• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 7-13 | EVO 2014: Putting Q in more games than Capcom

Sheroking

If Yipes intends on rolling with just Team Nemo, he won't make top-16. He's probably the next best with that team, but he needs to play some Vergil.

IronLich

When has an anime fighter NOT opened the day on EVO finals? I mean, yeah, Blazblue opened the day back in 2011, and Melty at 2010, and Persona just got shot down to Friday last year.

But yeah, this works. Early day in Vegas is probably late night in Japan, and Japan's going in on BB for sure.

Let's be sadder that KOF isn't even on the finals day at all since they stole the show 2 years running IMO.

Busaiku

In every other instance, they had fewer entrants/no bonuses/no international players (well except last year, but they still had fewer entrants).
The King of Fighters XIII has fewer entrants than Killer Instinct and BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma.

Pics_nao

Prediction time

UMvC3: ChrisG if he plays his shit properly this time
BBCP: Jiyuna the American hero
Someone from Japan
KI: Who usually wins these at majors? JWong?
USF4: A non American

Kumubou

In every other instance, they had fewer entrants/no bonuses/no international players (well except last year, but they still had fewer entrants).
The King of Fighters XIII has fewer entrants than Killer Instinct and BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma.
Melty Blood in 2010 was the third biggest game and had two Japanese players, and still opened the day in front of TvC and MvC2 (so they put all of the anime games up front that year).

You're going to believe what someone from the Illuminati tells you? :p

Dahbomb

Kadey if you still want the player line up/descriptions for UMVC3 then post in the thread or shoot me a PM.

Predictions:

UMVC3: Justin Marvelous Wong
KI: Justin Wong
USF4: Daigo
Smash: Armada
Injustice: Sonic Fox
KOFXIII: Tokido

Probably will be way off but whatever.

MrWizard

Evo Co-Founder
Another determining factor was this schedule was locked in months ago before there was any pot bonuses. Then sponsors from AKSYS/ArcSys and Microsoft asked about their finals were so that they could book flights around that.

That left us unable to make any last minute switches because of entry numbers or hype.
Was KI > BBCP before the AK/Arc pot bonus, then?

Infinite

Kadey if you still want the player line up/descriptions for UMVC3 then post in the thread or shoot me a PM.

Predictions:

UMVC3: Justin Marvelous Wong
KI: Justin Wong
USF4: Daigo
Smash: Armada
Injustice: Sonic Fox
KOFXIII: Tokido

Probably will be way off but whatever.
Armada is entering Smash?

Another determining factor was this schedule was locked in months ago before there was any pot bonuses. Then sponsors from AKSYS/ArcSys and Microsoft asked about their finals were so that they could book flights around that.

That left us unable to make any last minute switches because of entry numbers or hype.

So you mentioning that there were going to be games with finals on saturday and friday, was just you trolling, because Blazblue was going to be on sunday no matter what.

Sheroking

Selfishly really glad that BlazBlue is early. I get to sleep in until KI finals and watch the rest of the day. No Injustice or anime to break my stride.

Is there more context to your reference? Because there still are Saturday finals.

Wizard's original post was made the day the BB pot bonus was announced. And it was made responding to everyone in the thread assuming that the game would get Sunday primetime for that reason alone.

Is Tokido really better at Kof than Mexico and Korea' s finest?
In a recent interview, he said that it's his main game next to USFIV, and that he thinks he has better fundamentals than the rest of the world but lacks matchup experience since the game isn't as big in Japan.

Wizard's original post was made the day the BB pot bonus was announced. And it was made responding to everyone in the thread assuming that the game would get Sunday primetime for that reason alone.
Do you happen to have a link to that post to better my understanding?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
For my favorite community <3

http://shoryuken.com/2014/07/06/ban...tag-tournament-2-competitors-during-evo-2014/

tshirt_SAMPLE2.png

Amazing title, hopefully I get the chance to meet you guys there. I imagine at least Q won't be too hard to find all things considered :T

Still, ugh, I feel more unprepared for this than I should be. Fucking summer classes leaving me with no time to train =____=

Top Bottom