• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 7-13 | EVO 2014: Putting Q in more games than Capcom

If I cared at least a smidge about stupid FGC "drama", I might be a full fledged member by now.

How these threads jump up so many pages because of crap like this astounds me sometimes. Well, as long as everybody's having fun, I suppose.

don't group us together please.

in fact, I would argue the more interested you are in triforce/emp, the less you are actually interested in fighting games.

Sayad

Sanford walked away from EMP?

What about all his speeches about "loyalty"? Any way it's good that he finally did that.
I just assume everything any one in EMP does toward EMP is just acting up triforce's script, probably in exchange for allowance... Or food.

recopying

Mike Ross who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name,
thy kingdom come,
thy head butt be done,
in SF4, as it is hype.
Give us this day our daily Cross Tekken,
and forgive us our vortex tactics,
as we have also forgiven those more lame.
And lead us not into mindlessness,
but deliver us #EVO2014.
For thine is the kingdom,
and the skill, and the reads,
forever and ever.

Amen

ad_idem

So, is this a more permanent thing (as opposed to the original "license" for just Evo fiasco)? Reading the link makes it seem it's more permanent. I heard of the ravioli drama, just wasn't sure how that resolved.

Either way, if Sanford has found an actual sponsor that can help him travel more and be more happy with his state of affairs, I'm happy for him and hope he does well at Evo.

Also, while picking up some snacks and munchies for Evo, I saw some Chef Boyardee on sale. Haven't had any in forever, so had to pick some up (with all the talk about poverty ravioli and what have you). Did you know, they have spicy ravioli now? I'm actually excited to try it this weekend. Hopefully they're not horrible.

my viewpoint on Triforce changed last night with everything he said.

he isn't someone looking out to prey on young talent. he isn't someone who is trying to goad businesses into a venue of income for his own betterment and only his. He is not a scammer.

He is someone who has a deep rooted messiah complex. Someone who tries to bring in WAY too much to handle to his plate, who is too stubborn to realize when things should be let go. He tries to house disinherited youth and tries to feed them and give them something tangible, but that something is not a sustainable lifestyle. VIDEOGAMES are NOT a sustainable lifestyle.

Someone having that much tenacity towards something is usually admirable, but nobody in his circle of acquaintances is brave enough or smart enough to tell him "bro, you should channel that energy to something else".

it's self-destructive behavior to the T.

he isn't someone looking out to prey on young talent. he isn't someone who is trying to goad businesses into a venue of income for his own betterment and only his. He is not a scammer.

He is someone who has a deep rooted messiah complex. Someone who tries to bring in WAY too much to handle to his plate, who is too stubborn to realize when things should be let go. He tries to house disinherited youth and tries to feed them and give them something tangible, but that something is not a sustainable lifestyle. VIDEOGAMES are NOT a sustainable lifestyle.

Someone having that much tenacity towards something is usually admirable, but nobody in his circle of acquaintances is brave enough or smart enough to tell him "bro, you should channel that energy to something else".

That's essentially the impression I've had of him. I don't think he's intentionally malicious with the way he manages players. He's just incredibly misguided.

I think you hit the nail on the head RockTurtle; exponentially earnest but extremely misinformed or ignorant that the dream of what he wanted has either past, changed or isn't possible. What is worst is that he gets just enough hope to continue and bringing others along. Like I said, Triforce isn't a comedy, he is a tragedy.

Onemic

This is pretty much my impression of him. I've never thought the dude was some evil guy that most people here and in the FGC claim him to be because almost everything thats been said about him is based 100% on heresay with no real source to back it up. I do think that the dude always bites off more than he can chew and it ends up biting him in the ass. The FGC player house is a great example of this.

One of his biggest flaws(and the main thing that I think screws him over) is that he never takes responsibility for his mistakes, which ends up making him unable to improve from previous mishaps he may be directly or even not directly responsible for. Though, a lot of the stuff people say about him may be a lie, there are obviously things where Triforce is actually at fault for(some of them he admitted on the show....but then tried to backtrack and justify it even though he shouldve just owned it moved on) and he never takes responsibility for those things that he actually should be. This causes him to never see where he could improve in the areas he's deficient in and therefore makes himself more of a target than he should be. I mean, it's virtually the reason why Sanford left.(Never being able to send him to events) Although sanford never straight up called Triforce out on it until yesterday, it's something that Triforce should have seen as a problem that should be fixed. Instead he didnt take responsibility and always tried to shift blame from one thing to another....eventually it caught up with him and now another member of EMP has left for greener pastures.

I honestly see the same thing happening with Yipes, Armada, and the rest if Triforce doesnt see this problem he has and tries to fix it. sooner or later people will get tired of what you're doing and say to themselves that it's not good enough. Maybe Sanford leaving will finally be a wakeup call for him. Dude just has to take responsibility for things that he couldve done better and learn from it. EMP as it stands is not sustainable in its current form....He needs to accept that and try alternative solutions.

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

fuck everything! fuck this couch, fuck this raggedy ass arcade stick!

thank god for evo atm! coñazo!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Meanwhile, elsewhere in the world of fighting games:

Niitsuma is answering English questions on twitter, but they all boil down to "I'm not doing anything now, I'd love to in the future."

A "completely new Smash character" will be revealed Monday.

Wow. Nintendo is doing a Direct on Monday then? I am confused. Also, how the hell is Niitsuma getting paid if he's not doing something for Capcom right now for the past 3ish years? You ain't playing anybody for a fool Niitsuma.

This. Triforce gets a lot more hate than he should be some of it should be coming from people who want to help him, not bash him for the sake of the hive mentality.

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

fuck everything! fuck this couch, fuck this raggedy ass arcade stick!

thank god for evo atm! conazo!

HACE MISMO PRIMITO!

Rhapsody

Banned
Wow. Nintendo is doing a Direct on Monday then? I am confused. Also, how the hell is Niitsuma getting paid if he's not doing something for Capcom right now for the past 3ish years? You ain't playing anybody for a fool Niitsuma.
You never know. Konami's Igarashi (who left) and Square's Ito pretty much haven't done anything notable for the past few years.

Sometimes important staff members don't get a good role somehow.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
You never know. Konami's Igarashi (who left) and Square's Ito pretty much haven't done anything notable for the past few years.

Sometimes important staff members don't get a good role somehow.

That might be the case but I think projects get started and then trashed cause it doesn't fit the person's vision of the game or not enough funding. Or hell, they be getting paid for doing nothing for the past few years with is kinda odd. Does Niitsuma strictly work on fighting games? Cause I know he worked on TvC and Marvel.

don't group us together please.

in fact, I would argue the more interested you are in triforce/emp, the less you are actually interested in fighting games.

I didn't mean to generalize. I try not to post whenever talk of that sort floods the topic, but I suppose that was the straw the broke the camel's back, so to speak.

Wow, looking good! I certainly wasn't expecting this. There may be more reveals for KI yet at EVO!

Top Bottom