• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump declares ‘total vindication’ in tweet on Comey

KSweeley

Link: https://apnews.com/57bbd5a27283414d...eclares-'total-vindication'-in-tweet-on-Comey

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Friday broke his silence on Twitter following explosive testimony by fired FBI Director James Comey, declaring “total and complete vindication.”

Trump’s Twitter account had been quiet throughout Comey’s testimony accusing the administration of spreading “lies.” But a day after the closely watched hearing, Trump struck back with an early morning tweet: “Wow, Comey is a leaker.”

Trump was expected to face journalists later Friday in a joint news conference with Romanian President Klaus Iohannis, who is visiting the White House.

While Trump might feel vindicated, Comey’s reputation as a truth-teller didn’t seem to take a hit. In his testimony, Comey detailed months of distrust of the president and bluntly asserted that Trump had fired him to interfere with the probe of Russia’s ties to the Trump campaign.

House Speaker Paul Ryan tried to brush off the conclusion as Trump being new to the White House, but Sen. Susan Collins, a moderate Republican, said Congress needs to obtain any tapes the president might have of his dealings with the former FBI director. She called Comey an “honorable individual.”

“I found him to be credible, candid and thorough,” Collins said of Comey on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

Also in his testimony, Comey revealed that he’d orchestrated the public release of information about his private conversations with the president in an effort to further the investigation.

Trump’s tweet read: “Despite so many false statements and lies, total and complete vindication ... and WOW, Comey is a leaker.”

He's accusing the former leader of the FBI of perjury, while at the same time saying what he said was truthful enough to validate him...

The president accusing someone of perjury is kind of a big deal. Or at least is supposed to be.

Pastry

Banned
I guess that's one way to look at it, but if that's the spin then man they are reaching lol 😂

Now would be a good time for the FBI/DOJ/Special Counsel to correct the record on whether or not Donald J. Trump is personally under investigation.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Lol, even more hilarious when you think about Comey's answere to why congress should believe him over the President .

Measley

My mother in law voted for Trump. She watched the entire hearing and thinks Trump is a liar, and that Comey is an honorable and truthful man.

So there you go....

Blader

Comey is simultaneously both a deceitful liar who just committed perjury AND also told bold truths that vindicate Donald Trump.

KSweeley

My mother in law voted for Trump. She watched the entire hearing and thinks Trump is a liar, and that Comey is an honorable and truthful man.

So there you go....

That's great to hear that at least some Trump voters are now thinking that Trump is indeed a liar and is siding with Comey's testimony.

So the orange twat got his phone back eh?
Christ, he must've been itching to get back on Twitter and start spamming.

How can you call someone a leaker while saying that the same person is lying? ����

reece.JPG

Trump has taken being a liar to a whole new level. Literally everything he says is bullshit framed to try and make him look awesome. The commitment to it is almost admirable.

Lunar15

So there you go....

Anectodal for sure, but my parents were moderates who voted for Trump out of sheer dislike of Hillary and have now been talking about how they much rather would have had Hillary at this point. They can't stand how he's handled things and the furious tweets really pushed them over the edge with the Comey hearing being the last straw.

Everyone, including his supporters, knows Trump is guilty as sin. HyperNormalisation has normalized lying as a justifiable way of operating in the current world, so long as the associated denial furthers your political agenda.

Trump really is Putin 2.0. We really are Russia 2.0.

Yet...we are not too far gone and our government and press are still acting as the checks they were meant to be. There still a chance to turn this around in 2018.

Wilsongt

Trump being a pathological liar isn't a crime... Until he is forced to testify under oath and they impeach him for lying...

....LMAO. Nah, just kidding. Republicans won't impeach him even if he lied under oath. It'll just be a rookie mistake made by someone who doesn't know how Washington works.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Between this and Marco rubio's annihilation of comey yesterday, maybe this nonsense will end?

Said my parents

He's accusing the former leader of the FBI of perjury, while at the same time saying what he said was truthful enough to validate him...

The president accusing someone of perjury is kind of a big deal. Or at least is supposed to be.

The perjury thing is also total BS. He's just regurgitating his lawyer's misinformation about the timeline of events.

watershed

Banned
Trump again building that alternative facts narrative. I hope everyone recognizes that his administration is playing out exactly like his many failed businesses but with far more severe consequences. Everything is incompetencr, lies, lawsuits, corruption, and more.

So there you go....

My mom voted for him not because she liked him, but because she is staunchly pro-life. However, she is a teacher, and the breaking point for her was nominating DeVos. Now she cannot stand him and thinks he is a lying idiot.

I asked her if she would vote for Hillary now and she said absolutely. Meanwhile, my dad thinks he tweets too much and is obviously in bed with Putin, but he doesn't vote. I think the hearing made them even angrier.

COMPLETE. VINDICATION.

I can see the final shot of a movie. Trump's guards unlatch his handcuffs and push him into his cell. The cell bars clank as they shutter closed, locking Trump inside his minuscule new room. The ceiling drips some liquid monotonously down into a growing puddle. From somewhere down the cell block another inmate screams "Cuck You!" Trump, dressed in his prison orange sits down on the hard, stained mattress of his new home for the next 25 years and whispers to himself: "Total vindication".

I hope you're happy, Americans. You're an international embarrassment. Now get rid of that clown!

Motherfucker, what do you think we've been trying to do?

Also, you're on NeoGAF. You're preaching to members of the majority of Americans that voted against him. And let's not forget Russian interference and a broken electoral system.

Horns

Trump and company are so desperate for any win they'll happily misconstrue an L to attempt to look good. The bar is so low and his base is so dumb they'll also happily go along with it.

He was called a liar multiple times, there were many hints that he is being investigated by Mueller as we speak but hes been vindicated!!! What a god damn moron.

hEist

President Trump will hold a Joint Press Conference With the President of Romania today and I hope someone from the press will ask him, where the Comet Tapes are.

Top Bottom