• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 15-21 | Post-EVO Pillow Talk

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait, Champ isn't going?
He never received his ticket, they just never got back to him.

His contract has it so that the 2 weeks after EVO, he is not covered by Complexity and is under contract negotiations, so they won't pay either. Hence the donation drive.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
BPqVbMMCUAAJR0z.png:large

Grecco

Jay Snyder ‏@JayViscant 5m
Really disappointed with what's hitting my phone/twitter feed about VxG. I hope things can be cleared up ASAP.

what the heck happened?

smurfx

get some go again
oh god is my prediction going to come true? a bunch of fgc guys stranded at st martin and with triforce nowhere to be seen?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think maybe the St. Maarten travel board realized that spending 5 figures marketing their event to a niche community with limited outreach and funds was not a sustainable investment.

nah

I think maybe the St. Maarten travel board realized that spending 5 figures marketing their event to a niche community with limited outreach and funds was not a sustainable investment.

nah

I thought it was a lot more than 5 figures.

And yeah, basically the FGC bubble is popping, everyone hurry up and sell your fightsticks and copies of AE now before you have to wear barrels.

I was already educated about poongko, with a video of the same match even lol.

I have actually seen that match a few days ago, but didn't notice his name I guess. He also looked completely different in the korean tournament yesterday. He looked like the guy from Old Boy :p

It's his final form!

I wonder what is going to happen to Yipes and Dieminion if EMP don't get a contract renewal with VxG. Yipes probably still can go back to BT but Dieminion seems like he is going to hit poverty again.

Grecco

Didnt we go through this "oh yeah now we can shit on triforce" thing when dieminion asked for donations only to find out it was just st martin late with their payments or something of that nature?

El Sloth

Banned
I was already educated about poongko, with a video of the same match even lol.

I have actually seen that match a few days ago, but didn't notice his name I guess. He also looked completely different in the korean tournament yesterday. He looked like the guy from Old Boy :p
He looks like he's been training in a cave or something. Maybe it's a new fad in S. Korea?

By the way, also check this Marvel set out:

http://youtu.be/Gn3Pj92Ansk

One of my very favorite for this year. So ridiculous.

Didnt we go through this "oh yeah now we can shit on triforce" thing when dieminion asked for donations only to find out it was just st martin late with their payments or something of that nature?

Well, Dieminion made it sound like EMP/Triforce failed him and was about to expose all their dirty laundry. And Triforce went around making excuses for the players that weren't going to EVO but when the dust settled, it all came down to money. So you can't really blame people for shitting on Triforce when it happened.

The Marvel OT has come close to concluding changes for She-Hulk, Wolverine, and Phoenix. Whether Phoenix Wright should have bad evidence or not is still being discussed among Wright players.

In the meantime, we have begun discussion of the next four characters:
Zero
Ghost Rider
Rocket Raccoon
Storm.

Anyone is welcome to drop by the Marvel OT and offer suggestions.

Do not make this thread a Marvel patch discussion thread. Come to the OT.

Just look at Markman pushing Killer Instinct, and that says enough.
I teared up at this.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
From the VxG website FAQ:

Explain the couples package

VxG is providing a special registration option for couples traveling together who would like to have a fun, romantic experience with one another while here at VxG. Couples packages will be created to include a delightful, professional couples massage and a romantic dinner for 2 at your choice of three restaurants: The amazingly unique Japanese-Caribbean cuisine of Bamboo Bernies, the cozy, modern lifestyle restaurant YOLO or the entertainment packed restaurant Cheri’s Cafe. These coupons will be handed to you on arrival. We have not finalized the couples package as yet. However, the gamer should register under regular registration, and a couples package can be added to your registration later.
drake2.gif

EDIT: NLBC had a SFxTK qualifier.

Top Bottom