• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump declares ‘total vindication’ in tweet on Comey

Tovarisc

Just now

Trump on Comey: ”No collusion, no obstruction. He's a leaker"

Also Comey is liar

XrWxDYc.png

Tovarisc

He also says he has tapes and will be talking about them very shortly.

This is going to be good lol

I think he said he will be telling us in near future IF tapes exist and that we would be disappointed? Or did I mishear that?

GDGF

Soothsayer
I think he said he will be telling us in near future IF tapes exist and that we would be disappointed? Or did I mishear that?

Not sure anymore. Maybe I misheard lol. I thought the "disappointment" part was pointed at the media who don't think tapes exist or something.

We will see I guess.

He's just digging a bigger hole here.

Yoda

Being called a pathological liar by an FBI director (who happens to be a Republican while we're at it) = vindication? Someone should ask him what color the sky is.

hydruxo

Nah he was very vague about it, he didn't confirm or deny any tapes. He just said we'll find out "shortly" and we're going to be "disappointed about it"

GDGF

Soothsayer
Nah he was very vague about it, he didn't confirm or deny any tapes. He just said we'll find out "shortly" and we're going to be "disappointed about it"

Cool. I was listening from the other room so that makes sense.

Was hoping he went all in with writing a check he can't cash.

Dyle

Trump has no idea what he's getting himself into, he'll end up committing perjury in the first 10 minutes.

So in other words, please proceed Mr. President

RPGCrazied

Wow, he just said he would say that under oath. Come on senate, get him to testify under oath. I want to see him grilled by senators.

Zubz

Banned
Trump got angry about Comey questions and...

fGcBJLh.png

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/873257081884872704

I was listening to that on my way home. That wasn't just "angry." That was a tantrum.

He said we'd be "disappointed," which I assume was him saying he's going to be cleared (He's way too arrogant to play that "victim" card, but yet he plays it all the time), but he said that about the timetable.

My guess is he puts it off & hope people forget like with the Obama birth certificate.

He got hammered with several Comey questions back to back and he lost his temper.

It wasn't even back to back really. I think he asked the guy to be fair and then he felt it wasn't. Just the way he asks reporters to be fair makes me feel he would ask someone to be loyal.

Cuburt

That's what I heard.

It's a weird response that he didn't have a response to it now, whether it was a prepared denial or a justification for why he mentioned tapes rather than saying we'll hear about it soon.

WinFonda

In Trump's mind all he has to do is hold his hand up and say "I do" and then everything he says from then on is empowered with magic pixie dust and he's off the hook. Y'know that taking the oath thing, it's a pretty good deal. Pretty good!

He probably thinks its easy to do after watching Comey do it.

Cuburt

Wow, he just said he would say that under oath. Come on senate, get him to testify under oath. I want to see him grilled by senators.
I don't think we'd get to see it even if he did.

On MSNBC earlier someone said, since it's the President, a testimony under oath would be behind closed doors in front of a Grand Jury(?).

Also talking to Mueller would be behind closed doors.

I means, it obviously good if he actually testifies, but I don't think it will be the circus people hope it will be.

ICO_SotC

Worthless prediction; He's going to say the tapes exist (I actually think they do), but they actually make Trump look bad, so he'll say they contain material that is either classified, or sensitive enough to declare executive privilege, and not release the entirety of them.

He'll then release edited parts of the tapes that leave all the damning stuff he said out, and declare himself vindicated.

Nah, they will go easy on him so that Comey looks like a lying asshole and leaker

You mean Congress? If he is speaks under oath in front of the Senate questions will come from Democrats and Republicans. Democrats will see blood in the water and their questions will be laser focused to get Trump to commit perjury.

What I find amusing is how he has to tweet how "vindicated" he is regarding Comey's firing is completely telling as to why he was fired in the first place... i.e. "The only reason I fired him was because he was investigating me... but now that he's come out as a leaker, it completely validates my decision! I knew it all along!"

Worthless prediction; He's going to say the tapes exist (I actually think they do), but they actually make Trump look bad, so he'll say they contain material that is either classified, or sensitive enough to declare executive privilege, and not release the entirety of them.

He'll then release edited parts of the tapes that leave all the damning stuff he said out, and declare himself vindicated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YzSHIYxdRs

Comey on tape "Mr President you are....absolutely.....innocent.....and....very....good look....ing"

Shoeless

Out of curiosity, what are the legal consequences if Trump testifies under oath, gets angry, as he does with reporters, and simply refuses to answer, saying something like "I don't like what you're saying. Next question," and just won't cooperate?

Out of curiosity, what are the legal consequences if Trump testifies under oath, gets angry, as he does with reporters, and simply refuses to answer, saying something like "I don't like what you're saying. Next question," and just won't cooperate?

Personally I'm hoping he just gets up and walks away from the stand

He's never going to testify

Zolo

I think that happened recently and nothing happened.

Surfinn

I'm vacationing here in San Diego, and there's a plane flying overhead with the message:

TRUMP VINDICATED! BEST PRESIDENT EVER!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Half your country belongs to a certified cult now.

Well only ~27% of eligible voters put him in office. (And some have possibly flipped)
Just under 50% didn't even bother to vote at all (shameful).
The rest were divvied among Hillary and the other candidates.

But yes, far too many ungrateful cunts that literally smack away a helping hand for inhumane, selfish, or misinformed reasoning. It's a travesty.

Top Bottom