• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fifa Switch will be reportedly based off the PS3/360 versions

lebron-laughing-o.gif

mackattk

I really want the Switch to succeed, I genuinely really do. I have the Wii U and really liked the system, but it was quickly delegated to the system to play first party Nintendo games on.

EA just isn't even trying anymore with the Nintendo brand, it is pretty disappointing. Other publishers will look at EA and might even follow their lead. If I understand correctly, EA not porting the Frostbite engine over basically means any future EA titles will be nonexistent on the Switch.

opricnik

Banned
The footage they showed had some of the updates. Better terrain textures, trees, etc than vanilla. Did people expect Skyrim to look like the PS4 remastered version?
Erhm yeah? Its not like skyrim remastered is any technical masterpiece ,if it wasnt gonna look like that then why lie in Switch reveal video show that as gameplay(aka lie?)

I have to watch/play some last gen skyrim to do fully compare but doubt.

KAL2006

Banned
There were rumours or expectations of Tekken 7, FIFA PS4 downport, Skyrim remaster, Zelda BotW 1080p docked mode etc.

Instead we get Zelda 900p docked mode, FIFA 360 legacy edition, Skyrim 360 version and Street Fighter 2 lol.

AmFreak

The Switch is much closer to a 360 than to a One in HH-Mode according to the DF specs so using the last gen version as the base makes sense.
But ofc it's all EA's fault.

M.D

So they can put literally zero effort into it, then say no one bought it, then "we won't support the Switch anymore."

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

These posts are always ridiculous.

As if EA or any other third party wouldn't want another console to release their games on and profit off of.
Then the ridiculous notion that EA puts this out just so they can say 'We told you guys, its just not working', as if they are obligated to release their games on a Nintendo platform if they truly didn't want to.

The footage they showed had some of the updates. Better terrain textures, trees, etc than vanilla. Did people expect Skyrim to look like the PS4 remastered version?

You had some people drinking the Twitter insider koolaid and convinced that the Switch would be able to pull off at least Xbox One level visuals, so yes.

There were rumours or expectations of Tekken 7, FIFA PS4 downport, Skyrim remaster, Zelda BotW 1080p docked mode etc.

Instead we get Zelda 900p docked mode, FIFA 360 legacy edition, Skyrim 360 version and Street Fighter 2 lol.

Ice cold.

But deserving if this all holds true at the end of the day. Next thing you know, their Ezio Collection will be based on the PS3 version from years back.

Powwa

Since i'll use it as a portable I don't mind, what bothers me is the possibility that they will skip the Ultimate Team on it. If there is no Ultimate Team I ain't buying it, nope.

antonz

Only idiots ever expected a serious effort from EA. They are meeting the contractual obligation that says Fifa must be on basically everything.

Why put the effort into Frostbite version if you are just doing what needs to be done to keep Fifa happy. If they intended to bring a wide range of Frostbite titles then they would work with that

jjonez18

So two scenarios.
A) These games never get updated. Year after year. The same game. Maybe a new UI and a roster update.
B) They drop Switch support as soon as PS360 are dropped. As I doubt developing a version exclusively for Switch isn't viable.

joecanada

As if EA or any other third party wouldn't want another console to release their games on and profit off of.
Then the ridiculous notion that EA puts this out just so they can say 'We told you guys, its just not working', as if they are obligated to release their games on a Nintendo platform if they truly didn't want to.

Did you miss all WiiU news ? Or just ea news about WiiU

NSESN

They aren't, EA did the same thing with Wii U. Remember that the Wii U ME3 version released the same time as the Triology released on other platforms.

KAL2006

Banned
Everyone saying DOA but preorders sold out. Lol

Didn't Wii U sell out at launch as well as 3DS.

Once Nintendo can stock the system more and the launch period is over this thing will flop so hard unless Nintendo drastically drop the price and change some things. Which I expect will happen if it sells bad as Nintendo can't afford another flop.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Not surprising. They just switched over to Frostbite, right? I wonder how scalable their game actually is?

darscot

Lots of people in here have very little understanding of the realities of hardware. The Switch is not in any way comparable to G4 hardware.

swit

It probably could but EA is not a charity and they're likely to take a loss porting it to the Switch.
than Nintendo should have subsidised porting it. Anything to get the western third parties on board.

No Frostbite means no EA modern support at all. Beyond pathetic.

KAL2006

Banned
If it's a good port more than 10 people would care about it in the UK. It could even be a system seller.

Yep FIFA is huge in the UK

If this was the full version of FIFA that you can play portable with the addition of portable local multiplayer this could have been big with a Switch bundle price drop for holidays.

It's a shame this is based on the PS3 version as FIFA fans would be put off.

Schnozberry

You had some people drinking the Twitter insider koolaid and convinced that the Switch would be able to pull off at least Xbox One level visuals, so yes.

Fair enough. Seems like you had to have some delusions of grandeur.

I'll probably pick up the Switch versions of FIFA and NBA just because I can play on the go and take multiplayer over to a friend's house who doesn't own any consoles. I understand the desire for state of the art visuals but I don't think they really revolutionized the gameplay experience moving from PS360 to current gen. The games play nearly the same. I say that as a huge fan of NBA and NHL games.

sense

Everyone saying DOA but preorders sold out. Lol

there is about 8-10 million hardcore nintendo fans that will buy whatever nintendo puts out so of course it is going to sell out initially after the nes fiasco. this is going to sell somewhere between 3ds and wiiu ltd sales and that is technically a failure in the long run

Dartastic

This is absolute bullshit and there's no way I'll be buying this version now. This would have been a Day 1 purchase for me as well. Guess I'm going to just continue playing my PS4 version. Ugh.

ngower

EA are making a port of their game, in what world is this Nintendo's fault? Didn't Switch dev kits go out at least a year ago?

Banned
Completely expected. That's why I wanted Soderlund to get off the stage. No idea why he was there. They don't care about Fifa in Japan.

Top Bottom