something like "She's British, so she can't possibly know anything about the American political scene, what a fraud!" or something like that.

The stanning for Mensch has gotten to the point where I question motives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom