• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump declares ‘total vindication’ in tweet on Comey

npm0925

Trump's glib bravado may work on the uneducated rabble but I don't think it will hold up under the scrutiny of a former FBI director. This pigfucker is playing a very dangerous game.

Surfinn

Half your country belongs to a certified cult now.
Half of voters, though I think less than that are actually dedicated Trump supporters.

Though the place I'm staying at with my parents is full of dumb Trump defenders/lovers.

I'm half expecting another plane to fly by saying TRUMP THE MASTER

Jackpot

Banned
I think it's closer to 27%.

OT, but this argument has always been garbage. Unless you can prove voter apathy is strongly weighted towards one party over the other, it's perfectly acceptable to apply the voting proportions to the whole country.

I strongly doubt during Obama years you were saying "well only 30% of the population even voted for him. no mandate!"

KingV

OT, but this argument has always been garbage. Unless you can prove voter apathy is strongly weighted towards one party over the other, it's perfectly acceptable to apply the voting proportions to the whole country.

I strongly doubt during Obama years you were saying "well only 30% of the population even voted for him. no mandate!"

Well, his approval rating is not 38% so certainly less than half of the population supports him.

Surfinn

I remember someone (you?) saying they saw that plane, any idea when it was flying with that banner?
Yup it was me. We're about an hour away from San Diego. It was flying over the beach at about 12 PM PDT. And yesterday at the same time.

I was stunned. Finally got to take a picture

Lol I can't quite tell if it's a joke/sarcasm or not. But was taken back seeing it in real time

Oh, I fucking bet. I can only imagine. I've only seen something in real time like that once, and that was a raging fire right outside my house. It also turned the entire sky and air orange.

Surfinn

Oh, I fucking bet. I can only imagine. I've only seen something in real time like that once, and that was a raging fire right outside my house. It also turned the entire sky and air orange.
What did you see?

Edit: Oh I thought you were saying it was Trump related

lacinius

Half your country belongs to a certified cult now.

This is the cult takeaway from all of this set as easy to use talking points...

Zi2Zgx7.jpg

RPGCrazied

Yeah the Russia stuff seems very dead. Mueller is already done with his investigation. Believe me

He is still hiring top tier people. If I was Trump I'd be afraid. Even if they don't find him guilty of Russia meddling, they could and probably will find something else unrelated.

KHarvey16

It's only brought up in response to people claiming half of the country voted for or support him. It wasn't true on Election Day and it certainly isn't true now.

I love the idea that leaking the abject garbage his administration is doing is somehow bad and we're all going to be sympathetic to poor old Trump.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Fox News is playing a very dangerous game.
If something comes of this then their audience is going to be completely blindsided.
They're already brainwashed to the point of being delusional beyond just politics. Today I had a Fox News viewer tell me that a town doesn't exist because they've never heard of it. All information about the town is fake, according to them.
Fox News's audience will form terrorist cells overnight.

Remember, Trump congratulated himself for forcing Obama to release his birth certificate, after claiming Obama was born in another country.

He literally said, "I am very proud of myself" for pushing a conspiracy theory that turned out to be 100% false.

RPGCrazied

Fox News is playing a very dangerous game.
If something comes of this then their audience is going to be blindsided.
They're already brainwashed to the point of being delusional. Today I had a Fox News viewer tell me that a town doesn't exist because they've never heard of it. All information about the town is fake, according to them.
Fox News's audience will form terrorist cells overnight.

Let them. Their ratings are already dropping. They are 3rd in prime time now. I wonder why? People are getting tired of the unyielding support they give him. Its like propaganda TV!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
This is the cult takeaway from all of this set as easy to use talking points...
Anyone that still thumps the "There's nothing there" drum on Russia after this testimony has clearly made no contact with the actual testimony at all. Some of the other misrepresentations in that list, okay, it's dumb as hell to interpret the testimony those ways but I can see where the spin was applied to twist point A into point B. But 9 and 10? The reality of Russian interference was constantly reiterated throughout. There's nothing open to interpretation about statements like this:

HEINRICH: The president has repeatedly talked about the Russian investigation into the U.S. — or Russia's involvement in the U.S. Election cycle as a hoax and fake news. Can you talk a little bit about what you saw as FBI director and, obviously, only the parts that you can share in this setting that demonstrate how serious this action actually was and why there was an investigation in the first place?

COMEY: Yes, sir. There should be no fuzz on this whatsoever. The Russians interfered in our election during the 2016 cycle. They did with purpose. They did it with sophistication. They did it with overwhelming technical efforts. It was an active measures campaign driven from the top of that government. There is no fuzz on that. It is a high confidence judgment of the entire intelligence community and the members of this committee have seen the intelligence. It's not a close call. That happened. That's about as unfake as you can possibly get. It is very, very serious, which is why it's so refreshing to see a bipartisan focus on that. This is about America, not about a particular party.

Top Bottom