• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 Ultimate Team Legends exclusive to Xbox, EA confirms

Xater

More guys I'll never get. Who cares........Played Ultimate team for first time last year got pretty hooked. Don't think I'll do that again. That was my single player mode when the club wasn't around will focus more on pro club drop in matches I think.

I played it for the first time last year as well. It's a very fun mode but I only played against the A.I. and never spent any money on it. I never would spent any money on it when it's perfectly fine to play the way it is and I can't take these players to the next game.

FUT is insanely popular and have the legends only on Xbox is a reasonably good piece of business Ms. They are trying to be the go to place for fifa now and it is the biggest sports game. It's trickle effect which they are looking to turn into a flood

Shahed

If you are a football fan then its a pretty good feature that would make you purchase the Xbox version.
Not really. I've followed and played football regularly ever since I was a kid, and still play even when most people my age have dropped off from it. I've also played either Fifa and/or Pro Evo consisntently at the same time.

This doesn't even remotely factor in my decision on which version of FIFA to get. If I was goingt to choose the Xbox version, it'd be because I was already going to pick it anyway. Not because of some more than likely useless add on

GHG

Gold Member
FUT is insanely popular and have the legends only on Xbox is a reasonably good piece of business Ms. They are trying to be the go to place for fifa now and it is the biggest sports game. It's trickle effect which they are looking to turn into a flood

Xbox One |OT2| Trickle effect turing into a flood

Kikujiro

If you are a football fan then its a pretty good feature that would make you purchase the Xbox version.

Hopefully they expand the roster of classic players a bit this time around.

It's really not, as you can see by the sales charts (and UK is the best EU country for the XBone, in Germany PS4 Fifa is 5th and the XBone version is out of the Top40). It's basically a worthless microtransaction exclusive, MS got burned by EA here.

And judging by the new charts I'm 100% sure that WiiU is doing better. MS did everything wrong with Europe, what marketshare they gained thanks to the 360 is now gone.

Ray665

I played it for the first time last year as well. It's a very fun mode but I only played against the A.I. and never spent any money on it. I never would spent any money on it when it's perfectly fine to play the way it is and I can't take these players to the next game.

Got addicted to playing people online its fun to see the squad they made right before match and beating a guy with million+ coin teams. The game-play is what drove me crazy. Pro Club drop ins are better for me because then I never really wanna throw controller. Spent maybe 20 bucks on it.

Shahed

Oh I don't fault them for trying. It's what they should do. I just think it's a futile effort because Microsoft has never been the strongest in Europe as a whole bar the UK, and this current generation shows nothing but a decline in market share in the region compared to last. And that's despite having Fifa as a pack in for Day One consoles. Unless you conquer Europe, you'll never be the go to place for football

GladiatoR

Banned
It's not a major feature by any means, but as a big Ultimate Team player on PS4, I would have liked this. But nah, MS gotta make it rain all over EA's face.

This practice needs to stop. From both companies. Exclusive 'DLC' that just serves as a fucking annoyance, because nobody is going to go out and buy a system purely for this kind of DLC.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Meh don't give a shit. I've played thousands of hours in FUT and spent god knows how many coins and never got a Legend.

The ones which are available from the transfer market are a ridiculous price going for millions. Pele is like 15 million which works out to about £1000.

Ray665

It's not a major feature by any means, but as a big Ultimate Team player on PS4, I would have liked this. But nah, MS gotta make it rain all over EA's face.

This practice needs to stop. From both companies. Exclusive 'DLC' that just serves as a fucking annoyance, because nobody is going to go out and buy a system purely for this kind of DLC.

BOOM!!! Exactly, so you figure this is more aimed at people that have both. For when I had both consoles last generation (only PS4 now) active friends playing determined what game I got it for not DLC.

I guess EA learned nothing from the Titanfall saga

lol people still think EA didn't make bank off Titanfall and now regret it? Love how neogaf makes up their own theories and passes it off as fact.

EA is rolling in the profit from all of these risk free ventures. I'm sure they are truly devastated.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Are those ultimate cards the ones with extra stats? Was ridiculous that messi was nearly perfect

No those are team of the season/week/year/motm cards depending on how a player plays in real life and if they deserve an upgraded card. They are also doing it these next few weeks for how players do in the World Cup. These are on all consoles.

Legends are old school players like Pele, Ruud Gullit or Dennis Bergkamp. They only have the one card but are proper rare with great stats so they cost a fuck load. These are exclusive to Xbox.

Now if it was the game mode UT that was an exclusive and bundled with an XBOX ONE and a dozen free packs now that would sell a fair few console in Europe for sure.

thenameDS

Meh don't give a shit. I've played thousands of hours in FUT and spent god knows how many coins and never got a Legend.

The ones which are available from the transfer market are a ridiculous price going for millions. Pele is like 15 million which works out to about £1000.

That is why you never buy fifa points, you always get more for your money if you buy coins directly from sellers online.

For example current prices for 1 million coins is £20.

~~Hasan~~

It is an exclusive that makes it possible to get a Legend card on the FUT packs. Considering it's very rare to get a FUT legend, only a small percentage of X360/X1 owners actually get the exclusive content.

Basically Xbox has the exclusivity to very very rare loot drops than you can get by spending money or FUT coins. That's why nobody cared after they realize what the exclusive actually meant besides some games media members in the US that keep believing it's a huge deal.

i didn't know that. ty for the info

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
That is why you never buy fifa points, you always get more for your money if you buy coins directly from sellers online.

For example current prices for 1 million coins is £20.

I do. Where sells 1 million for £20 though? Never seen it that cheap.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
40 is the cheapest I've found, still not bad.

Ed - oh wait 26.42

Seems they've price dropped a lot then. Probably more sites selling coins so other sites have dropped prices to stay competitive.

When I worked it out back in February it was roughly £950 for 15 million coins. If it's £26 now its roughly £400.

N.Domixis

Banned
Lol nice try ms, but won't matter it will still better than everything else on playstation. You won't be switching Europeans that easily. Based on last year and how xbox is dead in Europe, this exclusive content did shit for the console.

hengyu

Just more reasons for PC gamers to hate EA and Xbox.

We will never forget that we got the shit version of FIFA 14 because "PCs are not powerful enough". Fuck you EA.

This is nothing basically. Non-news.

Getting a legend in Ultimate Team is like playing lottery. Lot's of lottery. Season long lottery. Good luck to all poor souls trying to get a legend in UT, yet alone playing this broken mode in a overall broken shit game.

Basically, this is better for PS4 owners. You won't spend money on Fifa coins, gold packs and fifa packs and all that shit, and get ripped of for getting the worst players and some decent every few packs.

Fifa 15 will be another lame cash grab, typical EA clusterfuck of a game.

Top Bottom