• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 16-22 | Everyone has Xrd now, right?

fader

Well it's not like LK's millia is that great :3
LK needs to play a non set play character for a month and step up his other aspects

I'm more shocked that Flash is back not that he beat LK. LK is more of an anime player than a GG player.

EDIT: and his Millia is getting pretty fast.

K.Sabot

LK needs to learn his matchups still.

He hasn't played a decent Chipp, Flash probably knew that. (LK was soliciting to find a Chipp player before this tournament on twitter)

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I don't know which Smash game they pick. My head says Smash 4, my heart says Melee. Wish it could be both, but it won't happen.

We'll see what happens with the registration numbers. If Melee has a significantly larger amount of entrants, then they can't really ignore that.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

He hasn't played a decent Chipp, Flash probably knew that. (LK was soliciting to find a Chipp player before this tournament on twitter)
How to fight chipp. MASH BUTTONS TIL ONE OF YOU HITS. If he wins.... DON'T PRESS ANY BUTTONS.
Kappa

Marceles

Yeah, he also always plays on stream vs. one of his mods on twitch who mains Chipp to try to learn the matchup. Not sure why people trip out when LK loses in Xrd, it's definitely his weaker game but he's been grinding

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
VF4 Pai is better thanks to the customizations :p

But you're actually right, I think VF4 has the best version of all the characters, even the new additions (Lei-Fei, Vanessa, Brad, Goh) were really cool.

imo

Akira - VF5 or VF3, not sure
Jacky - VF3 blue jacket
Sarah - VF4 EASILY
Lau - VF1
Pai - VF4
Wolf - VF5, no question
Kage - VF4 Shredder
Jeffry - VF2 or VF4
Aoi - VF4
Taka - VF3
Lei-Fei - 4 and 5 are basically the same
Vanessa - VF4
Brad - VF5
Goh - VF4

fader

Don't try and make an excuse xD Even though that really isn't one.

come on man give me a break i'm trying. :(

EDIT: holy cow. Flash's Chipp is looking alright.

imo

Akira - VF5 or VF3, not sure
Jacky - VF3 blue jacket
Sarah - VF4 EASILY
Lau - VF1
Pai - VF4
Wolf - VF5, no question
Kage - VF4 Shredder
Jeffry - VF2 or VF4
Aoi - VF4
Taka - VF3
Lei-Fei - 4 and 5 are basically the same
Vanessa - VF4
Brad - VF5
Goh - VF4

I agree with this list. especially Sarah, mad they turned her from a toned fighter in VF4 to a stick figure in VF5. and I don't even need to talk about Vanessa....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
First time watching competitive Xrd. This is pretty cool. I will never be this good.

*goes back to inching towards the dawn of human reform*

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
https://twitter.com/josefaxner/status/541358079426977795/photo/1

B4NKIvYCQAAcMcz.jpg
B4NKMNcCIAAtztX.jpg

B4NIxvnCAAA8_d5.png

B4NIyh6CMAApgf8.jpg

Eh, I'll stick with the dark ambiance, SF4 was colorful, SFV should stick to what it is now.

Is smash 4 dragging again?

Its the coaching man, seeing it in person is dreadful.

I feel... bad for Bryheem.

...but apparently he's talked enough shit online to earn this or something?

He does talk a lot of smack but I just think he wants friends. I feel really bad for him but dude seriously needs to learn how to interact with people.

Only because it's fun! I'm a lot nicer off of GAF, I just like turning my brain off while I'm here.

I wouldn't believe this for a second if you ever met me in person, you'd just bash me on my fetish for a marvel patch.

Skullgirls gets a Plasma Beam assist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFTQY-P3uyU

The play isn't that bad at all for a game that's been out less than 2 months. I don't what you guys are talking about.
MarlinPie was good, but Marvisto and Flash were just "ok". In terms of high level play that's worth watching, I mean. The I-No player was decent. I'm not coming from the perspective of "game is 2 months old", I'm coming from the perspective of comparing this stuff to what I usually watch on JP streams.

pixelish

as someone who does not follow the gg scene, how good was marlinpie back then? i'm asking cos a lot of people on twitter are like the marlin era is back after witnessing his dominating run at winter brawl.

Anne

as someone who does not follow the gg scene, how good was marlinpie back then? i'm asking cos a lot of people on twitter are like the marlin era is back after witnessing his dominating run at winter brawl.

there was a period of time where he just won pretty much everything he was at for a little bit.

Kimosabae

Banned
MarlinPie was good, but Marvisto and Flash were just "ok". In terms of high level play that's worth watching, I mean. The I-No player was decent. I'm not coming from the perspective of "game is 2 months old", I'm coming from the perspective of comparing this stuff to what I usually watch on JP streams.

I get it, I just think that's insulting to state that the play is bad, nakedly, considering the JP have been playing the game for a year +. It's expected that the play won't be at that level. But from what I can see, there's been a drastic improvement in US play since just last month. The scene's well on its way. A lot of the combos and oki setplay aren't optimal yet, but there was a lot of fundamentally solid neutral on display and some good tech from some players, such as Marlin and VR Raiden.

Top Bottom