• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 16-22 | Everyone has Xrd now, right?

Even if players qualify for CC, they will still attend other pro tour events because of the money involved. There was no point in doing that last year.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
This is FGC related, right? Had to make this one for Aris.

aris-gifs7kvr.gif

http://www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepuddle

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
KOF98UM is on sale on Steam for half off at $7.50

The best port of the game, netcode isn't GGPO but is average.

bought the 2 pack

MK is on sale on 360, but it's not the komplete edition -- does that matter at this point, if i'm just gonna run thru story mode?

petghost

Banned
I tried FightCade. This thing is the bomb. Every online FG service needs an IRC style chat room. To think that even heavyweights like USFIV will probably end up on something like that after they're no longer supported...

yeah i just tried it out for the first time too.

its rad.

I hope Canada Cup is on the pro tour

You missed Lap Chi's tweet? He said this years CC is going to be in Toronto and will be apart of the CPT as a premiere event. I also think he announced this prematurely since SGFighter tweeted to him that he probably wasn't supposed to announce it yet lol.

vulva

You missed Lap Chi's tweet? He said this years CC is going to be in Toronto and will be apart of the CPT as a premiere event. I also think he announced this prematurely since SGFighter tweeted to him that he probably wasn't supposed to announce it yet lol.
Sick, I'm going to win Canada Cup then. That 500k is mine

hitsugi

this is why I haven't downloaded P.T. and probably never will, shit will give me a heart attack

PT is cool to read about but I can't handle that shit. I've had my share of jump scares for one lifetime thanks to Linda Blair being in color blind tests, mazes, empty room "pictures", quadruple kickflip clips, etc. Fuck that kid.

jerry1594

Is it possible to do the high level stuff in games like KoF, 3s, Vampire series, with a pad? I have a bunch of saturn pads but I don't feel like getting a stick..

antitrop

I don't play fighting games very often, but I picked up Xrd in the V-Day sale and I just want to say it's fucking awesome as fuck.

Kumubou

Is it possible to do the high level stuff in games like KoF, 3s, Vampire series, with a pad? I have a bunch of saturn pads but I don't feel like getting a stick..
I think the one issue you would have is with getting consistent pushblocks in Vampire Savior, as it requires you to hit 3-6 buttons in rapid succession. It's hard enough to do consistently on a stick, but I can't imagine that being fun to do on a pad (and you can't use button bindings, since you can't hit the buttons on the same frame). Beyond that, you should be fine.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

You can do a lot of things with pads, especially if you are able to customize your controls. Its difficult at times for sure, but with enough practice, it'll become second nature.

Edit:

3rd Strike and Vampire Savior have some moments where a fight stick would be preferable to use and I'm a pad player.

You can do a lot of things with pads, especially if you are able to customize your controls. Its difficult at times for sure, but with enough practice, it'll become second nature.

Edit:

3rd Strike and Vampire Savior have some moments where a fight stick would be preferable to use and I'm a pad player.

im the opposite.

SF4? Stick for sure.

3s? i can work magic with my oro/Q using a dpad

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
im the opposite.

SF4? Stick for sure.

3s? i can work magic with my oro/Q using a dpad

sf4 works magically with a controller, of course option selects may be a bit more of a hassle to get used to.

3s is a monster on its own, i cant used the analog stick while playing the game, i have to use to actual d-pad to even parry. wanna duke it out in the future when i get my consoles back turtle?

jerry1594

Mostly I'ved played tweleve cause he's fun but it's hard to be good. I started playing with Oro and Hugo since they're fun too, but doing cancels and hit confirms seems to be a no go. I'm either way too slow or the contact pads in the controllers are bad. Can't even seem to dash without stuttering. Vampire Savior is just a no go. I've played around with hsienko and BB Hood but the skill level online is just way beyond me. I also find myself playing on autopilot a lot, partially because I knew 0 setups combos or frame data (twelve has awful hitboxes though)

Top Bottom