• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
How does getting triggered by Marn commentating make one a 17er?

Comments like "Who the hell is this guy?" "Which jackass is on commentating", etc. If you've been following the FGC for at least a little while you would know who Marn is.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Marn always had some legitimately shady shit going on and that Crosscounter episode didn't help.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Champ is going in on SFV hard. He's making it clear he's playing it only because most are and because of money. He's going in on DBZ and MVCI as mains. And he thinks Super SSFV will likely happen.

MrCarter

Champ is going in on SFV hard. He's making it clear he's playing it only because most are and because of money. He's going in on DBZ and MVCI as mains. And he thinks Super SSFV will likely happen.

Yeah too bad none of that SFV money will reach him lol. I think he will be okay at MvCi but I know there will be some blow ups with newcomers coming out of the woodwork like Punk in SFV.

jett

D-Member

That sweet SFV money he never earned, doesn't earn, and will never earn.

ShinMaruku

Its not even canada cup is it? I thought it was canada day
551bb02a1bd3a986b6eadfe2c90254cc--dead-or-alive-.jpg

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That's why eSport is stupid. Fchamp travelled to Canada for a small tournament and a game he doesn't even like. Burn it all down, this is supposed to be fun.

edit: Thanks for the Canada tournament notice, Kyle fucking P just beat KBrad 2-0. I love that guy.

QXcJQfv.png

Yea I really don't understand. Usually it seems at the most, top 3 in a tournament are the only worthy payouts, taking account travel expenses, effort, and time to actually attend a tournament and even then I can only see it if you are consistent like Punk or Knuckledu. FChamp doesn't seem like he would be earning much money from tournament winnings, and if he is getting a worthy paycheck from his sponsor, it makes me wonder what they are thinking, because I doubt most of them would even make a return unless you were Echo Fox or EG. It's why a lot of players are bouncing around sponsors and ton of them belly up, FChamp himself seems to have been through what feels like dozens since SF4.

Well considering how Capcom has done at PR lately it's not surprising

I believe the "CC" is for Canada Cup and not Capcom Cup or something else with Capcom in it. But regardless the general dislike or "I like the game but" has never seemed as universal during the SF4 era as it seems now for SFV's 2nd year(OK, maybe AE being the exception).

I really hope Capcom is listening and is cooking up more drastic changes than what we saw from S1 to S2 for the better of the game. If they want to rebrand it with a Super version then I'm all for it. I actually like the title updates. Maybe something they felt was hurting the brand(updated names) can actually help wash away the bad taste that many are feeling from the current version. Maybe some of those guys that says "I'll wait for Super" actually mean it and will buy the game when they slap a big ass Super logo in the background. Who cares how ridiculous that sounds, just try something at least.

He wasn't sponsored because of umvc3

unfortunately, there are many people who play sfv as a means to an end.

I don't know the exact politics of what gets a game into EVO, or how BB gets Sunday finals over GGxrd.

Catering to the audience who will likely support Evo Japan. BB is more popular.

It's consistent with choosing Smash 4 over Melee and putting Tekken 7 on Sunday before anyone could pay venue fees.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No I have no idea who Marn is, I just started following the FGC literally yesterday. Nope, didn't know any specifics other than the dozens of things that were posted in OG SFIV threads. I only been posting here since 07.

I believe the "CC" is for Canada Cup and not Capcom Cup or something else with Capcom in it. But regardless the general dislike or "I like the game but" has never seemed as universal during the SF4 era as it seems now for SFV's 2nd year(OK, maybe AE being the exception).

I really hope Capcom is listening and is cooking up more drastic changes than what we saw from S1 to S2 for the better of the game. If they want to rebrand it with a Super version then I'm all for it. I actually like the title updates. Maybe something they felt was hurting the brand(updated names) can actually help wash away the bad taste that many are feeling from the current version. Maybe some of those guys that says "I'll wait for Super" actually mean it and will buy the game when they slap a big ass Super logo in the background. Who cares how ridiculous that sounds, just try something at least.

Fuck Woshige man. Who is going to complain if they all of a sudden gave us better neutral tools? Fuck the current meta. Give us those better tools and everyone would worship SFV.

galvenize

No I have no idea who Marn is, I just started following the FGC literally yesterday. Nope, didn't know any specifics other than the dozens of things that were posted in OG SFIV threads. I only been posting here since 07.
ui_ele_esta.png

Make way for the OG guys.

ScribbleD

He wasn't sponsored because of umvc3

unfortunately, there are many people who play sfv as a means to an end.

Catering to the audience who will likely support Evo Japan. BB is more popular.

It's consistent with choosing Smash 4 over Melee and putting Tekken 7 on Sunday before anyone could pay venue fees.

BB is more popular than Xrd in Japan? That doesn't sound right. Also, putting Smash 4 top 8 on Sunday over Melee is perfectly justified by entrant numbers alone, both for this year and last year. Your argument doesn't make any sens there.

Sayad

BB is more popular than Xrd in Japan? That doesn't sound right. Also, putting Smash 4 top 8 on Sunday over Melee is perfectly justified by entrant numbers alone, both for this year and last year. Your argument doesn't make any sens there.
It is, at the arcades at least.

Village

GTFO noob.

Almost as bad as someone posting Rickstah vids to Aris.
...then explain marns fuckery on excellent adventures, the recent thing. The recent thing that happened that was so bad it needed ti be edited out

Aris changed n stuff, marns kinda marn

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Can they change the way the game feels? You can add a lot of things but if the game feels the same it won't do much if anything. Certain people just don't like the feel of the game and for everyone who says that they have their own opinion on how the game feels.

I'd personally be more happy with an added mechanic and more supers, triggers, etc. More characters and all that will come in time and hopefully the favorites of past games will be in. Champ himself today said who in the world would want Kolin, Ed, etc over Fei, Sagat, etc. Capcom probably knows what they are doing but they are gambling on it.

People want more defensive options. Like say invincible backdash or maybe crouch teching?
For oki or the neutral? If it's oki, the the simple solution is to get rid of oki outside of sweeps (which would make sweeps very good). Just change the recovery after knockdown.

If it's neutral, then that is where I want specifics. SF3 had parries, and then SF4 toned them down with Focus Attack. What mechanic could SFV advance to? I can't think of one, and V-Skills are a failure. They could not exist and most characters would not care.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
...then explain marns fuckery on excellent adventures, the recent thing. The recent thing that happened that was so bad it needed ti be edited out

Aris changed n stuff, marns kinda marn

^What's there to explain? People think I'm in here defending Marn? Marn's been on my shitlist ever since he hasn't given a stick he raffled or whatever to one of OG SF regs. But just because he's done some bad things doesn't mean he isn't entertaining to listen and hear now and then. Same with Champ and so many others. I don't necessarily like them but I also don't know them personally at the same time so it will be moronic on my part to totally hate them and they do say and do funny things here and there.

Was watching TGUC. Marn was commentating and many people in chat were like who is this guy, whos on the mic. Obviously if they don't know who he is they must be new, ala an 017er because Marn is pretty well known. So somehow some nut came in here thinking I'm like defending his commentating or some shit.

Top Bottom