• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 7-13 | EVO 2014: Putting Q in more games than Capcom

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I met my tolerance level for OBS and had to close it.

I think I have higher than most too. Shit was just nonsense.

Sometimes I wish the UK scene was a bit more passionate, like the US scene.

Then Triforce says something and I am thankful we do not have actually crazy people in this scene.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Evo ‏@evo2k 3m

Smashers. We still don't have enough setups for smash. Either bring them now at 7 am tomorrow.

damn, they had this problem last year lol.

If I cared at least a smidge about stupid FGC "drama", I might be a full fledged member by now.

How these threads jump up so many pages because of crap like this astounds me sometimes. Well, as long as everybody's having fun, I suppose.

Unlucky

if someone could put dudleys gloves on smugs hands and slap the evo logo on it I'd be forever grateful
Is that Smug in your avatar? It's so small I can't tell. Anyway, is this what you wanted?
Wm21mm5.png

it's official

STEAM co | Sanford

Officially left the empire.

the only reason i'm still awake is because Lebron is going to announce his team....any second now...

Rhapsody

Banned
Wow, wasn't expecting Sanford to finally leave. He's been there for so long.

We really need to have the smashers leave EMP now lol

CPS2

That's awesome that Sanford left EMP. Idk whats actually been going on but it sounds like the past few months have been pretty rough for him.

Who was the FightingGAF member who was running around with a horse mask and Mexican flag last year?

kingofsaurus, and he's permabanned.

guys....triforce was right all along. EMP IS a development company.

they take random people, develop their skills. and when they leave EMP they actually profit off their improvements.

Triforce just rides coat tails and has his hand in everyone's pocket. It's amazing emp still exists.

He's like some sort of cult leader, just taking advantage of kids who needed some sort of authority figure in their lives and inspiring absurd levels of loyalty even though it's an exploitative relationship to everyone else looking in. I felt really bad for Dieminion and Yipes when they went back as soon as Triforce got a second wind from the VXG stuff.

I felt really bad for Dieminion and Yipes when they went back as soon as Triforce got a second wind from the VXG stuff.

Why though? Besides putting a couple of letters in front of their names at tournaments, have they actually done anything for EMP?

With all respect to smaller sponsors like BT, I don't really see why you wouldn't take the chance if offered. Sure there is only a 0.00000001% chance that EMP would come through with something good, but it is better than nothing.

smurfx

get some go again
Why though? Besides putting a couple of letters in front of their names at tournaments, have they actually done anything for EMP?

With all respect to smaller sponsors like BT, I don't really see why you wouldn't take the chance if offered. Sure there is only a 0.00000001% chance that EMP would come through with something good, but it is better than nothing.
i just want to know if yipes and dieminion even got the money they were promised.

Wallach

Glad to see Sanford get a proper sponsor. I'mma order some e-liquid from those guys, they seem to sponsor a lot of FGC events.

So they're like team EG? But just not as successful in getting companies to sponsor their players?

They're a team until you ask Triforce why he's not paying his players. Then they're a development company that just seeks to provide a place for the players to improve. Once enough time has passed (in minutes), they're a team again.

Basically we have a delusional nutcase with dreams of grandeur that never materialized, a shit rep and he just refuses to let go.

Because instead of trying to do something nice for themselves and really try to go further with their passion/hobby/whatever, they showed that they were willing to believe the same bullshit triforce has been telling them for the last 10 years even though it's never amounted to anything.

It's just disappointing that they fell for the "this time it's going to be different!" pitch, even though at this point you have to realize that it's not circumstances or the community or east coast drama or evil corporations or esports that's been keeping EMP down, but because anything triforce involves himself in is guaranteed to be awful.

Speaking of slightly mental people (Firebug is a really passionate guy who spent a lot of time on the arcade project), here's a BBC article and news video on the Heart of Gaming, London's newest and only arcade:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-28202061

Need to get down there one day.

Also, great news for Sanford. He was EMP's biggest guy, and him finally getting a serious sponsor is good for him as a player and the US scene as a whole.

Kimosabae

Banned
End of an era. I only listed to Tri for about 15 minutes or so - he's truly getting his just deserves. Dude was replete with an excessive pride for far too long and completely failed to learn valuable life lessons in humility and tact. A diametric failure in taking any personal responsibility for bridges burnt and calumnies birthed, rooted and intwined within his company's perception. You need people. Networking and Business 101.

This pride was a genetic disorder that gripped the likes of Sanford which is why he acts the way he does. He was promised the world, believes he deserves it, and does not seem to know how to handle failure as a result. I hope this new sponsor can change that.

Beckx

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the world of fighting games:

Niitsuma is answering English questions on twitter, but they all boil down to "I'm not doing anything now, I'd love to in the future."

A "completely new Smash character" will be revealed Monday.

.la1n

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the world of fighting games:

Niitsuma is answering English questions on twitter, but they all boil down to "I'm not doing anything now, I'd love to in the future."

A "completely new Smash character" will be revealed Monday.

Part of me hoped Nintendo would make an effort to reveal something at EVO. Oh well.

Because instead of trying to do something nice for themselves and really try to go further with their passion/hobby/whatever, they showed that they were willing to believe the same bullshit triforce has been telling them for the last 10 years even though it's never amounted to anything.

It's just disappointing that they fell for the "this time it's going to be different!" pitch, even though at this point you have to realize that it's not circumstances or the community or east coast drama or evil corporations or esports that's been keeping EMP down, but because anything triforce involves himself in is guaranteed to be awful.

Yeah all that is true, but what is the alternative? It isn't like they are passing up 7 figure movie deals by joining up with EMP and I can't see how it has stopped them doing anything else. If you are going to be doing nothing anyway, might as well at least have a few laughs.

Top Bottom