• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 16-22 | Everyone has Xrd now, right?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
ipDGhtNxI74Ya.png

NEO0MJ

Hmm...nice. Is a GeForce GTX 750 good enough? Is 16GB RAM overkill?

It might be better to go for the GTX 960. Not much more expensive and will last you longer and give you better performance. And yeah, 16 GB might be a tad overkill. 12GB will do just fine. Most new games require 8GB so 12 is probably enough to futureproof your PC.

Tripon

Watson isn't going to find a new venue. Unfortunately, arcades don't make a lot of sense today unless there's a secondary hook to it like being part of a bar.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Watson can't do it by himself as much as he would like to think. Super Arcade and WNF itself was always a group effort and not being with Level Up anymore will really make it difficult for a newly opened Super Arcade in another location.

Rainy

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";153122660]There's an arcade here in SF?[/QUOTE]
It's kind of a bar/event space where they hold different events, including gaming stuff. Like Tuesday is a Melee tournament and Thursday is USF4.

Kumubou

It might be better to go for the GTX 960. Not much more expensive and will last you longer and give you better performance. And yeah, 16 GB might be a tad overkill. 12GB will do just fine. Most new games require 8GB so 12 is probably enough to futureproof your PC.
I don't think 16GB is total overkill, especially with the move to W10 and more and more games and apps going to 64-bit. However, RAM is so cheap it doesn't make much sense to skimp on it.

The i5-2500k is a goddamn workhorse (I have the same CPU in my main machine, clocked to around 4k GHz) and it's still more powerful than the dinky ass CPUs in the PS4 and XBone, so that's probably good for a while yet.

New DOA5 feels hella like VF now...
DoA's always been a bootleg VF (to the point where the original DoA was a conversion kit for VF2 boards). They definitely made a lot of good adjustments in 5/U/LR... now only if they would rip off VF's netcode. :\

Shouta

DoA's always been a bootleg VF (to the point where the original DoA was a conversion kit for VF2 boards). They definitely made a lot of good adjustments in 5/U/LR... now only if they would rip off VF's netcode. :\

Well yeah, but like LR feels a lot closer to VF5FS than U did. Like moves have more recovery and the moves rearranged so you can't spam strings like nuts so you gotta random poke and hit launchers for real combos. I only played like 20 games but it felt really different than Ultimate.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
alien looks great on bluray but aliens looks fucking incredible

shame alien is the better movie

K.Sabot

Downloaded Core Fighters today, gonna drop some dosh on a couple characters and hold out until then for PC's online to come... well online.

also rip saty

****** (LOL THAT STILL GOT CENSORED AFTER ALL THESE YEARS TEST)

Shouta

What things are similar between DoA5 and VF, and what things are different?

They essentially have the same basic gameplay setup, 3 Buttons (P, K, and G) and gameplay triangle that makes up the core experience. Where it differs is that VF's triangle is made up of Strike, Block, Throw, where DOA is Strike, Throw, Counter/Block.Movement is generally easier in DOA with a system more akin to 8-way run where VF requires stepping techniques to get around the field more nimbly. Then there are a lot of other things in the gameplay that were added with later DOAs and the stage interaction stuff.

I could explain better but I'm hella tired right now, I'll try again in the morning, lol.

fader

They essentially have the same basic gameplay setup, 3 Buttons (P, K, and G) and gameplay triangle that makes up the core experience. Where it differs is that VF's triangle is made up of Strike, Block, Throw, where DOA is Strike, Throw, Counter/Block.Movement is generally easier in DOA with a system more akin to 8-way run where VF requires stepping techniques to get around the field more nimbly. Then there are a lot of other things in the gameplay that were added with later DOAs and the stage interaction stuff.

I could explain better but I'm hella tired right now, I'll try again in the morning, lol.

when you wake up, tell me who is close to Vanessa in DOA.

Thank you. I will check back in the morning.

Top Bottom