• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 8-14 | Sony pleads the FiF

Ideal roster, saving 4 spaces for new characters, coming from someone who never plays SF but likes the characters:

• Ryu
  • Chun-Li
  • Bison
  • Dan
  • Charlie Nash
  • Rose
  • Alex
  • Makoto
  • Sean
  • Juri
  • Hakan
  • C.Viper

anyone excited for furry not smash on x1 and pc next year?

I appreciate that it exists, and I'm interested in how it's shaping up - it looks like a more solid game than Brawlhalla, in any case. But I'm wary, not excited. It's not like I know enough about Smash to see what's good about RoA and what isn't.

Prototype

Only 2 brand new characters would be a big letdown.
For me it's not a big deal as long as the returning characters feel new. New moves, mechanics, ect.

I'd rather have new versions of existing iconic characters than new characters just for the sake of being new.

Seriously though, who the fuck would miss Honda is he wasn't in?

And Necro is much better than Dhalsim, his animations do the stretchy guy archetype much better.

colorswap.php

colorswap.php

It's much better animation, how he puts momentum into his limbs to stretch them.

Beckx

Ideal roster, saving 4 spaces for new characters, coming from someone who never plays SF but likes the characters:

• Ryu
  • Chun-Li
  • Bison
  • Dan
  • Charlie Nash
  • Rose
  • Alex
  • Makoto
  • Sean
  • Juri
  • Hakan
  • C.Viper

Didn't Charlie like, die when Sean and Makato were in grade school?

WAIT

SHADOWLOO ROBO-NASH

Count Blackule's List of 16 Characters That Should Be In SF5

Deejay
Ryu
Chun Li
Balrog
Elena
Birdie
Dudley
Akuma
Mike
Sean
Urien's original concept art
Rufus' original concept art
Rose
Dark skinned Oni
Dark skinned E. Ryu

no bias. just how it should be.

pixelish

sf2: ryu, ken, chun li, gief, sim, blanka, guile, akuma
sf3/alpha: karin, Q, makoto, yun
sf4: abel, juri
2 new characters

Personal ideal roster:

Ryu
Chun
Bison

Eagle
Adult Sakura
Maki

Remy
Urien
Oro
Necro

Juri
Viper

New
New
New
New

But yeah, I won't be disappointed because I've given up on hopes and dreams.

TheChits

And Necro is much better than Dhalsim, his animations do the stretchy guy archetype much better.

colorswap.php

colorswap.php

It's much better animation, how he puts momentum into his limbs to stretch them.

Necro is one of my favorite SF characters. I really hope we get to see him again someday

colorswap.php

colorswap.php

Yea, they are pretty good (Necros).

I did like Sims animations in SvC though as well.

Beats

Seriously, what is the difference between Dark Pit and Pit anyway?

Dark Pit's F-tilt has less knockback, arrows have less range and can't be curved as much but do slightly more damage fully charged. Side-B's knockback angle is more horizontal. I think that's it. Also his final smash is different and he gets his own victory theme lol.

Dark Pit's F-tilt has less knockback, arrows have less range and can't be curved as much but do slightly more damage fully charged. Side-B's knockback angle is more horizontal. I think that's it. Also his final smash is different and he gets his own victory theme lol.

wow

much creativity

If the rumor is true we may as well just guess about the remaining five at best. Just work backwards. Here, I'll start. LOL we aren't getting Q.

Eight world warriors+Juri/Viper/Abel+Remaining five

I don't hate Sagat, Vega or Bison at all, but with a cap of 16 this could be the most boring initial roster ever in a fighter unless some serious cuts happen with seemingly guaranteed characters.

mbpm1

And they have this guy instead of Mewtwo already in the game.

CPS2

I seem to be really in tune with Capcom, I mean they always end up doing what I want. It's weird. So... why not make Dhalsim fast again, like in ST but maybe with low health? Like lockdown out the ass but 3 DPs would kill him.

Beckx

Ryu
Chun
Bison
Juri

(that's good guys v shadowloo covered)

Q
Makoto
Dudley
Sean

(that's 3rd Strike covered)

Batsu
Kyosuke
Akira
Asura (modern)

(that's Rescuing Good Characters from Capcom Hell covered)

New
New
New
New

with a cap of 16 this could be the most boring initial roster ever in a fighter unless some serious cuts happen with seemingly guaranteed characters.

I am just assuming this so any surprises will be positive.

Busaiku

Why is everyone assuming 16?
Even Guilty Gear Xrd has more than that.

16 would be pathetic.

Heck, didn't Street Fighter IV have more than that.

mbpm1

Characters I would like to see in sF5

Ken
Sagat
Balrog
Vega
Guile
Rose
Alex
Makoto
Urien
Akuma
Robin (Girl version)
Gief
Cody
Yang

Already In
Ryu
Chun

Why is everyone assuming 16?
Even Guilty Gear Xrd has more than that.

16 would be pathetic.

Heck, didn't Street Fighter IV have more than that.

Vanilla Arcade: 17

Ryu
Ken
Chun
Bison
Honda
Dhalsim
Blanka
Balrog
Vega
Sagat
Akuma
Abel
Viper
Fuerte
Rufus

(Unplayable)
Seth
Gouken

Rhapsody

Banned
While I wish it was a tiny bit more, I guess I wouldn't mind 16 characters if that ended up being the initial number.
Not sure who I'd want in at the start, I'm almost fine with anything.

My most wanted in 4 was Ibuki, but she turned out way different than 3.

I know Rival Schools isn't really in SF canon, but it would still be neat to see them used here and there.

BadWolf

For me it's not a big deal as long as the returning characters feel new. New moves, mechanics, ect.

I'd rather have new versions of existing iconic characters than new characters just for the sake of being new.

I'd rather there be a fresher start than the same old same old.

They already said that there will be updates so returning characters are a given and will be a much easier sell than new characters. This also gives new characters a better chance to catch on.

Skab

While I wish it was a tiny bit more, I guess I wouldn't mind 16 characters if that ended up being the initial number.
Not sure who I'd want in at the start, I'm almost fine with anything.

My most wanted in 4 was Ibuki, but she turned out way different than 3.

I know Rival Schools isn't really in SF canon, but it would still be neat to see them used here and there.

Fucking do it, Capcom.

We couldn't get a single Rival Schools rep in Marvel vs Capcom 3 or UMvC3 with their large rosters. There isn't enough blood in this world to sacrifice for a slot in Street Fighter. Believing otherwise for a second is even more hopeless than expecting Darktsalkers IV.

Top Bottom