• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump declares ‘total vindication’ in tweet on Comey

NotLiquid

Trump and company are so desperate for any win they'll happily misconstrue an L to attempt to look good. The bar is so low and his base is so dumb they'll also happily go along with it.

Trump would unironically run on this kind of rhetoric given the opportunity

ebFblsP.jpg

dlauv

If anyone thinks an FBI director calling him a liar a few times will amount to anything, try to remember his election campaign. I don't see how anyone can look at this tweet and think anything but "Duh."

kevin1025

Banned
He was called a liar multiple times, there were many hints that he is being investigated by Mueller as we speak but hes been vindicated!!! What a god damn moron.

Trump's whole shtick is to convince enough people to get away with whatever he wants. He's done it his whole life. It's just that now, a not-insignificant amount of people can see the trick he tries to pull and it's not working.

Between this and Marco rubio's annihilation of comey yesterday, maybe this nonsense will end?

Said my parents

The correct response is laughing and saying that we haven't even reached the climax yet. This is all still the setup.

We're only 5 months into this administration. If you think this will go away over the next four years, you've got another thing coming.

Sephzilla

After hearing Comey, it's definitely coming. If not for Russia than for the obstruction.

Comey made sure he kept all of his statements in past tense when it came to Trump not being personally investigated. He left a huge door open about that changing

Trump's whole shtick is to convince enough people to get away with whatever he wants. He's done it his whole life. It's just that now, a not-insignificant amount of people can see the trick he tries to pull and it's not working.

Yep. It's really sad that their are millions of people who believe this dumb asshole.

kevin1025

Banned
Between this and Marco rubio's annihilation of comey yesterday, maybe this nonsense will end?

Said my parents

The fun part is, Rubio was the Mouth of Sauron yesterday, since he had dinner with Trump two nights before (along with Cotton).

Yep. It's really sad that their are millions of people who believe this dumb asshole.

Definitely. But I have to imagine, at a certain point, a few will see how completely absurd some of his excuses are, and will start realizing some things, and that cult of Trump will dwindle.

KSweeley

To all the people who voted for Trump and believed what he stated during his campaign of what he would do as President, also this should be tweeted to Trump himself: http://www.youareanidiot.org/

I wonder how would Trump react to visiting that site and seeing smiley faces and a voice singing at him "You are an idiot, ha ha ha ha."

reKon

Banned
This is just more fuel for Trump supporters to embarrass themselves with because they will believe anything Trump says.

Trump and his people may claim victory over this but Comey's testimony was damaging for Trump. Comey made sure to paint Trump a liar in his encounters with him. No matter what, if your credibility takes a hit, that is not good for you, in any measure.

Mrbob

So now it's time to start putting pressure on Trump to go under oath and say this. Otherwise his tweets don't mean a damn.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Sit on your ass and wait for it to play out instead of actually doing something ?
Three not much to do unless you want Gaffers to run up to the White House mob style. But that's dumb. You wouldn't be saying that...

So now it's the time to start putting pressure on Trump to go under oath and say this. Otherwise his tweets don't mean a damn.

Think it was Pod Save America that said this yesterday but he might be more than wiling to do that despite the fact that his lawyers probably don't want him to because they know for a fact he will perjure himself.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
trump said:
Despite so many false statements and lies, total and complete vindication...and WOW, Comey is a leaker!
sooo he says comey is a liar, then says comey vindicated him. So is comey telling the truth or lying? also, you can't leak unclassified information.

The amount of contradictions in one tweet is impressive.

sooo he says comey is a liar, then says comey vindicated him. So is comey telling the truth or lying? also, you can't leak unclassified information.

That's always been his strategy with this stuff. It's never made sense, but here we are. From the statement yesterday, what I gleaned was that Comey may very well have broken the law by leaking privileged conversations he had with the president that also didn't actually happen because his testimony was full of lies. Aside from the things that vindicated Trump. Those aren't lies. Even liars sometimes let truths slip through.

The amount of contradictions in one tweet is impressive.

It looks like he's referring to the news media outside of Fox of course then switches to Comey pushing his memos to his buddy.

MsKrisp

What have they accomplished with that group? I've been donating to the ACLU for the past few months, and I just don't know if it'll make a difference at all. Oh well. Feeling like a Debbie Downer today. Sorry.

:(

Considering how much work the ACLU has put into the travel ban and staffing airports with lawyers to provide free legal service to people detained, imo that wasn't a waste.

Koomaster

So for a while now the GOP have been screaming that the real villain in all this are the leakers. And Trump has now specifically called Comey a leaker. Is this just dog whistling or is Trump actually trying to find some way to arrest/charge Comey?

Couleurs

Seems like it would be pretty easy to prove to the public that Comey was lying, if Trump actually had tapes of their meetings like he said he has.

Unless - hear me out - maybe it turns out Trump is lying. I know it's hard to fathom, but maaaybe

How can you call someone a leaker while saying that the same person is lying? 🤔🤔

Uhhh, you accuse them of doing both? Not exactly rocket science, and even makes sense in theory because it increases leaker's credibility regarding the lie part.

Let's say I work at Nintendo, and I know Nintendo Spotlight starts with New Super Mario Bros. Switch featuring dragon snail enemies, and I want to troll some people. So I post on NeoGAF that there's gonna be New Super Mario Bros. Switch with dragon snails, and also Falcon's Third (EU) / Falcontail (NA), a downloadable game in which Captain Falcon engages in cocktail preparation, which is complete BS, in hope people will believe in that when they see dragon snails. Therefore, in this hypothetical scenario, I'm a leaker and a liar.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Everyone, including his supporters, knows Trump is guilty as sin. HyperNormalisation has normalized lying as a justifiable way of operating in the current world, so long as the associated denial furthers your political agenda.

Trump really is Putin 2.0. We really are Russia 2.0.

Yet...we are not too far gone and our government and press are still acting as the checks they were meant to be. There still a chance to turn this around in 2018.
Putin is the most important individual in geopolitics post Bin Laden. He has made the US and a huge portion of Europe dance to his whims. He has sowed seeds of distrust in his political adversary's electoral system without even tampering on votes. Trump is not Putin 2.0 in any sense. He would have never been able to achieve a fraction of that.

Top Bottom