• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 24 - Mar 2 | Play Seriously

Rhapsody

Banned
In the video you see he jump cancels air normals and then cancels that jump into a dash, the 2 versions I've played of Millia (AC and +R) allow you to air dash cancel air normals.

Doing instant air dashes on the regular is hell on my wrist, so I'll probably not bother.

Welcome to pre-AC Millia.

That's too bad though, but I understand dropping her if it hurts the wrist

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So would you guys say most characters are closer to their #Reload counterparts?
Characters are evolutions of their #Reload selfs. Sol having DustLoop, Ky having VT loops back are major hints at that

Pretty sure the used Reload as a base for the characters Xrd iterations

Daisuke didn't really make Slash or AC. So you could say AC was DBGT and Reload was Z

So Xrd is DBZ battle of gods

Kappa

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait for Anji to come back with his meterless unblockables

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't like how the cutscenes play for every super every time.

Hmm, not every super has a cutscene. I believe only 1 super per character is set up for one.

Ride the lighting
The whale
Millia, Zato, and Slayers uppercut supers
Sol's fire punch

and so on.

It's normally tied to big single hitting things or slow supers. Millia's flower super doesn't have a cutscene, Chipps combo super doesn't either.

Edit: That said I don't really like them as it pretty much takes away from the pace of the match with how long some are.

Busaiku

Daisuke Ishiwatari wasn't actually part of the design staff for Accent Core at all.
He wasn't even general director or producer or anything.

He just did voices and art.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: That said I don't really like them as it pretty much takes away from the pace of the match with how long some are.

Yeah. Especially when it's on certain supers that are more used for pressure and setups than big damage or combos, like Venom's Dark Angel.

Meanwhile on Aqua's stream

pnTQlU4.png

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I do the 96 input, it's just doing that gives me mad CTS flareups after a while when using a stick. Especially on the left side.
I think it's time you take the plunge like I did to continue playing these types of games and retire from stick x.x/

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
A hitbox would make IAD super easy, no? Wish GG had two button dash.

No thanks on 2 button dashing.

Edit: The game uses multipress button comands

Back and two buttons is Fauntless Defense, back forward while blocking is a dead angle, 3 buttons pressed is a cancel

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
not feeling this aqua stream. i think i'm getting bored of his formula.
Yeah, haven't cared to watch in a long time. Every time people say something hype is happening I tune in and leave it on for hours as nothing happens and we play the will-they-jump game the entire time.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Why poo poo 2 button dash? 96 IAD seems like a needless execution/dexterity barrier.

edit: would if overlap with stuff?

Yes it overlaps with core system mechanics. Honestly if 96 IAD is too much of a dexterity barrier you shouldn't be playing fighting games. It's literally two inputs right next to each other. I can spazz my thumb on a dpad and get it to come out every time and on a stick it's literally two taps.

If you can dash in SF4 you can dash in GG, BB, or P4A

No thanks on 2 button dashing.

Edit: The game uses multipress button comands

Back and two buttons is Fauntless Defense, back forward while blocking is a dead angle, 3 buttons pressed is a cancel
Two button dash is the best. You just value pointless execution barriers like playing BlazBlue.

Zissou

Yes it overlaps with core system mechanics. Honestly if 96 IAD is too much of a dexterity barrier you shouldn't be playing fighting games. It's literally two inputs right next to each other. I can spazz my thumb on a dpad and get it to come out every time and on a stick it's literally two taps.

If you can dash in SF4 you can dash in GG

96 isn't complex- but it's obviously be easier to press two buttons: I don't think anyone has actually double tapped to dash in marvel... ever (even in the early days before plink and wave dashing became the de-facto movement method). With a hitbox, you'd functionally accomplish the same thing anyway. I'm just saying some 2-button dash equivalent would be nice; not that it makes or breaks me personally deciding whether to play GG or not :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Two button dash is the best. You just value pointless execution barriers like playing BlazBlue.

You do realize that a 96 input is the same exact amount of execution as a two button dash when it comes to an air dash right? :lol

All you are doing is pressing diagonal up then tapping forward once.

Marvel has way more execution barriers than BB or GG and movement is the major one.

jbug617

Banned
Spooky using Reddit put to good use. He is cleaning up the stream chat and the whole saying of letting it rock is probably done.

So at this time I have come to a final determination.

In this case I have decided that chat is now the #1 improvement that is going to be made to the stream. this is a MAJOR change -- some of the things I used to let fly are NOT going to be allowed anymore. Please make sure to check the rules, they will also be posted on the twitch channel and it will be a big topic of discussion at battle circuit.

Yes that means you CAN be banned for excessively shitting on games while they are live (this is a case by case basis i am not gonna get you guys just for a basic opnion)

Injustice itself is a great example. At one point even the developers of the game were consistently in stream chat talking with us. sounds godlike right? too bad the excessive hate scared them all away. This sort of behavior just cannot be tolerated anymore it is bad for our future to scare fighting game developers away from making new games for our scene.

At this time I have relieved many old moderators from their mod duties. DMS is one of the moderators that is going to be relieved. I will be adding new moderators on a case by case basis.

Now, although you have gotten what you wanted in this regard, I will say now you must respect the new moderation. If you do not the stream WILL be converted to sub only mode and this WILL be permanent.

Thank you all for watching.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TeamSpooky/comments/1yu4ul/final_determination_re_dms/

Injustice itself is a great example. At one point even the developers of the game were consistently in stream chat talking with us. sounds godlike right? too bad the excessive hate scared them all away. This sort of behavior just cannot be tolerated anymore it is bad for our future to scare fighting game developers away from making new games for our scene.

but whens marvel

You do realize that a 96 input is the same exact amount of execution as a two button dash when it comes to an air dash right? :lol

All you are doing is pressing diagonal up then tapping forward once.

Marvel has way more execution barriers than BB or GG and movement is the major one.
Double taps are the same as pushing two buttons at the same time? Hell no. And it is slower - fact!

smurfx

get some go again
spooky and other channels need to stop giving mod to fgc players just because they are known. a lot of the time they end up banning users for nothing and let other even dumber behavior fly. i understand they are friends but that doesn't mean they will do an actual good job of moderating.

Horseress

Spooky using Reddit put to good use. He is cleaning up the stream chat and the whole saying of letting it rock is probably done.

I remember when Injustice developers were all the time in the stream chat, when it was sub-only, and that was fucking cool, talk with them, specially Hector Sanchez, about the game, the future, life and stuff. I may be the only one, but I miss sub-only chat

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

Good step forward, and with Sp00ky doing this, I hope that the "monsters" realize how stupid they can get and finally grow up, even if it's just a little. Hopefully other streamers take note and do this as well if the best fighting game streamer out there sets the precedent.

I remember when Injustice developers were all the time in the stream chat, when it was sub-only, and that was fucking cool, talk with them, specially Hector Sanchez, about the game, the future, life and stuff. I may be the only one, but I miss sub-only chat

Sub only chat was the best thing to happen to Spooky's streams.

Top Bottom