• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part One - Final Trailer

stickkidsam

All my hype aside, I've said it before and I'll say it again, why the FUCK do Square keep making stupidly long trailers that use some terribly out of place pop song cut with random lines???

Just use the soundtrack ya dang ol' dips!

Edit for clarity:

I'm talking about the Instrumental soundtrack. If they want to have some vocals then mix the trailer better so it doesn't sound so awkward or just save that shit for the credits. Adding lyrics to a theme can be so rad but Square just always makes it sound so forced that it takes away from what is happening on screen.

Last edited:

Fret Runner

Well, it's been a fun ride with you guys waiting for this to finally release.
I'll be staying out of FF7 threads till I complete it an what not now.
Hope you all have fun an enjoy it like I sure as balls will be.
Peace out.
e5d.gif

All my hype aside, I've said it before and I'll say it again, why the FUCK do Square keep making stupidly long trailers that use some terribly out of place pop song cut with random lines???

Just use the soundtrack ya dang ol' dips!
They are using the soundtrack. That's the theme song.

It'd be wild if they remade the events of FF: Crisis Core as a DLC for this one, since they take place in the same world and same timeline.

stickkidsam

You didn't like it, we get it. The remake songs are being composed by Nobuo Uematsu, the same musician who did the original FF7 score.
I don't think you'll get it until I spam this thread with disappointment and woe. Then you still won't get it because nobody understands my paaaiiiin!!

Just my opinion dude. Feel free to ignore it. Uematsu is a great composer but I think this being the new theme is a mistake.

Faithless83

Banned
I don't think you'll get it until I spam this thread with disappointment and woe. Then you still won't get it because nobody understands my paaaiiiin!!

Just my opinion dude. Feel free to ignore it. Uematsu is a great composer but I think this being the new theme is a mistake.
I truly believe that there is more to it, based on the making of for the theme. Besides, it's the first part. There is still hope.

Manji Uzuki

I think we will be surprised about the game not actually following the same story. I mean, not only changing some details, but actually making the story going on another direction... Like what happened with the new Evangelion movies.

Can't wait to play it!

sublimit

Banned
Ok i just pre-ordered the digital version. This is the first time i have spend so much money on a digital game since i always prefer physical over digital especially for big game releases.

I kinda feel dirty now. :/

Mojo1990

Apart from the gameplay sequences, that trailer was horrible. The voice acting was atrocious. Could have easily cut 2 minutes.

Could you give us an example of Voice acting you approve of? Because I for one think the VA was decent.

stickkidsam

....this trailer does exactly that, calm down.
You're in a thread for a launch trailer regarding one of the most anticipated games of all time telling someone to calm down. Take a hyper.

I should've been more specific though. I'm referring to the original soundtrack. Purely instrumental pieces that fit the game. Not these out of place melodramatic moaning vocal tracks that have been so weirdly prominent for Square's marketing. Look at the Cloud trailer.

Start to finish, proper background themes that you will hear in the game which don't clash with the action or voices in the trailer.

Square is perfectly capable of this so it baffles me as to why they keep using these badly mixed convoluted clip compilations. If you cut the trailer in half it would have just as much impact.

JSoup

Banned
You're in a thread for a launch trailer regarding one of the most anticipated games of all time telling someone to calm down. Take a hyper.

Fair point. While I'm not as on the edge of my seat about this as most folks, I'm sure I'll still enjoy it. Thus, my hyper won't be particularly powerful, but I'll give it an honest attempt:

hyper-gif-5.gif

Acceptable level of hyper?

MrJTeera

Excited for the game, but...

Who edits these trailers? Someone with ADHD? The last one had the same problem as well. Every cut are barrages of people talking and yelling. No punctuation or a moment to breath.

It’s the same with the Kingdom Hearts trailer as well. The only trailers with proper pacing from them are the reveal and the first gameplay trailer.

RPGCrazied

Not watching. And I don't want to go into the spoiler thread. I know many people in Europe have had the game a few days now. I'm just wondering how long it is and the side content.

RPGCrazied

Eeek, that is kinda short was hoping for at least 40 hour main story. Ah well. Here is waiting another 10 years for part two. lol

Javthusiast

Banned
Never played the original. Obviously know all the chracters and many spoilery story beats simply by existing. Will wait till it's cheaper, cause thankfully no nostalgia to push me to buy at full price. xD

InertKiwi

Looks amazing though I'm still gonna wait for all the parts to come out and buy their FF7 remake complete edition halabaloo

This trailer made me feel a lot of different things. Goosebumps, nostalgia, happiness. I just can't describe how I feel. It's a mix of good sensations. I am a fan of the original game, that alone explains a lot, but oh man, this remake is like a freaking dream.

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
Well, it's been a fun ride with you guys waiting for this to finally release.
I'll be staying out of FF7 threads till I complete it an what not now.
Hope you all have fun an enjoy it like I sure as balls will be.
Peace out.
e5d.gif
See you in about 8 hours lol

How much more do they want to spoiler their own game before release? Why are there so many spoilers before a game comes out recently.
SQEX always does that. Did that with Type-0, XIII and XV infamously.

Avoid FF trailers if you don't want spoilers. They put in everything in their trailers to get sales.

decisions

This feels somewhat amateur compared to the FFXIII final trailer. It's strangely cut and doesn't really build towards anything.

Last edited:
As is usual, the JP voice work is better than the EN voice work. Fortunately, the game is dual-audio so people who are used to reading subtitles will do just fine listening to the JP dub.

Interestingly, the JP and EN trailers show slightly different scenes in a few places. I don't really know why they would do this.

They do appear to have put an enormous amount of effort into this. It's clear that this is what they going to be working on the next few years instead of FFXVI which probably isn't such a bad thing.

Doom85

Did I imagine Sephiroth stabbing Barret?

To quote Bart Simpson: "It's an illusion!" At least that's my theory. Notice the strange way Sephiroth seems to warp in? I feel like either it's a nightmare Cloud is having, or maybe Sephiroth has some new ability that lets him make people see things that aren't really there. I mean, in the original game, he loved fucking with Cloud's head so it would fit the character.

saintjules

Eeek, that is kinda short was hoping for at least 40 hour main story. Ah well. Here is waiting another 10 years for part two. lol

The hours of playthrough have varied between People. No doubt, there's a lot of People rushing through this. For what reason, I don't know.

Top Bottom