• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part One - Final Trailer

Psykodad

Banned
tenor.gif

stickkidsam

Okay... this is DIFFERENT... suuuuuper different! Like fuck me this is insanely changing course on some shit.

It feels like Evangelion 2.0 again and I don't know how to FEEEEEEL!!!

giphy.gif

I mean god dammit who am I kidding I am fucking READY!

LET'S MOSEY!!!

Kev Kev

Fuck yes! One mo’ week baby less’ goooooo

Also, I am super excited for all the extra stuff they added in. It feels like they stuck to the original closely but explored every character and created new ones where possible. Also the playground and the slums at the beginning of the trailer could not have looked more perfect.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Final Fantasy 7 and Resident Evil 3 in the same month, what a time to be a gamer

Sakura Wars comes out this month too

Kev Kev

House enemy is in it? Oh yeah!

yeah it looked like it may have been a boss fight too, but i dunno i didnt get a good look at it. but it appeared like it was in some kind of arena looking area which is what the other boss fights have looked like. dont quote me on it though, just a guess

English voice acting is bad.

I await the nostalgia to fade. I give it a month before people start shitting on it.

the voice acting is excellent, fits the tone of the original perfectly. but youre right, as with everything, people will find all kind of reasons (even if they're wrong *cough*) to take a big sloppy shit all over it, but ya know what...

fuck them :messenger_grinning: (y)

manzo

Just picked up my copy. Finnish retailer Gigantti had copies on shelves. No need to watch trailers, time to play once kids are asleep!

sublimit

Banned
What do you guys think about the last scene and the character (his boots and sword) shown in this trailer?

Does it make you excited,curious or cautious?

mortal

Gold Member
Amazing visuals as per usual, but that that voice acting is rough.

There's something jarring about Japanese mannerisms mixed with English voice acting.

SegaShack

Played the demo yesterday and love the voice
acting, it is completely in tone with how I always imagined the characters sounding. Graphics were mindblowing (standard PS4).

My only complaint is the battle system was confusing to me. I tried both normal and classic and didnt see a difference.

JSoup

Banned
How much more do they want to spoiler their own game before release? Why are there so many spoilers before a game comes out recently.

You gotta realize, it doesn't matter.
This isn't some secret project, it's a remake of the Michael Jackson of games. People who have never played the game know intimate details of the story and have opinions on it. Kids who were only born in the last decade pontificate on the internet about how the game was good for this and bad for that. It's one of the few games where you can say, with no hyperbole, that goddamn everyone knows what it is.

And SE knows this. They spoil it because pure, carbonated, fat-free, grassfed nostalgia is what's selling it.

JSoup

Banned
I bought that PSN rerelease of FF7 a handful of years ago just for that XMB theme. This seems like a good time to actually play it.

Top Bottom