• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 9-15

smurfx

get some go again
i signed up to srk but never got that email to finish my registration. i've made it send the email again and again but it never reaches my email. i've given up wanting to post there since the umvc3 part of it isn't that much more active than the neogaf umvc3 thread here.

Dahbomb

Yipes is super legit in Marvel but like said before he's a grinder and rarely enters tournaments for it. Right at the end of Vanilla he was getting to his old levels but new game put him back in the lab. All his characters are sick but I am biased for some Sons of Sparda + Magneto. He's top 5 best player in the EC but like MarlinPie he's one of those people who is just absurdly strong on his day but when he isn't hot, he is likely to get randomed out super early.

Spider Man is also a legit character in Ultimate, he's just EXTREMELY UNPOPULAR (based on tournament results he is about as popular as Phoenix Wright). He's a god damn menace and people should be glad that his Web Throw attack scales now... when Spencer gets his Grapple scaled then they would both be on equal level. Iron Fist's assist is also EXTREMELY GOOD but Iron Fist himself as a point character... eh.

Who's Nemo and what's KVO?

Watching VSav & LiveOratory. Lemme see if my bandwidth will fit SG in as well.
My browser was barely holding two streams. A third one would have messed everything up. I do enjoy LiveOratory though. Marlinpie is just a lot of fun to watch.
Alas, I am just a guy, albeit crazy ;)
It's okay. Not everyone can be a God.

*takes off shades*
EVO SFXT should be scramble mode. The game is much more fun when you don't take it seriously. Scramble is where it's at.
Please tell me this is a joke. BB and SG not making it to EVO only for SFxT to be played in scramble would be heartbreaking. We may as well watch Brawl next year at EVO lol. I wouldn't be opposed to some scramble mode action on the side though...
The guys on Medina's stream really know how to create hype. Good stuff. And who's streaming VSav?
Arcadelegacy
I think what he was trying to say is give other games a try if you're not doing well in your current game. He implied some people might be putting too much time and effort into a game they actually don't like just because it's popular.
He also mentioned that it does expand a player's mindset and overall skill. It's a good argument to make in that sense. Isn't Combo an extremely high level player at several games? That versatility that some older players possess has to come in handy.
Man.

LLND making Chris+Hsien-Ko look legitimate.

This is some amazing shit.
I really thought he could take Grand finals this time. The guy deserves it for sticking with his team for so long at such high levels of play. He really puts in work with Chris.

smurfx

get some go again
people in the runback stream were saying spiderman was low tier. that blew my mind because i've experienced good spidermans and this character is not low tier. just because people don't pick him and he is harder to be good with does not mean he is low tier. for some reason i always run into good spiderman players. i remember when i went to wnf i ran into two really good spiderman players. one dude was from israel that had come for evo. man he was really good. these days killasasa is one of the best spiderman players i play.

Didn't know where to post this since we seem to have so many FG threads, but I figure I put it here since it's the most active throughout the week. I'm going to visit NorCal(Stockton specifically) from June 11-19. For any of you guys that live East of the Bay Area in Stockton, Sacramento, or any of those neighboring cities, is there any local tournaments happening that week in those areas? I know NorCal holds Thursday Night Throwdown, but I don't want to deal with driving through the Bay Area, especially at night. I'm going to visit my girl, but I didn't want to pass up playing some games against Cali folks if possible.

ismk

people in the runback stream were saying spiderman was low tier. that blew my mind because i've experienced good spidermans and this character is not low tier. just because people don't pick him and he is harder to be good with does not mean he is low tier. for some reason i always run into good spiderman players. i remember when i went to wnf i ran into two really good spiderman players. one dude was from israel that had come for evo. man he was really good. these days killasasa is one of the best spiderman players i play.

Even though Spider-Man is considered low tier by the majority, he can be played very well. Majority of the UMVC3 cast are very viable, even if they low tier, that's what makes UMVC3 so great.

USD

KaoTV! is live:

http://www.twitch.tv/godsgarden

The 5on5 should be starting about an hour.

KaoTV!
Soushihan KSK (Abel)
Kazunoko (Yun)
Itabashi Zangief (Zangief)
Nekojita (Abel)
Naruo (Evil Ryu)

KichiG○Y
kichijojiKEN (Ken) - #2 BP Ken
-R- (Balrog) - #1 BP Balrog
☆Shin☆ (Juri) - #3 BP Juri
Uki (Cody) - #5 BP Cody
Akahoshi (Zangief)

Venfayth

Catchin up on the leveluplive I missed last night because it starts right when I'm going to bed :(

Also, congrats USD!

