• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting ‘the Gawker effect’ in the wake of Weinstein

Dude Abides

Banned
Wanting something more provocative from her to make me rethink the current landscape isn't breezy or unreasonable. It's tough to reconcile that considering the NYT taking down Harvey Weinstein but being too meek about an Amazon exec that Amazon clearly had no qualms firing. Maybe I'm being dense but contrary to what you said I can have a conversation about this. Or you can continue to be weirdly smug about all this.

All you've made is a series of no-substance shitposts.

Man, people really want "the Gawker effect" to be a thing, huh?

Those same risks have always been around. The paradigm is the same as it's always been.

He's saying it's more salient? Well knock me over with a feather.

Not the type of thing one would see from someone genuinely interested in discussing the merits of the issue.

Brakke

Banned
http://nypost.com/2016/03/09/gawker-editors-line-a-sex-tape-of-a-4-year-old/

So if you look at this post, there's a ton of stuff there (that should probably be in a separate article!). This was before the link I posted up thread. Daulerio was already on the stand and had already been asked numerous questions about his tactics, intent, and the public interest in his stories.

As far as I can find right now, I'm not sure how the entire topic came up around Daulerio (the earliest article about his testimony seems to start with the 4 year old comment, but I'm sure he didn't open with that :p).

You’re missing the point entirely. Daulerio was answering questions from opposing counsel. He didn’t get to the end of the deposition and then say “and that’s why we should win the case”.

Top Bottom