• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Kelly called Comey to express anger over firing; considered resigning as SoHS

ZeoVGM

Banned
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/31/politics/kelly-comey-phone-call-angry/index.html

Washington (CNN)New White House chief of staff John Kelly was so upset with how President Donald Trump handled the firing of FBI Director James Comey that Kelly called Comey afterward and said he was considering resigning, according to two sources familiar with a conversation between Kelly and Comey.

So yes, the new White House Chief of Staff almost resigned from Secretary of Homeland Security because of how upset he was over Comey's firing.

Clearly, the White House is in fact a well-oiled machine.

jelly

Because some people put their country before themselves.

Can't fault him if that's his agenda but it feels like the guys who take charge of the Iraq and Afghanistan strategy "I'll make this work and fix it because I believe my idea is better than the others who all failed". Good luck.

Loxley

This dude is totally not going to be able to reign Trump in. Like, at all. The man is 71 years old and isn't gonna change for anyone.

Kelly might be able to calm the storm for a month, but by the time we hit September we'll be back to the same ol' shit.

Kelly: i am appalled, I will quit
Jim: stay in there, we got this, rod is ok, robert has his A team, plan is locked in
Kelly: ok Jim, glad to hear that because he is worse than we ever imagined

Guevara

I honestly don't know what to make of the fact that so many generals seem to be so willing to fall on their sword for this administration.

iammeiam

Kelly: i am appalled, I will quit
Jim: stay in there, we got this, rod is ok, robert has his A team, plan is locked in
Kelly: ok Jim, glad to hear that because he is worse than we ever imagined

If that's what's actually going on, this whole fiasco is going to inspire some amazing yet hyper-patriotic movies.

I think Kelly is a self-righteous hot-head who buys into the establishment spin that he's a sober, stabilizing force in the Executive. He's babysitting a bigoted man-child and his coterie of Mayberry Machiavellians.

Bannon and the Mercers are on a demolition job, how are they going to react to some general enforcing a semblance of order and acting as a gatekeeper to our addled, impressionable president? Not well I would wager.

I give Kelly a year, at most

blackjaw

Kelly there to straighten shit up or fuck it up...depends on how big of a dumbass the boss is being that day

He won't last long unfortunatly

After this revelation, the correct course of action would be to fire Kelly.

Please Trump

If it makes the news big enough it's not outside the realm of possibility.

The White House is such a mess right now. High turnover always indicates a leadership problem.

Opto

Banned
Another military man hands over his spine to Trump. Oh well, under Trump, you get what you deserve

Shadybiz

NO CHAOS...NO CHAOS....no you're the chaos!!!

I thought if you were military and the president wanted to appoint you to a position in his cabinet you were not able to decline?

Only if you're active duty. McMaster is...I believe Kelly was retired, so he can do what he wants.

why is Kelly even at the White House right now?

mqdefault.jpg

Top Bottom