• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 29 - Jul 5 | Frauds Among U.S.

PureYeti

for females, Nakoruru from Samurai Shodown 1

even back then those traditional Ainu clothes were impressive

nako-ss1-stance.gif

I was just debating who I like more between helena or nakoruru for style.

LakeEarth

The only thing I remember about that game is Playstation MAX magazine moaning how cheap Groundskeeper Willy was.

Maybe they did, but Flanders was SSS-tier. From the "overpowered characters in fighting games" thread.

Flanders in Simpsons Wrestling was BullShit with capital BS. Nearly unavoidable lightning super and automatic resurrection when losing. He laughs at Phoenix.

Smithers was pretty ridiculous too but I forgot if he was playable or not.

And a convenient video of both these assholes fighting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSxwiNIEUYQ

mbpm1

All this time job searching and I still haven't learned to distrust employees that are overeager to employ you lol

I don't know if I could group together all the 3s designs like that. Characters like Ibuki and Sean are pretty different than Necro. Remy is way more anime than the other human characters.

Nyoro SF

I pretty much like all the 3S designs. Except Remy... he looks like fangirl bait
when all the fangirls like Ken more anyway

Kumubou

BREAKING NEWS:

CIi9LzpXAAEDaU-.png:large

(from @oShots aka dotShots aka one of America's three Arcana Heart players)

He won two straight then spent an insane amount of time talking to FourWude before G3.
You're thinking too hard about it. :p

To be fair, I still don't know why he would have FourWude as a coach -- maybe they know each other from playing online so much? Dunno.

Best dressed woman in fighting games... does Lucina count
Considering the last 345435 FGW profiles have been Smash players, sure, why not?

Shouta

Update on the #PutQinEvo Fund

I've deducted what I need to recoup the cost of the airplane tickets from the donations I received. I've sent Beef 230 dollars to help with the hotel/powered chair rental. I sent 100 to Q to help him get ready for the trip.

There are a few folks that haven't sent in their donations. I'll contact them and I'll send those sends to Beef or Q depending on what we need. More so Beef so to help out with the room.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CaY-ivbUOZpjdHwDw0ZLATnMDIWTfNMfNbYwzWwBvEg/edit#gid=0

Village

so a KOF character
Nah

Im all for fighting characters having more normative clothing. But a lot of kof folks look boring as hell. Not offensive just boring.

Kyo gotta be the most boring looking main guy in a fighting game ever. Even jin kazama did "young Japanese guy in jacket" way better than he did

Kof characters arent bad, a lot of them are strait up uninteresting

mbpm1

Oh, you mean those e-mails offering insane incentives? Yeah, I despise them. Haven't got them in a long time, though. And I barely get offers by the phone ( ._.)

It's either that, or they're just lying through their damn teeth and the decent job you thought you were getting was in fact, slave labour basically. Fuckers

As in, choosing Robin means submitting him for both male and female spot.

Robin is only female for me =D So only for her

Best in male category is tougher

I posted last week I think, saying that the CPT win-and-you're-in system wasn't a good fit with having 32 Capcom Cup qualifiers, but maybe the bigger problem is that the point system is ridiculously top heavy. A winner gets 256 points while a 7th place gets 8 points?? Anybody else think those points could be better allocated?

It's really top heavy, but this allows a really good player who doesn't travel much to get a good amount of points if he does really well. It's really hard to get top 3 at a premiere tournament anyways so it's not a bad thing.

CurlyW

He won two straight then spent an insane amount of time talking to FourWude before G3.

I hate to do this, but he'd only won the first game, then spent the insane amount of time talking to FourWude before game 2. (Final score was 3-1.)

I don't have a problem with coaching at all. I have a problem with excessive coaching after a win. There is no reason Four Wude needed to take 2 minutes to explain something to Smug in that moment.

Rhapsody

Banned
I really like the KoF designs from the first arc. Nests and on, some where ok or hit/miss. Didn't really feel Kyo's other designs as much as his first.

pixelish

I hate to do this, but he'd only won the first game, then spent the insane amount of time talking to FourWude before game 2. (Final score was 3-1.)

I don't have a problem with coaching at all. I have a problem with excessive coaching after a win. There is no reason Four Wude needed to take 2 minutes to explain something to Smug in that moment.
yep four wude put too many ideas into his head, messing up his entire initial gameplan that was working in game 1.

Tripon

It's really top heavy, but this allows a really good player who doesn't travel much to get a good amount of points if he does really well. It's really hard to get top 3 at a premiere tournament anyways so it's not a bad thing.

Winning a ranking event is just as good as this scenario such as NuckleDu, Justin Wong, etc. Of course your reward is playing a guy like Momochi, Daigo, Infiltration in the first round....

Onemic

Good 3S designs....Yun/Yang, Makoto, Dudley, Alex, Sean, Ibuki, Twelve, and Urien if they gave him pants

Remy and Oro(but especially Remy) always looked terrible to me.

Nah

Im all for fighting characters having more normative clothing. But a lot of kof folks look boring as hell. Not offensive just boring.

Kyo gotta be the most boring looking main guy in a fighting game ever. Even jin kazama did "young Japanese guy in jacket" way better than he did

Kof characters arent bad, a lot of them are strait up uninteresting

You like orange Adon, therefore you are wrong.

I can agree with regular Kyo, but not NESTS/EX Kyo. He looks bad as hell.

Then there's Iori and K' that just ooze swag.

Negaduck

I know I'm probably in the minority but I thought the swol patrol Ralf and Clark look awesome.

Super stylish?

My dude Oswald

latest

And ya boy Duck King

latest

Top Bottom