• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fedex deliver package to wrong address

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
So I order a $250 package from amazon and it gets delivered to the wrong address. It has been about a month since I ordered it and I have spoken to fedex multiple times.

They first told me they would look into it.

Then they didn't call me back and when I called them they told me the sender wrote the wrong address.

I contact the sender and he has visual evidence that he wrote the correct address.

We are both now awaiting an update from fedex and I am thinking worst case scenario, what are my options here?

I'm sure the item that I ordered has been handled by these people and it is something that is currently not available for retail purchase, which is why I spent extra to buy one from a seller.

At this point, I would be happy with my money back.

there's nothing you can do as far as Fedex is concerned. the shipper is their customer and they are the one who has to be on Fedex to resolve things. or give you a refund.

Wag

If it required a signature, they'll have some evidence that you didn't sign for it. Definitely contact Amazon.

Swhalen

I have had the same thing happen to me with Fedex before. I didn't realize until about a week after it was shipped that they had delivered it to the wrong place and took a signature from somebody who's name wasn't even on the package. I phoned Fedex and they said they would attempt to pick the package back up from the home. The person actually kept it un opened and returned it to them, I got it the next day.

terrisus

Call the people whose address it was sent to?

One time years back, Electronics Boutique sent a game (I believe it was Dragon Warrior 1&2) to the wrong address (specifically, it was the same street address, but a different district within my town with its own separate name). The people who got it actually called me, and offered to drive it over to me and drop it off - which was pretty awesome of them.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Every time I try to file a claim through either amazon or FedEx, my only option is that the package was damaged. I am worried that after a certain point I will be passed the deadline for filing a claim and they will just pretend this never happened.

smurfx

get some go again
did you contact amazon?

edit: oh, its another seller through amazon..
amazon still guarantees the delivery if its through a 3rd party seller. i bought a 3ds through one and they charged me and never sent anything and amazon refunded me the money.

I ordered a couple of things from amazon and they were shipped to the wrong address. The person who got it drove to my house to give me the items which was awesome of them. Hopefully you get your stuff or money back.

Every time I try to file a claim through either amazon or FedEx, my only option is that the package was damaged. I am worried that after a certain point I will be passed the deadline for filing a claim and they will just pretend this never happened.
Call Amazon's customer support and explain the situation to them. They'll figure something out for you, more likely than not.

Fedex really shouldn't even be discussing the details of the case with you beyond telling you to contact the shipper. a month going by is not really a good sign. you should ask the shipper for a refund and if they don't respond, contact Amazon directly.

Heysoos

UPS once said they had delivered a package to my door, but I never actually got it. I was even at home all day watching TV in the living room when according to the tracker the delivery was made. I didn't contact UPS though, I went straight to Newegg, they filed the claim themselves and I got my money back right away basically. I got a bunch of calls from UPS, but I never answered them.

Stasis

Lost a package ordered via Society6 that way, USPS though. Neither of them gave any shits so I just ended up giving up and accepting the $50 loss.

Amazon are pretty damn good at resolving this stuff though. I was missing an item from an American Apparel order through Amazon and they resolved it internally, crediting my account for double the value of the item.

Mudkips

Banned

You deal with the seller.
The seller deals with FedEx. If they don't, you contact Amazon and they'll fix your shit. You have a TON of options on Amazon beyond saying the package was damaged.

Nevasleep

I've nearly done that myself twice (not for FedEx, different company). Once I noticed at the door (same address, different town), other time the customer noticed while signing for POD (different road on route, not my fault).

Daria

You should call Amazon CS and explain the situation and then talk to someone with the method you paid (CC, PayPal). If the seller isn't refunding the charge or shipping a replacement, I'd try to file a claim somewhere to expedite the process.

GrizzNKev

Banned
FedEx lost a $350 TV I bought from Amazon. I had them send a second one, which actually made it to me, but it has two dead pixels. This is the biggest pain in the ass purchase I've ever made.

I made a 700 purchase from amazon, and it showed delivered but I never got that. They contacted the delivery company and didn't hear back from them in 24 hours,so they sent me another order of the same items with free next day shipping

I RMA'd an XFX video card through FedEx once. After a month I contacted XFX to see if they got it, but it never arrived. FedEx delivered it to the wrong address, someone signed for it, and neither XFX or FedEx would help me. I eventually gave up, so someone out there got an expensive paper weight.

I've never used FedEx since then.
Or bought XFX for that matter. That was their second card to overheat on me, lol.

At least you're dealing through Amazon, OP!

MIMIC

Banned
Happened to me once; delivered the package to someone else in my apartment complex. Fortunately, I was waiting for the package and saw FedEx drive into the complex. So I just searched all of the apartments until I found it sitting at a doorstep. The delivery guy must have been drunk because the package was clearly marked and the apartment he delivered it to was clearly not the right one.

