• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXVI will have a Day 1 patch. CBU3 addresses concerns in a recent broadcast.

Thief1987

Because console players used to eat the crap ports and games they did in the past. 3 Years ago this kind of performance mode was common in PS4 Pro/XBX, and people was happy getting a performance mode even if sucked. Now the most games have 60fps stable modes. They simply are reacting to something they though was not a problem.

His same team who made FF XIV, released a terrible port in PS5, where the PS4 Pro version with identical graphics was locked at 1440p/60fps in PS5 backwards, the port to PS4 was dropping at 30-40fps in some areas in 1080p mode with identical graphics. But was not a problem because people continued to playing the PS4 version in PS5 until they fixed 1.5 years after.
I didn't ask for a stupid platform warring, but ok, one more on ignore list

You need some screen motion blur with 30fps but to what degree is debatable. Slider would be nice to have.
Agreed, it has to either have a slider or be very light, or else you end up with something that causes motion sickness like Final Fantasy Type-0 when it first released on PS4.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
They're apologizing beforehand for something that's now practice in the industry.

And what's amazing in this is that they're patching things that they learned feedback from the demo.

They got my respect for doing this.

100% respect. They are approaching this with full honor.

X-Wing

What does the special edition give you extra?
A cloth map and a steel box.

iu

xrnzaaas

They're apologizing beforehand for something that's now practice in the industry.

And what's amazing in this is that they're patching things that they learned feedback from the demo.

They got my respect for doing this.
Yeah in the same time 70-80% of big games have xxGB day1 updates and they're still more or less broken on release. It's sad that most players only care about playing the game even if its state is horrible and shouldn't be accepted.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Gotta love that ffxiv attitude being brought forward.

Listening to fans and making decent changes and being able to adapt at a reasonable rate.

Varteras

Gold Member
Anyone knows how big are those studios? Kinda crazy this & Rebirth are coming months apart lol

No idea, but I always had the impression that at least three of the four business units were the equivalent of big studios. Don't quote me on these numbers, but SE had over 5,500 people last year, it seems. That was before they sold off Crystal Dynamics and Eidos. I remember hearing that they shaved off around 1,000 people in that sale. If true, that would put them around 4,500 or so. They also folded Luminous Productions and supposedly moved most of the staff back into SE proper. Outside of Tokyo RPG Factory, which is pretty much just a handful of people, they don't have any other development subsidiaries. They do have various other parts of the company. Like SE Image, SE AI and Arts, Gangan Comics, and Taito. But I'm guessing those are a small portion of the overall staff.

Business Unit 1 handles Kingdom Hearts, FF7 remakes, and multiple other Final Fantasy games. Unit 2 handles Dragon Quest, Bravely, and Octopath. Among others. Unit 3 is the FF14 team who is now also putting out FF16. Unit 4 is basically all the more obscure projects for SE. It would not surprise me if Unit 3 was well over 1,000 people. Considering what it takes to run an MMORPG like FF14 and give it substantial content updates PLUS make a big game like FF16. Unit 1 is probably not far behind either. But I'm just guessing.

Neolombax

Seems like they put in a lot of passion into this game, and they're putting in everything that they have for it. Much much respect. Can't preorder right now due to financial constraints, maybe not even day 1, but I'm still excited nonetheless for the launch. The demo had me really wanting for more, especially in the story department. Really hope this revitalizes the excitement for Final Fantasy as a franchise.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
either make the fight unwinnable
That kind of worst because you might end up using items thinking you could win the fight but later find out its actually unwinnable.
just make it a cutscene where the player loses.
They basically they do this after the boss fight.

Also more importantly in that Phoenix battle you survived the fight but you didn't kill Ifrit so I'm not sure whats the issue here.

Last edited:

Ronin_7

Banned
No idea, but I always had the impression that at least three of the four business units were the equivalent of big studios. Don't quote me on these numbers, but SE had over 5,500 people last year, it seems. That was before they sold off Crystal Dynamics and Eidos. I remember hearing that they shaved off around 1,000 people in that sale. If true, that would put them around 4,500 or so. They also folded Luminous Productions and supposedly moved most of the staff back into SE proper. Outside of Tokyo RPG Factory, which is pretty much just a handful of people, they don't have any other development subsidiaries. They do have various other parts of the company. Like SE Image, SE AI and Arts, Gangan Comics, and Taito. But I'm guessing those are a small portion of the overall staff.

Business Unit 1 handles Kingdom Hearts, FF7 remakes, and multiple other Final Fantasy games. Unit 2 handles Dragon Quest, Bravely, and Octopath. Among others. Unit 3 is the FF14 team who is now also putting out FF16. Unit 4 is basically all the more obscure projects for SE. It would not surprise me if Unit 3 was well over 1,000 people. Considering what it takes to run an MMORPG like FF14 and give it substantial content updates PLUS make a big game like FF16. Unit 1 is probably not far behind either. But I'm just guessing.
So each of the 4 units is absolutely massive in scope.

Then they've a few other divisions probably doing R&D & Tools stuff etc for the whole company.

Varteras

Gold Member
So each of the 4 units is absolutely massive in scope.

Then they've a few other divisions probably doing R&D & Tools stuff etc for the whole company.

Yeah, if I had to guess, I'd say Unit 1 and Unit 3 are probably enormous by most studio standards. Unit 2 is probably a fairly good size as well. Especially as I heard that when Luminous was closed, most of the staff were moved into that unit. Probably to help work on DragonQuest 12. Unit 4 is likely much smaller in scope.

Ferdimage

I really hope the option to remove motion blur is in the day 1 patch,
my eye strain after the Eikon challenge was no joke, the effects alone were already too much then chuck the motion blur on top :messenger_loudly_crying:

Top Bottom