• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Speakin of shoots, what are some good shoot videos to check out?

Simon Dean shoot part 2 - Super long, VERY informative. Highly underrated. I think it's the best shoot of all time, honestly. Not only does he discuss OVW, DSW, WWE as a performer but also as a backstage/office guy. Talks about Triple H as a office guy, Johnny Ace in a more positive light than you usually hear, problems with OVW and why WWE stoppd working with them, things with ECW, and the shuttering of DSW which is hilarious the way it's told.

Insane Clown Posse You Shoot Don't immediately say 'fuck the ICP' because you will at least love them as wrestling fans at the end of this. This shit is hilarious. It is probably the funniest shoot of all time, and it gives a perspective on what are essentially two marks both appearing in WCW and WWE. Talks about Goldberg wiping his ass with his hand and throwing Evan Karagias, Raven and Vampiro having a Scooby Doo moment with them. Goldust constantly ribbing them and saying weird shit to them.

Timeline: History of WCW 1996 with Kevin Sullivan Great backstage talks. Kevin Sullivan is a really smart guy, and it's curious to see how his mind worked. This goes over the most important year in the history of WCW and has some great stories like how Kevin would have only accepted a fourth NWO member if it was HBK.

Timeline: History of WWF 1995 with Kevin Nash Fucking classic. The birth of 'mother fucker not everything is about you!'

Bam Bam Bigelow shoot(free) Great perspective on ECW in its early years at the time and Bam Bam's history. Bam Bam comes off as super likeable.

Captain Lou Albano(free) If you want to hear about the territories, and more importantly, the WWF before it was THE WWF, you want to watch this. In addition, Lou demonstrats his photographic memory repeatedly, and I was just completely blown away by how much he knows about wrestling.

Raven (RF Shoot. 2003) If you can find it. I don't think RF has the rights anymore, and I couldn't find anywhere to purchase it or even stream it. This is the first shoot I ever bought, and I love it. Raven talks about WCW, WWF, and even critiques some ROH wrestlers about their lack of selling and building up anticipation for a move while working a program for ROH. He meant it in a constructive way, but it's kind of interesting to hear him put it so bluntly in 2003. Clearly that fell on deaf ears. Some fun tales of debauchery in here as well.

Youshoot: Perry Saturn Debauchery: The shoot video. Saturn talks about his disappearance, about WWF(briefly), about WCW and some insane stories about ECW. You'll learn about Steve 'Mongo' McMichaels being a party animal and Paul Heyman fucking rats. And Juventud being fucking nuts.

scabro

maxreigns.png

KqyXRos.gif

Kaladin

Serious question friends, where did the put a z-pak on it joke come from? Punk clearly knows that z-paks are antibiotics (pills) and not a physical pack you put on something. I don't remember if he said something like that in the podcast or not though.

Alucard

Banned
Finally watching the Zayn/Neville match from NXT R:Evolution. I loved the match they had...I think near the start of 2014? Expecting great things from this one. Neville is stellar. Really hope they give him a chance to shine on the main roster.

Alucard

Banned
8 minutes into Zayn/Neville, and the pacing and action have been beautiful. Can't believe how important this match feels, even to someone who rarely follows NXT.

Carnby

My idiot coworker hasnt worked a 40 hour week since the week before Christmas. Literally! In his absence i've excelled to the point of making him the office's non-factor employee.

Alucard

Banned
My idiot coworker hasnt worked a 40 hour week since the week before Christmas. Literally! In his absence i've excelled to the point of making him the office's non-factor employee.

Well done. Here is a nice missile dropkick by Adrian Neville on Sami Zayn.

AdrianNevilleMissileDropKick.gif

Simon Dean shoot part 2 - Super long, VERY informative. Highly underrated. I think it's the best shoot of all time, honestly. Not only does he discuss OVW, DSW, WWE as a performer but also as a backstage/office guy. Talks about Triple H as a office guy, Johnny Ace in a more positive light than you usually hear, problems with OVW and why WWE stoppd working with them, things with ECW, and the shuttering of DSW which is hilarious the way it's told.

Insane Clown Posse You Shoot Don't immediately say 'fuck the ICP' because you will at least love them as wrestling fans at the end of this. This shit is hilarious. It is probably the funniest shoot of all time, and it gives a perspective on what are essentially two marks both appearing in WCW and WWE. Talks about Goldberg wiping his ass with his hand and throwing Evan Karagias, Raven and Vampiro having a Scooby Doo moment with them. Goldust constantly ribbing them and saying weird shit to them.

Timeline: History of WCW 1996 with Kevin Sullivan Great backstage talks. Kevin Sullivan is a really smart guy, and it's curious to see how his mind worked. This goes over the most important year in the history of WCW and has some great stories like how Kevin would have only accepted a fourth NWO member if it was HBK.

Timeline: History of WWF 1995 with Kevin Nash Fucking classic. The birth of 'mother fucker not everything is about you!'

Bam Bam Bigelow shoot(free) Great perspective on ECW in its early years at the time and Bam Bam's history. Bam Bam comes off as super likeable.

Captain Lou Albano(free) If you want to hear about the territories, and more importantly, the WWF before it was THE WWF, you want to watch this. In addition, Lou demonstrats his photographic memory repeatedly, and I was just completely blown away by how much he knows about wrestling.

Raven (RF Shoot. 2003) If you can find it. I don't think RF has the rights anymore, and I couldn't find anywhere to purchase it or even stream it. This is the first shoot I ever bought, and I love it. Raven talks about WCW, WWF, and even critiques some ROH wrestlers about their lack of selling and building up anticipation for a move while working a program for ROH. He meant it in a constructive way, but it's kind of interesting to hear him put it so bluntly in 2003. Clearly that fell on deaf ears. Some fun tales of debauchery in here as well.

Youshoot: Perry Saturn Debauchery: The shoot video. Saturn talks about his disappearance, about WWF(briefly), about WCW and some insane stories about ECW. You'll learn about Steve 'Mongo' McMichaels being a party animal and Paul Heyman fucking rats. And Juventud being fucking nuts.
Thanks for the break down, the Kevin Nash ones seem pretty funny. Haha

Alucard

Banned
Whoa. I think Adrian Neville might have one of the top 5 German suplexes in all of wrestling today. Really nice one in this match against Zayn, and that deadlift on Owens recently also looked gorgeous.

ed_fusion

Banned
I want rockstar to bring back the Man Hunt series....or a remake at least..

James Earl Cash was a bad, bad man..and the epic fight with Pigsy was a true "holy shit!" moment when you first encounter him...

Manhunt_Piggsy_Quotes

Watching NXT Rival now. Itami just falling back here is tremendous.

These guys had a good match to start this show.

Whatever that's called, when wrestlers plant their feet and fall backwards is my favorite sell. Roman's best looking superman punch was on Batista.

Blue Pants's intro... omg

I'll hold out on further judgement until he has some matches, but yeesh, Solomon Crowe's debut did not leave a great impression. His look is straight up bad, and i'm not feeling his music too much either, but it might just be a stock theme for now.

Blake and Murphy are straight up villains in a sex comedy, aren't they? That weird titantron promo finally gave them personalities, and I think this feud could be great, if only because it doesn't look like the Carmella/Enzo story is gonna turn into Cass turning on 'Zo, like it kinda has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom