• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/17-23| It was a little beta this time.

How can he not make it when there are 32 spots.

I think he'll definitely make it, but it's still possible he doesn't because premier events are stacked and you don't get many points from ranking events unless you get top 3-4. Players are gatekeeping. PR rog has 98 points and is sitting in 21st. 32nd place has 52 points and 31st place has 64 points. There's a good chance he'll be the 25th seed after the next 4 ranking events take place these next 2 weeks. If Tonpy gets top 8 in one of the next 2 Asian ranking events, Rog will move down. If Humanbomb gets 5th place in one of the next 2 Asian ranking events, Rog will move down. Snake has a good chance to go past Rog after the next ranking event.

pixelish

yo asian film fans, have any of you seen tsai ming liang's latest film stray dogs? i watched it a couple of days ago and i'm not sure whether or not i like it. i really like the struggle that the characters experienced but i really wish they would cut down the excessive long shots. i know this is tsai's trademark but it was really excessive in this movie.

Numb

Fat female character would go over worse than a fat male character (ie. Rufus/Birdie).

No prob with with fat characters unless they make them nastyor annoying on purpose like those two. Only issue people got with Bob is that he was too good.

vulva

yo asian film fans, have any of you seen tsai ming lian's latest film stray dogs? i watched it a couple of days ago and i'm not sure whether or not i like it. i really like the struggle that the characters experienced but i really wish they would cut down the excessive long shots. i know this is tsai's trademark but it was really excessive in this movie.

I really really liked it, but it wasn't really one of my favs from him. I love that the long shots give an uncomfortable sense of realism to his films. I haven't seen it in a good year or so, so I should re-watch it, but I generally love the atmosphere of his films and this one was no exception.

I vote for this.

There is some fighting game with an old lady in it.

Power Instinct. It actually has 4 of them in the more recent ones. They can power up into their younger forms. There also a kid who wears only a bib and magic girl who can transform into a chick in a bikini with rollerblades straight out of the 90s.

Morris

Disco Devil
Michelle Reis is the best, Fallen Angels is my favourite movie of all time by far.

For HHH the obvious move would be to watch Millennium Mambo if you like wkw. Cafe Lumiere's great as well, but it doesn't feel as much like one of his works since it's a tribute to Japanese cinema in many regards.

I'd say start with Millennium Mambo and Flowers of Shanghai if you're a fan of wkw. Not sure if you watch any other arthouse cinema from taiwan/hk/china but if you do maybe I can make a better recommendation.

I've watched a couple Kim Ki-Duk movies but nah I'm not well versed in non jp arthouse, which is why I felt the need to ask! I'm more of an Oshima flicks kind of dude. Millennium Mambo looks sick, def getting serious wkw vibes from this. gonna try to watch it sometime soon. Thanks!

Sorry about the off topic yall. Play Xrd its a good game.

vulva

I've watched a couple Kim Ki-Duk movies but nah I'm not well versed in non jp arthouse, which is why I felt the need to ask! I'm more of an Oshima flicks kind of dude. Millennium Mambo looks sick, gonna try to watch it sometime soon. Thanks!

Sorry about the off topic yall. Play Xrd its a good game.

btw ya girl Michelle Reis is in Flowers of Shanghai.

They should make more fighting games set during like the Qing or Tang Dynasties

Zissou

Power Instinct. It actually has 4 of them in the more recent ones. They can power up into their younger forms. There also a kid who wears only a bib and magic girl who can transform into a chick in a bikini with rollerblades straight out of the 90s.

This sounds fucking awesome. Is the game actually any good?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
did I post this week?

about to watch a Todd Solondz film I know nothing about and I've been playing Yakuza and vf training mode all week

ttyl

This sounds fucking awesome. Is the game actually any good?

The one I played the most was Groove On Fight (Funny enough, I signed up on SRK in 08 back then to chat about the game), I found it pretty fun, though it's a bit different than the other ones. Matrimelee I tried emulating it and I found it fun, you can play it on fightcade if you are interested. It has characters from Rage of the Dragons, which basically a re-purposed Double Dragon fighting game. The games are really weird though, like gag manga/anime levels of weird. The music when you fight has japanese people singing about random stuff or doing karaoke or whatever, and at the win lose screen the loser has doodles all over their face. Gameplay wise. Matrimelee has runs and different jumps. It's pretty fast paced, though it's not anime kind of fast. It's maybe kind of like KOF or MOTW in terms of pacing but I'm not really a high level player in it, so I don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes. Whenever you build a bar of meter in the games, your character does a charge up like from DBZ which knocks the other person away if they touch it. It's kind of weird, and it resets the situation whenever it happens, because you don't seem to be able to do anything off it or to it since they are invincible when they are charging.

Also the games have this character. Click if no one else is around.

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/sexual-games/29.php

NEO0MJ

tumblr_m2fc1z11FL1qbkprxo1_500.gif

Too bad most of her attacks have her shift to the cast.

Top Bottom