Do you have any idea where it might have been delivered? If it's at all possible, I'd call FedEx, ask them where they delivered it to, and go from there. But I'm surprised that it has been month with the error going unresolved. If I received a package that wasn't meant for me, I'd probably just take it to the address it was intended for.

mackattk

Contact Amazon, they will refund you the money and debit the seller's account. The seller will have to go through Fedex to get that money back.

I tried to handle a situation like this through UPS and they only made matters worse. I contacted Amazon and they fixed it immediately. Moral of the story: always contact Amazon and let them take care of it.

I ordered a Creative Zen Vision M and UPS dropped it off at (fake address alert) 6500 25th Street - I lived at the time at (fake address alert) 6500 26th Street. The UPS driver headed back to the wrong address, picked it up and dropped it at the correct address within an hour of the initial delivery.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Weird, I had this happen to me the first time in life a week or two ago. Was a $3000 package though and required signature so luckily it wasn't going to be left somewhere, but I checked my tracking one night and it said delivered about 15 mins prior. I went outside, looked around, and saw the UPS slip on one of my neighbors' door. Grabbed the tag, called UPS, and they sent the driver back in about 20 minutes. He apologized and that was that. Pretty sure I've said this in other threads, but I wish in the states the slips had the driver's phone number like they do in Asia. You personally call the driver and let them know when you're home (if you weren't) and they come back if they're still on their route.

Almost anything I order that gets shipped fedex goes to the wrong address. If given the option I NEVER use fedex. This is in New Jersey maybe their better in other states, in NJ though they're terrible. About 10 years back I ordered a barebones PC and the place I ordered it from only let you ship fedex. I take the day off from work so I can be home to sign for it when it arrives. Keep checking online, waiting, and waiting, and all of a sudden at like 5 30 it shows it was delivered, and signed for. The name that signed for it was nothing like mine. I call up fedex right away, they get on with the driver and come back to tell me "Well the driver screwed up, but his shift is ending today, so he'll go back tomorrow or maybe the day after to get it." To which I reply that's not an option he needs to get it today. Wait while the operator talks to the driver again, and he comes back "The driver is REALLY tired, can't you just wait a few more days." To which I had to explain that the package cost me 1200 bucks and I took the day off from work, and got a "but the dude is REALLY tired." I had to keep saying I want a supervisor multiple times before I got a "FINE, FINE we'll be jerks and send the driver back."

Dude was pissed when he showed up to my place 30 - 40 minutes later, but fuck you do your job right. The person who received it could have opened it, gone awesome free computer, and then I'd be fucked. No telling they'd admit to having it, or anything of that sort.

Coins

Banned

I don't leave packages outside the house anymore. If you aren't home, I leave a slip. I had this exact thing happen to me. Someone followed me on my route and stole like 13 packages. After the first couple calls came in my boss was all up in my ass but after more calls came in from pissed off customers the cops were notified. They actually found the empty packages in the local cemetery.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
amazon still guarantees the delivery if its through a 3rd party seller. i bought a 3ds through one and they charged me and never sent anything and amazon refunded me the money.
Yeah, I had a package that was a little late and the tracking update had still shown the package sitting in the same state for days. I ordered through a 3rd party seller that was not fulfilled by Amazon. Anyhow, Amazon tried to help me as much as possible and the CS even told me even if it's a third party with no fulfillment through them, it makes them (Amazon) look bad. Long story short, they sent a couple e-mails for me and was willing to refund the shipping cost in Amazon promotion credits but we didn't have to go through that in the end.

sangreal

Why are you dealing with fedex? This is the sellers problem. You paid the seller to receive an item. Getting the item to you is their job, and they contracted that out to fedex. Fedex in turn has several options that the seller chose not to pay for (signature, adult signature, signature + ID etc).

You can always Amazon a-z guarantee it

Sorian

Banned
FedEx and UPS are both complete shit these days. I had to go out of town for a family emergency and I knew I had a package being delivered the next day after I left. I live in one of those apartment complexes with a front office that can accept packages for you. I called UPS, got through to the center that had my package and told them that they could either hold on to the package until I got back or deliver it to the front office instead of leaving it, unattended, in front of my door for who knows how long. I also doubled up and left a note on my door requesting that all packages be delivered to the front office as well. Lo and behold, I come home to find that my package was returned to sender after three "attempts" at delivering with no answer. I'm sure these assholes would have been fine dropping the package outside of my apartment and letting it sit for the 4 days I was gone but the second I ask them to actually do their job correctly? Oh nope, package undeliverable. They already suck at it *knock on the door as lightly as possible, drop the box, and marathon sprint back to my truck*

Sorian

Banned
at that price you should not expect perfect quality.

He shouldn't expect a 100% working product when he orders something?

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom