• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes March 10th

jryi

Senior Analyst, Fanboy Drivel Research Partners LLC
:(

Don't have much else to say.

This morning I was all excited, waiting to see Aqua's countdown timers. No more.

Aquamarine is no more.

pouring-out-liquor.gif

Aquamarine is no more with GAF that's sad I've been lurking these sales thread since the beginning of this generation and not only Aqumarine's leaks but her opinion on sales trends were always great.

doicare

[3DS] 290k
[PS4] 260k
[WIU] 82k
[XB1] 205k

Sigh, NPD claims another victim. I'll have to see what i can do about bringing some numbers to GAF.

Gestault

[Additional Saluting Snake Image Goes Here]

Thank you for your contributions, Aquamarine. The value of real-world data in conversations about this hobby can't be measured.

fedexpeon

Banned
Wow, just got back home and saw Aqua's post =/.
Geez, NPD must had to dig really hard to find your online profile or they asked partnered companies to see if anyone was going to GAF during work hours to track their IP.
But jeezus christ, shit is still insane with how much man hours and resources must had been used to find Aqua.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Aquamarine - wow, surprised you carried on this long with that pressure at work from NPD. I guess it was a matter of principle for you?

I hope you can register on here again as a different account and just post normally - just avoid NPD stuff :)

A_Gorilla

Banned
Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't we more or less gotten the correct sales numbers for at least the PS4 based on the 20 million announcement?

Wow, it's really sad to see Aqua go like that. I always enjoyed reading her insights on sales numbers.

Thanks for everything Aqua. Good luck with whatever comes next!

Aquamarine - wow, surprised you carried on this long with that pressure at work from NPD. I guess it was a matter of principle for you?

I hope you can register on here again as a different account and just post normally - just avoid NPD stuff :)
Well possible that she already created a new account and is walking among us. maybe as a junior. we should never know, but I hope so.

Welfare

Do I lower my Xbox number? I would think with being up YOY in January and being $349 for the entire month would equal it being up YOY this month, but so many of you think otherwise.

Decisions decisions.

Do I lower my Xbox number? I would think with being up YOY in January and being $349 for the entire month would equal it being up YOY this month, but so many of you think otherwise.

Decisions decisions.

This generation was more front loaded than prior gens. Now software is needed to nudge the consoles forward, February and the foreseeable future don't bode so well in that regard for the Xbone.

Chobel

Decisions decisions.

Last year Xbox One had the hype of Titanfall.

Madness

So long, GAF. It's been a wild ride.

- Aquamarine

I always looked forward to seeing what you posted Aquamarine. People like you are what made GAF what it is. This is a huge loss for all of us in the community here. I'm glad you still have your job, even though you shouldn't have risked it to post here. I don't get why NPD went on such a witch-hunt for you, or how they found out who you are and were able to force you to shut down all your public accounts.

Here's hoping not only do you still lurk, but that you have an account you can use privately or something to still share in, not as an 'insider' but just a fan. Take care and thanks for all the info.

Ty4on

[WIU] 71k
[3DS] 271k
[PS4] 221k
[XB1] 201k

First (plural.) are meaningless. Out of range means wrong order. It's very simple.

I'll try to make an accurate prediction next time. Kinda hard to sit down planning it with what has happened. I wanted to make a post about Aqua instead, but it'd feel doing that and not making any predicion.

Ty4on

I'm so confused!
The first avatar I remember her having was from a comic and said (IIRC) "that's right, I'm a gamer and a gurl". She also had the tag "GAF's resident waifu" from when Kyle Bosman mentioned her comparison of XB1 and 360 sales showing that the XB1 wasn't performing as well as MS PR wanted to make us think.

Top Bottom