• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFCC: The Crystal Bearers Website (Releasing NA 26.12.09)

tim1138

Amir0x said:
When i really think about it though, if it was just normal videos I probably wouldn't be so interested in seeing the next videos immediately.

Now i am really curious to see where this is going. Maybe they hooked me :lol

I agree, if it was normal gameplay vid's I probably would have forgotten about it by now. But with these bizarre scenarios, I can't wait to see what messed up thing is unlocked next. :lol

tim1138 said:
The updates just keep coming later and later each day
That's because it will only count the clicks of new people who visit the site:
Thank you for your interest in our games, guys!

Unfortunately, this is not the right way to unlock the site content.

Visiting this address will only tell our detection system you have visited this address!

In order to know more about FINAL FANTASY© CRYSTAL CHRONICLES©: The Crystal Bearers™, please bring NEW visitors to the crystal homepage.
Tell your friends!

Thank you,

The SQUARE ENIX Team
So it's basically going to keep getting slower and slower.

tim1138

GoldandBlue said:
That's because it will only count the clicks of new people who visit the site:

So it's basically going to keep getting slower and slower.

Yeah I saw that earlier in the thread. Thats why I was commenting on about how much later the updates are coming.
They should have gone with the Dojo model and just update it at a set time each day.

tim1138 said:
Yeah I saw that earlier in the thread. Thats why I was commenting on about how much later the updates are coming.
They should have gone with the Dojo model and just update it at a set time each day.
Yeah that's what I was saying earlier. They have the FFCCNews blog, why not use that for updates instead of doing it this ridiculous way?

tim1138

GoldandBlue said:
Yeah that's what I was saying earlier. They have the FFCCNews blog, why not use that for updates instead of doing it this ridiculous way?

Yeah that'd make much more sense. I don't even mind the ridiculousness of the updates, but it'd be better if it had some structure.

John Harker said:
So basically, assuming 1 a day, that's 12 days worth of content to unlock in total. Looks like we'll get a blowout in 2 weeks then? Likely launch date as well, I'd imagine
It's gonna be longer then that. Since you need new people to visit to unlock the content, the crystal has been taking longer and longer to fill. The first update took until the morning to unlock, the second update took until noon, the third took until about 7PM EST, and this one is taking up until 10PM EST.

Eteric Rice

GoldandBlue said:
It's gonna be longer then that. Since you need new people to visit to unlock the content, the crystal has been taking longer and longer to fill. The first update took until the morning to unlock, the second update took until noon, the third took until about 7PM EST, and this one is taking up until 10PM EST.

We're gonna need moar people.

Amir0x

Banned
now we have a wolf skeleton head love-in, featuring a skeleton brawl and head screwing

i really am hooked to this shit :lol

No im sure about it, this is a square enix prank
2lxfg2p.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
Let's totally speculate.

I think wolfs want to eat bones, so they go after skeletons... only for the skeletons to awaken and then they become the skeleton pets because awwww wolfs are so cute

Ydahs

I can totally see SE releasing a "new" trailer which is just basically a compilation of all these short videos. Maybe it'll make more sense then...

Fantastical

Death Prophet
So basically this game has turned into Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Sim Animals? Now with more humping action!

Ydahs said:
I can totally see SE releasing a "new" trailer which is just basically a compilation of all these short videos. Maybe it'll make more sense then...
The rock humping video will never make sense no matter what context you put it in.

I actually like this one. At least it makes some sense on its own. Although I will say that the emoticons floating over everything's head in every clip is a bit strange.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So basically this video and the one with the bomb have been showing monster behavior. Some monsters like going after others for some reason (like the wolves like the skeletons because dogs like bones or something) and they interact with or without player involvement. The player can obviously use these likes and dislikes to their advantage.

But enough about all that, show me some more gravity shenanigans.

batbeg

Kind of reminded me of the desert in the original FFCC, though I don't think it had skeletons. Man, what I'd give for a real sequel...

Eagerly anticipate the next video!

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
:lol :lol :lol

I can't help but laugh at these crazy videos.

Instead of the traditional game videos trying to be so professional and clean, we get clips that make us go WHAT DA FRIGGIN' HELL WAS DAT!?!?

And I love it! :D

Edit:

Next is Don't Touch That Dial

and then Delusions of Grandeur

justchris

Dude, did you see the way that skeleton punted that wolf? I think the lesson here is, if you see a skeleton lying on the ground, headless, don't wake it up.

GoldandBlue said:
I bet it's going to show NPCs crowding around a phone booth or something.

Or Layle finding the switch to the thermonuclear device that is at the center of the city which every worships!

Dascu

The monster behaviour systems look interesting. I wonder if they'll have a solid impact on the gameplay itself.

v1cious said:
what is with the graphics? this is below even Wii quality.
They're reasonable. Can't say I'm wowed by them, but I'd say it's definitely a step up from most other Wii games.

Kenka

v1cious said:
what is with the graphics? this is below even Wii quality.

I think the same. But it is the quality of the video that misleads you. S-E marketing is crap, no doubt.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
They might have turned off the delay between updates, the crystal is already 1/3 of the way full again... :eek:

Either that or maybe the fact it's the weekend. :)

CTLance

Oh god. I feel filthy for having contributed a few clicks to unlocking videos of skeleton-wolf S&M sessions.

Seriously though, what bugs me the most about all of this are the stupid repetitive samples. The thrashing of the rock lover, the scuttling of the wolf slaves... give me a BGM to drown them out, for crissake!

Top Bottom