• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

kiguel182

Sure they do. The Rumble title match was very good, and it was because it was a triple threat. Singles matches have pacing issues unless both performers are really good and work well together, and throwing in that third person often fills the match up and creates great surges as the three ebb and flow throughout the match.

Got no problem with it. Reigns vs Brock would stink, Brock vs Bryan would probably be all right but Bryan honestly kinda bores me since he does the exact same thing every match (so do Reigns and Lesnar), so putting all three together means you at least get a combination which might produce some interesting flow and new spots.

It's the best choice.

I don't agree. Triple Threat matches have more pacing issues and fall into a certain formula that I'm not that keen on.

I think the Rumble match would've been much better if it was Rollins vs Lesnar instead of having Cena there.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I guess the least exciting wrestling news ever is that the Big Show is going to become a good guy again. I think he changes alignment at least five times a year.

WWE should do something amusing with the Big Show. Like maybe he could forget whether he's good or bad. He'd have to write on his gigantic hand what the writers wanted him to be that day.

I feel like the sensible option here would be The Authority booting Kane, who is a useless fuck, and siding with Big Show who remains heel.

KissVibes

Banned
Ideally, Brock will win but then Triple H throws the entire fucking roster at him (saying whomever pin him is champion) until he is so worn out that Rollins can hit Piece of Mind and cash it in. WrestleMania should end with bodies everywhere and Seth Rollins being carried by J&J on their shoulders with the title around his neck, confetti falling from the skies. Then Reigns can chase that to SummerSlam and Bryan can be "Way over guy gets NXT talent over when they hit the main roster" guy.

Lesnar NEVER SHOWS UP AGAIN. No explanation. No quitting. Lesnar just never shows up again and Heyman moves on.

KissVibes

Banned
Question. Do you guys think Lesnar is a Hall of Famer eventually?

In Kayfabe? Obviously. He ended the fucking streak! He murdered John Cena almost every single time they've met. He suplexed the Giant and broke a wrestling ring. He's the youngest WWE Champion in history(Orton is only the youngest WHC champion, IIRC). He beat CM Punk, longest reigning WWE Champion of the modern era, decisively. On paper, he is the most dominate and demanding force in WWE history.

acrid

Banned
In Kayfabe? Obviously. He ended the fucking streak! He murdered John Cena almost every single time they've met. He suplexed the Giant and broke a wrestling ring. He's the youngest WWE Champion in history(Orton is only the youngest WHC champion, IIRC). He beat CM Punk, longest reigning WWE Champion of the modern era, decisively. On paper, he is the most dominate and demanding force in WWE history.

Wait....are you Paul Heyman?

Aiii

So not worth it
So I guess we forgot that whole deal where Cena destroyed him and he only retained the belt through Rollins interference, I suppose.

RP912

Banned
So I guess we forgot that whole deal where Cena destroyed him and he only retained the belt through Rollins interference, I suppose.

It never happened...

vlcsnap-00209.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm making the OT thread for this
Say what you want about this gimmick but I loved it! I wanted to do the Mr. America Gimmick for years and was very happy with it for the most part. Its a shame it was short lived but still cool nonetheless. HH

Hasney

Nope that's when he should get special paint jobs. It would be a shame to always have the same one. In fact he should get a special new one every PPV.

With the theme of the PPV incorporated into it. I can't wait to see the Fast Lane paint!

Vince is going to ruin Devitt when he moved up to the main roster. No way he is going to let the paint fly on the main roster. Its not a Vince idea so it wont be used.

But maybe he will get lucky and by that time Vince will be off the road by then.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
B9LOH27CYAMgjWk.jpg:small

kinda want to import
Vince is going to ruin Devitt when he moved up to the main roster. No way he is going to let the paint fly on the main roster. Its not a Vince idea so it wont be used.

But maybe he will get lucky and by that time Vince will be off the road by then.

Vince loved the Boogeyman according to Simon Dean, so the paint will be fine.

He shouldn't be doing that paint shit all the time imo. WWE fans are going to think he's a boogeyman type. Devitt was fine in NJPW when he didn't use it. He didn't need it to get over.

Aiii

So not worth it
When he goes to the main roster he should only do the face paint at big events like WM/

Let's take one of the things that makes him special and not have him do that, except for one time a year, so he can be just another guy for the rest of it?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Let's take one of the things that makes him special and not have him do that, except for one time a year, so he can be just another guy for the rest of it?

Cool, so his gimmick is a shallow paintjob then? That's the only reason he's special?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think Balor should only use new paint for new lines of merch. When the regular shirt has run its course, move to the next design, new merch, new money. Think like a businessman. That's Cena-level planning.

The paint is one of the main things that make him special, hell, I wasn't even sure he was actually a good wrestler for a long time because the main thing people posted about him was his cool new paint jobs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Some cosplay(?)/gravure girl is training to become a joshi.
B9Yg2hACYAAPaLY.jpg:small

B9TQMc4CYAAvru8.jpg

B8_u5gKIEAQxga6.jpg

She is going to get Yuzupon'd so badly. Apparently speaks English too which is always cool.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What does is it mean to be Yuzupon'd?
Means you're a model/idol and they're going to rib you a lot to see if you stick it out.

And if you have larger breasts, they'll get hit a lot. For some reason, that's a thing in Japanese wrestling. Especially joshis.
wSlvt0m.gif

Gonzalez

Banned
Some cosplay(?)/gravure girl is training to become a joshi.
B9TQMc4CYAAvru8.jpg

She is going to get Yuzupon'd so badly. Apparently speaks English too which is always cool.

She reminds me of that fat girl that won the right to take Zach Morris to the dance, but Zach wanted no part of her fat ass. I think she died of a heart attack between episodes.

Just finished watching New Beginning in Sendai, my usual thoughts...

1. Bruce Tharpe Des is still awesome. That is all.

2. Congrats to Tenzan, and now we get the payoff to the Tenkoji breakup with them fighting over the NWA title. Good for them.

3. So Okada challenges Fale to a first round match in the NJC? He can do that? Ah well, he's the goddamn rainmaker. Of course he can.

4. Ibushi and Naito should be a full-time tag team, holy shit, they made a Sakuraba/Yano match look watchable. Ibushi vs. Sakuraba is not a match I'm looking forward to though.

5. For the love of God, Ishii, your shoulder is fucking borked as hell. And now you're the damn NEVER champion again. I know it would have been embarrassing to lose to Honma, but dude, if Makabe will forfeit the title because he's got the flu, you can take a couple months off to get surgery.

6. And Nakamura keeps his title over Nagata. Yay! Now can we finally get him a challenger that would be viable to take the belt off of him? It's practically become his vanity title at this point. Hey, Naito's not doing anything...

Top Bottom