Yeah, I was expecting a good match, and we get Akahoshi blowing through all the KaoTV regulars hahaha.

So there was no Juri shown? D:

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So its over?

BTW what does 'wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww' means? Is like the japanese version of Arturo's AAAAaaaAAAaah?

Venfayth

Jurijurijurijurijuri should never lose to gief. DO IT UP.

Well, and by never, I mean it's pretty in her favor.

edit: This gief is sick, of course x_x

Congratulations Based USD!

0snsM.gif

The one week I stop stream monstering, amazing things happen. I'm never taking a break from streams again!

Congratulations on your new opportunity, USD! You deserve it!

I just caught up on those V. Savior matches, and they were pretty interesting - it seems like every character got some use on stream, and the matches were solid overall. I caught the tail end of the Godsgarden 5-vs-5 stream as well, and it was also quite fun to watch; it was the second Godsgarden stream I've ever seen, and I got pretty hype, especially with that Ultra read by AKAHOSSY (I think it's about 1:40:16 in the last archive?)

Congrats USD! I really wanted something like that to happen for you, I'm glad it finally did.

Imma put in a shameless plug for anyone in the Texas area to come check out Barfights in dallas next saturday! It's a lot of fun, I encourage anyone in the area to come out

Here's the trailer, with tourney details in the info :

Texas Barfights 8

Also for all the weird people that were all like "huh what that's racist" about the white rage, you can see an old roommate of mine white raging it up on the vid!

I know this isn't Super Norcal Install, but I figure all the viewers who missed Norcal Install can still view Game Center's Bi-weekly events at www.twitch.tv/finestko

Tonight it's going to be Kof XIII, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Super Street Fighter 4 AE at 8:30pm PST.

Tomorrow at 3pmPST we are also running a Skull Girls tourney. Any help promoting either event would be highly appreciated.
He posted in the Super Norcal Install thread, but I figure it should be here.

USD

Here's a heads-up on something I totally didn't know. Seeding points for EVO 2012 are for Top 12, not Top 16 as originally announced. I just learned about this literally minutes ago.

USD

Team Tengu is going to be running an SSFIV AE 3v3 tournament starting at around 12AM EDT.

There are casuals currently going on (currently laggy):

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv89216996

If the stream stops, check the TeamEXE community page by clicking the icon on the top right. From that page, if you see a red button, that means the stream is live. Click that and you'll go to the stream.

http://com.nicovideo.jp/community/co1500041 - TeamEXE community page

The stream should also be on TwitchTV:

http://www.twitch.tv/team_tengu
http://www.twitch.tv/team_tengu2

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Please tell me this is a joke. BB and SG not making it to EVO only for SFxT to be played in scramble would be heartbreaking. We may as well watch Brawl next year at EVO lol. I wouldn't be opposed to some scramble mode action on the side though...

GAF lobbies are 10x more fun. And everybody gets to play at the same! Timeouts have decreased 100% since inception.

The existence of fighting game streams every night has changed my nocturnal life.

You wouldn't believe how far we've come over the past 3 years. About 3 years ago I was at home watching the SF4 SBO Qualifier at Denjin Arcade, basically the mother of all FGC streams. This for most of us was our first FGC stream, and it introduced us to so many people that we know today like Art, Mike Ross, LI Joe, Combofiend, Valle, and more. It's amazing to slowly see the transition from waiting months for another stream to the next day, grainy low quality stream to HD streams, and 1 stream focusing on 1 game to 2-3 showing off every official game at the Tournament.

You wouldn't believe how far we've come over the past 3 years. About 3 years ago I was at home watching the SF4 SBO Qualifier at Denjin Arcade, basically the mother of all FGC streams. This for most of us was our first FGC stream, and it introduced us to so many people that we know today like Art, Mike Ross, LI Joe, Combofiend, Valle, and more. It's amazing to slowly see the transition from waiting months for another stream to the next day, grainy low quality stream to HD streams, and 1 stream focusing on 1 game to 2-3 showing off every official game at the Tournament.

Yeah it is pretty crazy how far we've come so quickly.

Azure J

The existence of fighting game streams every night has changed my nocturnal life.

Pretty much. :lol

It's amazing how entertaining it is to just kick back and watch high level stuff. Marvel 3 was really my introduction, but I've had fun streaming everything lately.

Top Bottom