• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder which Rockstar studio will work on Max Payne 4. Rockstar Vancouver did Max Payne 3 and that studio got merged with Rockstar Toronto. Maybe Toronto will take up the reins?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder what Rockstar studio will work on Max Payne 4. Rockstar Vancouver did Max Payne 3 and that studio got merged with Rockstar Toronto. Maybe Toronto will take up the reins?

I remember it selling less than they thought it would. Max is probably dead for a long time. I don't even think Rockstar are going to make linear games anymore. Bully 2, Red Dead, another GTA, another LA Noire(with Rockstar developing instead of Bondi) all seem more likely than another Max Payne.

I remember it selling less than they thought it would. Max is probably dead for a long time. I don't even think Rockstar are going to make linear games anymore. Bully 2, Red Dead, another GTA, another LA Noire(with Rockstar developing instead of Bondi) all seem more likely than another Max Payne.

It sold 4 million in the first year. That's not amazing, but it's also not a failure by any means. Of course it isn't up there with the Red Dead and GTA numbers, but those are unfair comparisons.

Kaladin

this Triple H/Punk match is dumb as fuck

ST16M.gif

I'd rather they made a new IP with those shooting mechanics. They wrapped up Max's story, ended it on a good note. Which is kinda funny, since I was totally expecting
him to die at the end, which the trailers seemed to hint at.

Also:

75W0Kk5.gif

I wonder which Rockstar studio will work on Max Payne 4. Rockstar Vancouver did Max Payne 3 and that studio got merged with Rockstar Toronto. Maybe Toronto will take up the reins?

I'm willing to bet the Max Payne IP is pretty dead for now. Which is fine cause the series wrapped up in a pretty nice way.

Best third person shooter ever btw.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm holding out hope for Vice Noire which is LA Noire but with some more car chases and fights and set in the 80s. Based heavily around Miami Vice.
Kaitlyn might be too brolic for me at this point, I can't decide.

#blameBraun

Vince kept her unhappy and thick.

I'm holding out hope for Vice Noire which is LA Noire but with some more car chases and fights and set in the 80s. Based heavily around Miami Vice.

#blameBraun

Vince kept her unhappy and thick.

Or a private detective in the 70s. Or just anything not involving being a cop in the 50s.

I don't see another Noire game. At least not for a while. Bondi did a majority of the work on LA, Rockstar just published. It wasn't even Rockstar's engine. It was completely proprietary. And the entire development process was complete hell. And they (Bondi) are allegedly still working on Whore of the Orient, which will almost assuredly never come out at this point.

I don't see another Noire game. At least not for a while. Bondi did a majority of the work on LA, Rockstar just published. It wasn't even Rockstar's engine. It was completely proprietary. And the entire development process was complete hell. And they (Bondi) are allegedly still working on Whore of the Orient, which will almost assuredly never come out at this point.

I can see them starting from scratch without Team Bondi (considering they presumably own the IP), without the gimmicky face capture bullshit. Maybe then the PC version can run above 30FPS.

I can see them starting from scratch without Team Bondi (considering they presumably own the IP), without the gimmicky face capture bullshit. Maybe then the PC version can run above 30FPS.

Rockstar does own the IP. I think taking away the face capture is taking away a big reason why LA Noire sold as well as it did. It was a novelty. Yeah, the game was good, but the facial capture stuff got a lot of people in the door. I don't think the franchise has much value, but I think a game with similar ideas might work if Rockstar builds it from the ground up. But then it won't be a sequel to LA Noire. It'll be its own thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rockstar does own the IP. I think taking away the face capture is taking away a big reason why LA Noire sold as well as it did. It was a novelty. Yeah, the game was good, but the facial capture stuff got a lot of people in the door. I don't think the franchise has much value, but I think a game with similar ideas might work if Rockstar builds it from the ground up. But then it won't be a sequel to LA Noire. It'll be its own thing.

I am firmly of the opinion that the reason that game sold as well as it did was because there was a Rockstar logo on the box. YMMV, but I was working games retail at the time, and you'd be amazed how many people asked if 'that new GTA' was out.

I am firmly of the opinion that the reason that game sold as well as it did was because there was a Rockstar logo on the box. YMMV, but I was working games retail at the time, and you'd be amazed how many people asked if 'that new GTA' was out.

Maybe. I think that would be even more of the case nowadays, though. After GTA V sold how it did, it kind of proved Rockstar is in a league of their own. I just don't think a lot of people would see a sequel and think "Man, I loved LA Noire so I'll buy this". I think Rockstar is just better off starting something new with similar concepts. Or maybe they can finally fucking finish Agent.

Xater

Man those people must have been pissed once they played it.

It sold well because it was marketed as an open-world Rockstar police game. In fact, I'd say that it burned enough people to have a negative effect on Max Payne 3's sales.

Everything about that feud was perfectly booked to build on Punk's momentum. Remember that Raw where everyone walked out on the company and you had the fans in an empty arena with no commentators? Why can't we get such masterful storytelling like that anymore?

Because everyone was terrified of Miz and R-Truth lolololololol.

"Hunner, we're girls Hunner. Something could happen Hunner."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom