• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 14-20 | Bracket Resets Full of Tears (of Joy?)

Kimosabae

Banned
So I'm watching 'Set it Off' on BET right now. Damn great film.

Finally resolved the burning mystery of who Yipes resembles...

Queen Latifah.

Sorry, but you know it's true.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Modern internet is nothing compared to the AOL days. It was a fun but brutal time. I kind of miss a lot of stupid stuff that happened back then. I wish I could paste a hidden code in chat to reset someone's PC who pissed me off like back then.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
So I'm watching 'Set it Off' on BET right now. Damn great film.

Finally resolved the burning mystery of who Yipes resembles...

Queen Latifah.

Sorry, but you know it's true.
lolwut.jpg

what is this survivor sucks you speak of?

It's a forum for CBS shows like Survivor, and Big Brother.

However it's really just creepy people being obsess with random reality tv people. They either love X person no matter what, or hate X person no matter what. And it's like to the Nth degree of love/hate.

kirblar

Survivor Sucks scare me. I have a account on there since like 05~ish? I have less than 100 post. I just picture everyone there to be a fat 23-30 year old white chick in middle America.
It's heavily populated by gay guys. And creeps. And middle-aged women. Mostly gay guys though. Hence the roast atmosphere. (The stories in the RPDR thread about the "old days" are amazing.)

Anyone wish that Capcom gave the SF alpha series the Dark Stalkers/3rd strike treatment so you could play it online.. I'd kill to play some SFA3 matches online :/

Kumubou

Anyone wish that Capcom gave the SF alpha series the Dark Stalkers/3rd strike treatment so you could play it online.. I'd kill to play some SFA3 matches online :/
Are you sure about that? SFA3 is one of those games where playing it seems like a much better idea than it actually is, especially if people start remembering some of the real bullshit.

Are you sure about that? SFA3 is one of those games where playing it seems like a much better idea than it actually is, especially if people start remembering some of the real bullshit.
I'm aware of the bs with V-ism, but it has my favorite version of Guy. Also I never got the opportunity to play against many opponents because no local scene blah blah blah... If it's too much bs could always play alpha 2 instead.

edit: Hell they rereleased MvC1 and that shit is broken as hell.

WarRock

As far as "flow", the game feels like 90% 3rd Strike but a tiny bit faster. The game speed is similar to KOF and characters have access to half-life combos with the right scenarios. Also, all characters have the same health.
I'm interested in Yatagarasu:AoC, but this description makes me officially hyped for it.

I'm aware of the bs with V-ism, but it has my favorite version of Guy. Also I never got the opportunity to play against many opponents because no local scene blah blah blah... If it's too much bs could always play alpha 2 instead.

edit: Hell they rereleased MvC1 and that shit is broken as hell.

Yeah but MvC1, even if the game is broken as hell, is still Mahvel. SFA3, on the other hand... I'd kill for a SFA2 rerelease tho'

Onemic

Well I still havent repaired my stick yet as I'm in a weird situation right now and I dont know what to do. Pretty much, I want to do a select mod on my Fighting Edge stick. This would be of no problem if I repaired my FE as the problem is just the USB cable. The problem factors in with the fact that I also want to mod one of my sticks so that it works on 360. So a select mod and a dual mod. With the FE stick a problem occurs because of the touch panel and losing functionality in all but the start and select buttons. The button config that wouldve allowed me to do this would then be gone, no longer allowed me to do the select mod. My other stick a HORI UMvC3 stick has no select button like most madcatz sticks and instead the select button is a small button next to the PS home button. So even though I'd be able to dual mod that stick a select mod also isn't possible.

Am I missing something, or is it simply impossible to do both a select mod and a dual mod on one of my sticks?

smurfx

get some go again
Purpura, arthritis and abdominal pain are known as the "classic triad" of Henoch–Schönlein purpura.[2] Purpura occur in all cases, joint pains and arthritis in 80%, and abdominal pain in 62%. Some include gastrointestinal hemorrhage as a fourth criterion; this occurs in 33% of cases, sometimes, but not necessarily always, due to intussusception.[3] The purpura typically appear on the legs and buttocks, but may also be seen on the arms, face and trunk. The abdominal pain is colicky in character, and may be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhea. There may be blood or mucus in the stools.[4] The joints involved tend to be the ankles, knees, and elbows, but arthritis in the hands and feet is possible; the arthritis is nonerosive and hence causes no permanent deformity.[2] Forty percent have evidence of kidney involvement, mainly in the form of hematuria (blood in the urine), but only a quarter will have this in sufficient quantities to be noticeable without laboratory tests.[3] Problems in other organs, such as the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord) and lungs may occur, but is much less common than in the skin, bowel and kidneys.[5]

Of the 40% of patients who develop kidney involvement, almost all have evidence (visible or on urinalysis) of blood in the urine. More than half also have proteinuria (protein in the urine), which in one eighth is severe enough to cause nephrotic syndrome (generalised swelling due to low protein content of the blood). While abnormalities on urinalysis may continue for a long time, only 1% of all HSP patients develop chronic kidney disease.[5] Hypertension (high blood pressure) may occur. Protein loss and high blood pressure, as well as the features on biopsy of the kidney if performed, may predict progression to advanced kidney disease. Adults are more likely than children to develop advanced kidney disease.

his disease has some pretty serious complications.

Didn't see this till now but MarkMan posted it 4 hours ago

MarkMan said:
Would you guys like to see an SF4 EVO Champion Round Robin battle? Daigo, Fuudo, Infiltration, Xian, Luffy? What do you think?
https://twitter.com/MarkMan23/status/490630398310121472

I said "Hell yes I would". This would be a pretty amazing event to put together if Mark and company can make it happen. I'm assuming it would take place at a MCZ unveiled event but it would be pretty cool if we could get all these guys together at a tournament like TFC(which is only a 2 and a half hour drive for me so I can be there, plz based Mark).

Didn't see this till now but MarkMan posted it 4 hours ago

https://twitter.com/MarkMan23/status/490630398310121472

I said "Hell yes I would". This would be a pretty amazing event to put together if Mark and company can make it happen. I'm assuming it would take place at a MCZ unveiled event but it would be pretty cool if we could get all these guys together at a tournament like TFC(which is only a 2 and a half hour drive for me so I can be there, plz based Mark).

no markman, i wouldn't.

Top Bottom