• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 18 |OT| It's in the Switch

heringer

How do I determine the value of a player? How do I know if it's worth buying for X so I can sell it for 2X or something? I'm really struggling to make money on FUT and I suck at SBC.

Loris146

How do I determine the value of a player? How do I know if it's worth buying for X so I can sell it for 2X or something? I'm really struggling to make money on FUT and I suck at SBC.

Since Fifa 17 is harder due to SBCs. You can use site like futbin to check if the price are up or down since yesterday or day 1 etc...

Metfanant

Career mode question...once taking over a national side, what happened to being able to change kit numbers?

When you go into the squad hub, you just have access to your club team players...

Am I just completely blind or can you not select a particular team in the women's international tournament. I can add teams to a tournament but for the life of me I can't figure out how to choose the team your want to play as.

(Switch version by the way)

Edit: never mind I figured it out. I'm an idiot ha

Dartastic

Maaaaaaan. That was super cool. (Story Spoiler)

Getting to play as Alex's half sister was cool as hell. I couldn't meet the targets required though. That game was hard.

Trying to get Offside Trap tactics working is frustrating. I put Pressure on 80% and Agression on 70% and my teammate AI keep playing the opposition onside as if they are ignoring the tactic!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I just cba anymore

22449228_688210561375365_1474334484_o.jpg

First defeat in 10 games, you can just tell when the AI is meant to win. The 3rd goal came through a pass bouncing off the referee and managing to somehow put an onside player through on goal.

Lashley

How in the fuck. I got nothing but garbage from the Gold Upgrade packs.

I got a Son card last night but I don't think I got it on that pack

its all luck

but its worth doing if your team is already sorted imo, buy players for 400 max, so the pack costs about 4.4k, if you get a good pull its worth it

its all luck

but its worth doing if your team is already sorted imo, buy players for 400 max, so the pack costs about 4.4k, if you get a good pull its worth it

He's been incredibly lucky though.

I've got decent luck and packed Gabriel Jesus, Fernandinho, Subasic, and a lot of 83/84 useless players that will come in handy when bigger SBCs hit.

And by the way: Vagner Love IF is a monster.

Lashley

He's been incredibly lucky though.

I've got decent luck and packed Gabriel Jesus, Fernandinho, Subasic, and a lot of 83/84 useless players that will come in handy when bigger SBCs hit.

And by the way: Vagner Love IF is a monster.

Well, yeah. Obviously.

Still worth doing, as you say the useless ones come in handy for future sbcs

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i feel like all my games are ending in draws or just winning/losing by a single goal. luckily i went with with a lower end team so no pressure to win the league or anything. in fact i'm doing well by sitting 4th atm

DagsJT

Squad battles are such a joke. CPU always goes from Professional to Legendary difficulty in the last 20 mins and always seems to score late. In the last 3 matches, they've scored in injury time and the 89th minute. Difficulty just seems broken.

K1LLER7

Played till Gold 2 in FUT Champs - started well, 10-3, then it all collapsed :(

Got to Elite 1 on Squad battles, pulled a meh in-form, kept for future SBCs so either will use or sell at that time.

Got Goretzka (82 iirc) in a pack, sold for 30k+.

Current team: 4231

------------ Martial --------

Delafeou - Son - Sterling

----- Gueye - Bakayako ----

Kolasinac - Smalling - Bailly - Darmian

----------- Begovic ------------

Will pick up another RB when weekly rewards come in and maybe a CB for Smalling. Card isn't as good as last years.

Or buy Gabriel Jesus.

Would recommend buying Son, Gueye and Martial.

heringer

no, untradeables if you mean the sbc

In that case, isn't it a better option to buy a gold pack for 7.500? It costs roughly 2.500 coins more, but you can get up to 3 rares and, if you hit the jackpot and get a great player, you can make a lot of money by selling it.

Lashley

In that case, isn't it a better option to buy a gold pack for 7.500? It costs roughly 2.500 coins more, but you can get up to 3 rares and, if you hit the jackpot and get a great player, you can make a lot of money by selling it.

I generally get better pack luck from the sbc rewards

heringer

Well, after my 4th upgraded pack I at least got Benzema.

