• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 8-14 | Sony pleads the FiF

Go back to page 4.

And SF4 originally launched with ~18

While the summaries some posted are appreciated, I wish I spoke French so that I could see for myself how the video's creator comes to each of his conclusions. All I'm getting now is hearsay on top of hearsay.

And as for predicting SFV's initial number of characters based off of SFIV's initial numbers, I think that may be a bit foolish since the landscape of fighting games has changed so much since '08. I can easily imagine SFV shipping with anywhere between 10-24 characters.

Kikujiro

They already used the nostalgia factor with SFIV, people aren't coming back for the same reason. We need new characters and old characters that didn't make the IV roster, they can easily sell the others later.

Look, if we're getting any guest characters or whatever up in this there is only one choice that makes a damn bit of sense.

Skullomania_big.jpg

Seriously though, who the fuck would miss Honda is he wasn't in?

And Necro is much better than Dhalsim, his animations do the stretchy guy archetype much better.

colorswap.php

colorswap.php

It's much better animation, how he puts momentum into his limbs to stretch them.

Sim > Necro. He played so goofy, had electricity and didn't fit in the 3rd strike system.

Busaiku

KI launched with 6

new standards for new gen

Unless they follow that model, Killer Instinct should not be a point of comparison.
I doubt they'll follow that model.

And Killer Instinct's completely different regardless.
I mean prior to the new game, there were only like 12 characters or something.

SFIV Vanilla arcade: 17 Playable + 2 unplayable bosses
Vanilla Marvel: 36 + Jill and Shuma
Mortal Kombat: 27 + 4 DLCs + Kratos + 3 unplayable bosses
Skullgirls: 9 + 3 DLCs
SFxTK: 50 (12 held on disc for several months, plus 5 Playstation exclusives)
KI: 6 + 5 DLCs + 4 more DLCs confirmed upcoming
Xrd Arcade: 13

DunpealD

Has this been talked about already? I really hope Harada is joking, even tho I don't like the character this is bullshit

Female Bob like equivalent exclusive for US imminent. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ok guys I know you're all hyped for SFV with the announcement and coming CPTF live demo.

BUT shouldn't we think about making a list of wanted features for SFV from and for the community and TOs? If this is still early in development, shouldn't it be a good time to give them suggestions? We shouldn't always demand devs to ask us and be more proactive.

Like better training mode, user made custom tutorials, highlighting coming tournaments, championship mode from vanilla SF4, ladder matches, PS3 sticks on PS4 etc.

I think that would be a much more productive use of time rather than speculating about rosters and gameplay elements.

Pappasman

So what are the chances SF5 is F2P and they are going for a similar business model to mobas?

On one hand that would get way more people to try it out, but then the weak player doesn't have teammates that can carry them/blame for losing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I hope there are no guest characters. Please we do not need that shit invading every franchise. I don't think Sony would request such a thing either as it might compromise the integrity.

Would rather those resources go towards exploring another fighting style. Been thinking of making a thread about fighting styles people want represented in the new characters.

I hope there are no guest characters. Please we do not need that shit invading every franchise. I don't think Sony would request such a thing either as it might compromise the integrity.

Would rather those resources go towards exploring another fighting style. Been thinking of making a thread about fighting styles people want represented in the new characters.

Even if it was Skullomania and/or D.Dark? :(

Speaking of fighting styles, I hope they can somehow save at least some of the SFxTK Tekken characters' styles.

Uraizen

Banned
- Time / Weather effects in stages
- Release date : 2016, before the end of the fiscal year.
- Unreal Engine 4
- The new mechanic is named V-Trigger : You can change your stance.
- 16 characters

- No Super Street Fighter 2X + EX (Updates kinda like League of Legends / Killer Instinct)
- The story mode will be way much better, they know they fucked up with sf4.
- The PC version is here mostly because they want to bring the game to Latin America, South Asia, Africa...

A lot of work must be going into V-Trigger. Now I'm hoping it's the equivalent of temporarily changing an SFIV char into their Omega version.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also, why would it be Unreal.
Don't they have Panty Raid.
Ono said when asked if they'd use Panty Raid they'd use whatever is right for that project.

Plus we don't know where Panty Raid is in development, since deep down is pretty much encircled with question marks.

FSLink

Banned
Been messing around with Capcom vs SNK 2 (GC version) with an arcade stick thanks to the homebrew Nintendont and would really love some Rival Schools characters in SFV.

Mr. X

Wouldnt hold my breath for more that 14 chars.

Would be ok with guest characters if they are SNK so we can get hype for CvS3.

Nyoro SF

I would prefer just a new Rival Schools. I really enjoyed casually playing that game with the volleyball and football guy.

Top Bottom