• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump will live tweet during Comey testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
He's trying to distract people from the hearing itself. This will be his entire Twitter strategy distilled. He can't help himself. Talk all the time. Big talk. The best talk. With great endurance.

Donald Trump is bringing the true second screen experience that Xbox Smartglass promised!

Is it too much to ask for our dumbass President to actually get some work done instead of watch more TV?

At this point when he does get work done it is pulling out of climate agreements and trying to posture with Russia. I say allow him to be distracted as it is for everyones best interest.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Considering that the White House had preventative measures against a Drunk Alcoholic Nixon launching nukes, there is no way they don't already have measures in place to make sure Trump can't actually be the one to launch the nukes.

And what makes you think that any of the current White House staff is competent enough to control what the President can or can't do when they haven't proved to be able to so thus far? It sounds crazy, but it's a legit concern.

Let him, encourage him. The more he responds quickly without taking time to make a good response, the more likely those responses can be used against him down the road.

KuroNeeko

I'm not watching this and I hope they take pains to make sure no on involved in the hearings has access to any sort of media during the event itself. Last thing we need is real-time interference from 45.

KingV

What happens when Trump decides to launch a nuke just to cause an emergency so he can ride out his Presidency on a war-driven news cycle causing everyone to forget about Russia?

He cannot do so completely unilaterally. There are various checks and balances in place that I believe would prevent the launch in a time of peace.

Technically, he has the authority to launch nuclear weapons but in practice there are a number of people involved in the process that have to do stuff along the way to make it happen. Those people could not play along and generally make it near impossible for him to do it.

It's not like there is a button to press and the missiles start flying. It's is quite a bit more complicated.

Steel

Banned
I'm not watching this and I hope they take pains to make sure no on involved in the hearings has access to any sort of media during the event itself. Last thing we need is real-time interference from 45.

One of the hearings with Comey had questions asked about Tweets that occured during the hearing. It was... Interesting.

johnsmith

remember me
O6DQGMb.png

onWSlBf.png

Majine

Banned
What pains me is knowing that when Trump leaves office, the GOP spin will be that he was too obstructed by all the fake news to accomplish anything. And nothing will be learned.

Ac30

Comey's opening statement: https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/os-jcomey-060817.pdf

...the President said, “I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.”...

Probably needs a new thread IMO

Also whoooo boy

The President then returned to the topic of Mike Flynn, saying, “He is a good guy and has been through a lot.” He repeated that Flynn hadn’t done anything wrong on his calls with the Russians, but had misled the Vice President. He then said, “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.” I replied only that “he is a good guy.” (In fact, I had a positive experience dealing with Mike Flynn when he was a colleague as Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency at the beginning of my term at FBI.) I did not say I would “let this go.”

Wow, WaPo vindicated

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I heard that people are going to gather at Bars that are opening earlier to watch the testimony together?
Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom