• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump will live tweet during Comey testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.
fhtpux1.jpg

Brilliant! Now I want the whole song

Dana Boente was the acting deputy AG after Yates was fired and before Rosenstein was appointed in late April.

Why would you go to the DOJ at all if you suspect that the head is compromised or, at the very least, in the President's ear? Before Comey was fired (and shortly after), Rosenstein was still insisting that there was no need for a special prosecutor.

chadskin

Why would you go to the DOJ at all if you suspect that the head is compromised or, at the very least, in the President's ear? Before Comey was fired (and shortly after), Rosenstein was still insisting that there was no need for a special prosecutor.

The FBI is an agency of the DoJ, making the AG -- or after Sessions' recusal -- the (acting) deputy AG his superior. If Trump had tried to interfere in FBI investigations, it would've made sense to notify the DoJ and to create a contemporary paper trail at the DoJ.

I haven't seen any indication based on the leaks around Comey thus far that he himself didn't trust the DoJ but he'll have an opportunity to testify on all these matters.

I mean, it's ultimately a side story to the Comey memos but unlike all the "unmasking" nonsense, it is a valid question.

rambis

Banned
The FBI is an agency of the DoJ, making the AG -- or after Sessions' recusal -- the (acting) deputy AG his superior. If Trump had tried to interfere in FBI investigations, it would've made sense to notify the DoJ and to create a contemporary paper trail at the DoJ.

I haven't seen any indication based on the leaks around Comey thus far that he himself didn't trust the DoJ but he'll have an opportunity to testify on all these matters.

I mean, it's ultimately a side story to the Comey memos but unlike all the "unmasking" nonsense, it is a valid question.

From the OG memo article
Mr. Comey shared the existence of the memo with senior F.B.I. officials and close associates. The New York Times has not viewed a copy of the memo, which is unclassified, but one of Mr. Comey’s associates read parts of it to a Times reporter.

This is supposedly what the "Comey Memos" were. They were supposedly handed out to key confidants inside the DOJ/FBI in the event that something happended to Comey.

KingV

He's way too proud to resign. That would be admitting that he was wrong, that he lost, that he's not good enough for the job, etc.

He wants to leave in a way that lets him squeal about it not being fair for the rest of his life. Even if it's a much slower, more embarrassing (for everyone else), and painful way to quit.

There is nothing that lets me think he has the self awareness to realize that he is not the best President ever. I've never seen anyone who more obviously drinks their own Kool Aid.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
There is nothing that lets me think he has the self awareness to realize that he is not the best President ever. I've never seen anyone who more obviously drinks their own Kool Aid.
I'm sure he probably thinks he is the best President ever, but I also don't think he's happy doing the job. He prefers to sit back and yell at other people without doing any real work himself, which is why he always acts like a child being forced to do his homework every time he has to actually meet the leaders of other countries (except Russians, of course).

I think he wants out because he wants to go back to his old life of being a jackass without responsibilities, not because he thinks he's unfit for the job.

This is absolute madness. No one ever could have predicted this shit.

We are truly living in the darkest, most absurd timeline.

I can only hope he incriminates himself more.

FromAtoX

Man, the season finale of House of Covfefe is going to be insane! Can't wait!
We have an idiot for president.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Oh fuck. Should I skip my nap or am I good for a bit?

From what I remember the last time he did that the story didn't drop until the next day.

I don't even remember what it was. I can't keep track of this shit anymore. I need a spreadsheet or something.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It's so shameful what this Orange Turd has turned our most sacred government institutions into. I am legitimately embarrassed to be an American.

Please for the love of god someone make it stop!

Steel

Banned
His Lawyers are currently getting ready to steal his cell phone before the testimony. We might even get a new Covfefe incident.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Realistically, what do we expect to happen when Comey testifies?

Sworn testimony that will make the case for obstruction a lot stronger. Not a 'final nail' or 'smoking gun', but it will be a big deal and a key point in this timeline when it's all said and done.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm sure that Trump wouldn't mind going under oath to counter anything disparaging that Comey says, you know if he's so innocent?

I wouldn't doubt if someone is paid to literally stalk trumps twitter and screen cap everything anytime something is posted and deleted.

It will most definitely be monitored and used against him for the future. As well as IP logged

Hiltz

Leave it to our orange POTUS to come up with such a stupid decision due to his pattern of self- destructive behavior. It would be irionic if Trump tweets something more potentially damaging than compared to whatever Comey has to say.

Ovid

Wouldn't be surprised if cable news placed a tweet box in the lower right hand corner during his testimony.

etrain911

Realistically, what do we expect to happen when Comey testifies?

Probably evidence towards a case for obstruction without ever actually using the word "obstruction". Comey knows that he can't outright accuse the president of obstruction and have it stick so he'll probably just tell his side of the story and leave it up to the public to interpret it how they choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom