• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 15-21 | Post-EVO Pillow Talk

so how do you say the name of the beech event out loud?

i assume most people are just saying vxg?

but is it pronounced like video x-games, a la espn x-games?

or is there more pause between the words (video, x, games)?

Dahbomb

It'd be interesting if KBR decided to start using Shuma seriously. He could probably substitue mystic ray for Sentinel's
rocket punch assist without much change in his combos. Weaker DHCs maybe?
The main utility he gets from Shuma is Gamma Charge pressure. He can even combo off of it, Angelic was demonstrating it a few days ago. It's probably a way better team now on paper at least.

El Sloth

Banned
Oh, I missed that question.

Yeah. She can't high jump because it's a system mechanic but she does have a different jump arc in SFxT to fit her character and to mimic it a bit.
High jump isn't the same as a super jump

http://i.imgur.com/30ZcLdc.png[/IM][/QUOTE]

Ah, okay. Cool. Thanks for the info, fellas.

[quote="kevo_huevo, post: 72028791"]so how do you say the name of the beech event out loud?

i assume most people are just saying vxg?

but is it pronounced like video x-games, a la espn x-games?

or is there more pause between the words (video, x, games)?[/QUOTE]

I just say "Vee Ecks Gee". I assume the full name is pronounced video-x-games, not much pause between the words.

kirblar

I assume chat was blowing him up on that point but fail to talk about why JH wasn't getting the info earlier. Any sane planner would get it set as soon as possible.
The moment I won a trip to Amsterdam the first thing I had to get on was figuring out the passport situation since I didn't own one. You're always going to be waiting on bureaucracy on both ends, so you need to act fast to minimize your risk of getting bopped by a delay.

Grecco

The main utility he gets from Shuma is Gamma Charge pressure. He can even combo off of it, Angelic was demonstrating it a few days ago. It's probably a way better team now on paper at least.

Plus shuma assist blows up hidden missiles. rocket punch doesnt do squat s missiles

BPvWbU_CEAMECNG.jpg:large

Um why is there hand soap on the dinner table.

Unlucky

Alex Jebailey ‏@CEOJebailey 1m
You have got to be shitting me. Lightning just struck near my neighborhood and knocked out the power. WTF IS GOING ON WITH ME AND LIGHTNING!

lol

Trickster

It's the best Marvel set of this year without a doubt.

Well, ok, maybe Justin Wong's run in Grand Finals

But this is fucking amazing.

Been watching it for about 15 minutes now. I think the amazingness you talk about (and the commentators are yelling about lol) is lost on me. I don't really play that game or understand how it works. So for me it looks like most of the UMvC3 games that I've managed to watch so far. A whole lot of juggling, jumping and crazy attacks :p

Shouta

The moment I won a trip to Amsterdam the first thing I had to get on was figuring out the passport situation since I didn't own one. You're always going to be waiting on bureaucracy on both ends, so you need to act fast to minimize your risk of getting bopped by a delay.

Yeah. I mentioned it before. You gotta do what you gotta do to minimize those problems. It's just placing it all on one party's shoulders is kind of annoying to see from an outside perspective because it basically ignores what's actually going on. Most cases require an examination of the entire situation.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Sad to hear about some dudes promised a trip but not being delivered one.

A couple months ago I entertained the idea of going, and somehow through a process of finding a convenient time off, I was actually able to attend. But even I got the same basic airfare/room discount as everyone else. So I'm taking a vacation, but it costs as much as a vacation does.

The VXG guys have been super nice so far, even upgraded myself and my wife to a VIP status for the island in exchange for some commentary assistance.

I truly believe people like yourself, since you have such a big channel and all will be taken care of. Same goes for Gootecks, TO's, and Capcom/sponsors involved. Top players however come at a dime a dozen in the FGC. Totally not surprised to see that some EU players arent going.

Edit: I guess you can say I'm not a enthusiast of VXG as all, I never trust TO's that promise the world on their first outing, been scammed way too many times before. And the warning signals are going up, I guess we'll find out what the lowdown is in a few weeks. I don't think Rolando is bad or anything, but they did promise a lot and it's not a easy task to deliver on all that.

Sayah

If anyone here hasn't bought TTT2 yet, it finally got a price drop at Gamestop on all versions. Amazon too. $19.99 now. It took 10 months. geez.

Go buy it fooools.

Shouta

I truly believe people like yourself, since you have such a big channel and all will be taken care of. Same goes for Gootecks, TO's, and Capcom/sponsors involved. Top players however come at a dime a dozen in the FGC, however.

Anyway, I guess we're going to find out in a few weeks.

Yeah. It's somewhat unfortunate that that's the situation in the community. There's not much that can be done either because the community can't support that kind of star power.

Kumubou

They need to get more creative with their outreach, IMO and reach out to the right people
Is this a not-so-subtle suggestion to help bolster your MAXCPM career? :p Although I think working with this campaign would result in something more akin to MINCPM -- but you spent the better part of yesterday streaming random anime games, so what do I know.

Their problem is that they don't really know how to market to the FGC specifically (people at Nyu Media have admit they have zero experience with fighting games prior to this), and they don't have another market or fanbase to go with (like how Skullgirls got popular with the DeviantART crowd).

I thought they would do OK regardless, but the campaign has completely stalled out -- they've moved a whopping $100 in the last 24 hours. It's not a good look.

I thought they would do OK regardless, but the campaign has completely stalled out -- they've moved a whopping $100 in the last 24 hours. It's not a good look.

From somebody who just viewed the page right then, it looks like about a hundred other fighting games that I could already play. There might be a whole lot more to it, but if there is communicating that message would be important I feel. Other than that it seems to be relying on the art...which is nice... but not really exciting.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Is this a not-so-subtle suggestion to help bolster your MAXCPM career? :p Although I think working with this campaign would result in something more akin to MINCPM -- but you spent the better part of yesterday streaming random anime games, so what do I know.

I learned yesterday that poverty when marketed right is MAXCPM

spoonztt

WRT to Ryan Hart, some months ago Rolando asked if I could house a couple european players overnight who had to pass through Trinidad in transit to St Maarten from Europe. I can confirm that he invited them to come and was working to get these guys sponsored to come to the event at that time, guess it didn't pan out.

Last year my org got a free room for the weekend and this year we've been given the same thing, most Caribbean countries got the same thing or a ticket for their qualifiers.

Top Bottom