• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
3yHlQgv.gif

I saw this gif in another thread and I just wanted to post it here because.

So as I'm making my way through the attitude era from its "first" year (97) the most apparent thing I'm noticing is how everyone put on Tv is involved in a story. I know its been said here before but it bears repeating; everyone they put on Tv had a story going on. Did this mean everything was good? No. Did this mean everything was planned out? No. But when you watch a raw back then there is a clear feeling of "This is _______'s segment of the night. How is THEIR story advancing."

So as I'm making my way through the attitude era from its "first" year (97) the most apparent thing I'm noticing is how everyone put on Tv is involved in a story. I know its been said here before but it bears repeating; everyone they put on Tv had a story going on. Did this mean everything was good? No. Did this mean everything was planned out? No. But when you watch a raw back then there is a clear feeling of "This is _______'s segment of the night. How is THEIR story advancing."

Sounds like way too much effort to be honest.

Gorillaz

hard time sleeping watching total divas, since it's...you know, #canon

what is up with people wanting to get all close to Paige's face.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was thinking about AJ and how unexpected his time in NJPW has been. Has a gaijin, without being a MONSTER, ever gotten over that quickly in Japan as AJ has? And he's been doing it as a heel, for fuck's sake.

Late, but... That Finn Balor NXT takeover entrance was terrible. The face paint was cool, but it's like they injected Stardust goof into him.

It was the same as his last Demon entrance but yeah I agree - lose the dreads, lose the crawling and some of the poses, and just work with like

build up, cut to black
balor suddenly appears in the smoke as the music kicks in
walk slowly towards the ring
get up to the top turnbuckle for the symphonic hits instead of the poses
then suddenly cut back to black and when it comes back on, he's in the middle of the ring

something like that. the interpretative dance stuff doesn't really work for me in wrestling.

GcFp905.jpg

So yeah, Honma vs Ishii is probably something everyone should watch.

I was thinking about AJ and how unexpected his time in NJPW has been. Has a gaijin, without being a MONSTER, ever gotten over that quickly in Japan as AJ has? And he's been doing it as a heel, for fuck's sake.

Kerry Von Erich, but that was as a face and the magazines proper hyped up his coming to Japan. To the degree that even Kerry looked bemused at the insane reactions he was getting.

Styles has fit in so amazingly well, it's pretty remarkable. Makes me wish he hadn't been spinning his wheels in TNA for so long.

BebopFinale.gif

Finished up bebop, friendos.

Wish I gave more of a shit about Spike, but on the other hand if his characterization wasn't so minimalist than the other characters wouldn't have shined...

except for Ed, I don't know if she was some vestigial remnant from an old anime trope, and I liked her enough but they quickly wrote her out as it was clear they didn't want the tone the character brought in the finale.~

Good stuff, now I can watch NXT Rival, and also answer the burning question: Can I get through an episode of True Detective without falling asleep?

How the hell is Al Snow sluming it in TNA but Bill Demott is still holding down a job in WWE developmental?

I feel like those roles should be reversed.

kiguel182

So, the Observer is saying the Mania main-event is going to be a Triple Threat again? Bah.

Triple Threats seem to be the easy way out this days when they don't want to commit to something. They rarely make anything better.

So, the Observer is saying the Mania main-event is going to be a Triple Threat again? Bah.

Triple Threats seem to be the easy way out this days when they don't want to commit to something. They rarely make anything better.

Sure they do. The Rumble title match was very good, and it was because it was a triple threat. Singles matches have pacing issues unless both performers are really good and work well together, and throwing in that third person often fills the match up and creates great surges as the three ebb and flow throughout the match.

Got no problem with it. Reigns vs Brock would stink, Brock vs Bryan would probably be all right but Bryan honestly kinda bores me since he does the exact same thing every match (so do Reigns and Lesnar), so putting all three together means you at least get a combination which might produce some interesting flow and new spots.

It's the best choice.

MC Safety

I guess the least exciting wrestling news ever is that the Big Show is going to become a good guy again. I think he changes alignment at least five times a year.

WWE should do something amusing with the Big Show. Like maybe he could forget whether he's good or bad. He'd have to write on his gigantic hand what the writers wanted him to be that day.

KissVibes

Banned
Bryan and Brock will put on the most strong style ass match the WWE Universe has ever SEEN! Shit gonna be so raw and stiff as fuck.

Reigns will hit a lot of spears until he pins both men at once.

Top Bottom