• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXII:ZJS HD Remake [imagine if someone made an OT thread titled "Cure for Cancer"]

Ray Down

Banned
Sorry guys.

Still love you all.

I just figured, well we know SOME kind of announcement will come sometime soon, and I didn't want to post in that "its still a beautiful PS2 game" thread mainly because in was asking a question.

Srsly, i love you guys.
No harm intended.

AQ2ys.gif

Bullshit you're sorry.
I really hope they do it the way the did it with FFX and release it on Vita, as well as PS3 and PS4. I wouldn't mind if they dropped a PS3 version, but it wouldn't particularly bother me.

Did people really expect this thread to be an out of nowhere confirmation? It'd be one thing if it said "FFXII:ZJS HD Remake confirmed" but the title it had did not lead me to believe that it was a confirmation.
I love you both as if you were my own children.

Ps4/psvita preferred. I would be on this faster than I would an open bag of Swedish fish...

Seriously, I would go nuts for this remake if/when it happens. I'm reasonably confident we will see a remake, what console (or pair of consoles), no clue.

Trike

If you were just trolling you should at least own up to it. Even if you weren't, just say that you were. No one should admit to having that little common sense.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I hope your platform of choice gets bricked, your favorite series gets shelved, and I hope you're forced to listen to Pewdie Pie yell for the rest of your life.

If and when FFXII: IZJS HD happens, I'd really like for it to get a much better New Game Plus. The strong game/weak game stuff was kinda garbage; the game should reset your levels and licenses but let you keep all of your equipment and abilities (seriously, people who got the Danjuro should get to keep that shit forever).

I'd also be into letting you re-equip jobs, FF3 style, and having each job gain LP/have its licenses unlocked independent of the characters. I understand that to some people forcing the player to commit to a choice and deal with the consequences (FF1 style) is part of the appeal, but since there are some party setups that are objectively better than others, I'm not a huge fan of that approach since it just leads people into FAQing.

Takao

Banned
Being a "legacy" platform should really hold no bearing on a project like this. A Vita version would likely do more than enough business in Asia to warrant its development. Heck, it would probably outsell the PS4 version in Japan. Any western sales would just be a bonus.

To be completely honest, Vita might as well have been a "legacy" platform in the west when FF X|X-2 HD Remaster launched, and that still sold really well everywhere.

So yeah, PS4/Vita from the start. If SE wants to include PS3 too, go ahead.

ChouGoku

What was the original title?
Edit:Nvm I'm guessing its the title without the cure for cancer stuff.

LMAO I appreciate good trolling. 👍

Being a "legacy" platform should really hold no bearing on a project like this. A Vita version would likely do more than enough business in Asia to warrant its development. Heck, it would probably outsell the PS4 version in Japan. Any western sales would just be a bonus.

To be completely honest, Vita might as well have been a "legacy" platform in the west when FF X|X-2 HD Remaster launched, and that still sold really well everywhere.

So yeah, PS4/Vita from the start. If SE wants to include PS3 too, go ahead.

I can't think of a good reason why FFXII wouldn't be doable on iOS except for app size restrictions, too.

Ploid 3.0

Well this may give SE a good idea on how to troll us next.

FFXII ZJS for phones. I mean they got FFXI on phones, nothing is safe.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
the fuck dude

I hate you.

This. Title could've been better worded.

Given cross-gen is dying quickly, it's very unlikely a PS3 release would happen. Depending on the success of X/X-2 on the PSP2, maybe the PSP2 could get a version.

But the PS4 (and X-box/PC) would most likely be the likely options.

Vbrasa

And that is how you make a lot of people very excited and very angry in just seconds.

You shouldn't have done that.

I have zero desire for this game, and really don't care for it at all, but damn dude this is the message-board thread equivalent of that SE "FINALLY FFVII is back for PS4!" reveal.

Maaaaan, Hashimoto is getting gud.

He knows we expect him at E3, so he comes a little before that in his fake GAF account to troll us personally.

Not this time Hashimoto...

Not this time.

Top Bottom