I have quite a few useless players now, though, since you can't sell them. Do you guys just reuse what you don't want in the SBC?

Lashley

Needed Gameiro to finish off my hybrid team but couldn’t afford him yet after splashing on Lacazette.

Just got him in a 2 player pack from the sbc 🙏🏻

Carbonox

Ran out of 1k coin bonuses from the store. The dream is dead.

In other news, do not sleep on Michail Antonio if you're putting together a Prem team and you're struggling with strikers. He's by far the best affordable striker. An absolute tank with pace and a lethal shot. A good chemistry style and you're laughing. He's been doing the dirty for me consistently.

Also quite a fan of Lanzini too.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Well if they gave the other versions a 7, then I could agree with the Switch version being a 5.
I'd remove 2 points for lack of online with friends and still no patch for goalies, alone. And yet it's still better than FIFA 17 and I can't stop playing this game, over 20 hours already.

unrealist

IGN: "FIFA on Switch feels sluggish and slow, plays just like last years version (aka FIFA 17)"

Out of curiousity, I looked up FIFA 17's score on IGN:

"I love it, IT'S AMAZING! 9/10"

I thought it is quite a fine product, my only complaint would be the small transfer market, wish they can integrate everything together. I mean if we are going to compare games to games .. they will never be equal. Like we review PC vs console versions of the same game (for example, Skyrim, GTA5 etc), should PC version score higher since they have better graphics, better features (mods and customization) and most of the time cheaper, free online etc?

The Fifa on Switch should never been called Fifa 18, it's like an entirely different game. Good or bad, it's up to the person playing (portability vs graphics and extra features). Even the speed of the gameplay, passing and dribbling all feels different (even to Fifa 17, so I wonder if IGN really played the game or just took a dump on it like most people).

GrinWithoutaKat

Neo Member
The effect an SBC can have on card values is nuts. Up until now, most of the ones I'd done you could be quite open with, but the marque matches up right now requires gold Australian League players. Cards that would have gone for discard value yesterday are now 10k. I hope that comes down before the end. I got lucky by having enough Japanese league cards already in the club. The Dortmund/Leipzig was done without having to buy anything too.

I'm finding Squad Battles a little frustrating too. You seem to get more points for winning 5-0 on a lower difficulty than just playing out games at your usual level, scoring under 5 and not getting a clean sheet. I don't mind playing against the CPU, but I don't want to put it down and play out the 5-0, 60% possession, 10 shots on target thing every game. They need to tweak the points. You should ALWAYS get more for winning on one difficulty than you'd get for the perfect game on a lower one.

Lashley

lads open the bronze packs

if you get an a-league player you're laughing, they're going for 10k atm lmao

T-Rex.

Banned
Man the refs are terrible in this. They're somehow even worse than the refs in PES and I have no idea how they've managed that. I only play pro clubs though so maybe the nonsense is exclusive to that mode, but constantly my pro gets chopped down and no freekick given. Get shirt ripped off, no freekick.

Lashley

Man the refs are terrible in this. They're somehow even worse than the refs in PES and I have no idea how they've managed that. I only play pro clubs though so maybe the nonsense is exclusive to that mode, but constantly my pro gets chopped down and no freekick given. Get shirt ripped off, no freekick.

they're shite in squad battles too

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
FIFA 18 Switch, the game where in FUT seasons Heart of Midlothian F.C. defends like it's Juventus before everybody got really old. And where every defender can outpower Dzeko and outrun Morata and KDB even when they are meters behind. Ridiculous.

FIFA 18 Switch, the game where in FUT seasons Heart of Midlothian F.C. defends like it's Juventus before everybody got really old. And where every defender can outpower Dzeko and outrun Morata and KDB even when they are meters behind. Ridiculous.

My Edinburgh friends will love the switch version

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
There is absolutely nothing sluggish or slow about FIFA 18 Switch.
That’s actually weird to read this as it’s probably the fastest Fifa out there with default settings, and if graphics aren’t extraordinary, the framerate is rock solid 60 fps.

Playing FIFA on Switch is probably the most I have played FIFA in years. It's not sluggish or slow.

I am finally getting good at the game.

Looking forward to NBA next week.

Top Bottom