• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 29 - Jul 5 | Frauds Among U.S.

It is done.

RIP Weeklies

Good call.

Anyone who read this thread for a long time just skips them. It's easier to just see what's streamed by following the people talking in here. Even when it's suffers from the usual capcom favoritism.

However it's still probably better than just having a bunch of streams listed that might or might not be running anymore or providing consistent quality content. Streaming video game stuff is so fluid it probably needs curating and its not like anyone would do that.

I have a Steam account and gaming PC but seeing people crazily addicted to the game makes me pull away. I want to love a game but not have it become my life. :p

I've never experienced stuff like World of Warcraft for that reason either. Heard enough horror stories.
You got to be passionate about something in life.

Interestingly, there appears to be a feedback/reward mechanism unique to competitive games in male players: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0100318 Which....explains a lot, assuming the study can be replicated.
But what about team based competitive games.

Edit: Oh they used Bomberman with a 2 player vs CPU or 1 player + CPU vs 1 player + CPU setup. Man if this was a study based on EXVS I'd tell anyone that ran to just throw that shit in the garbage because their results are worthless.

Since DeeJay won't be in Sf5 most likely, i have this hope for retooled Honda.

Bigger model, more imposing. Take the old motion for hands away. Turn into rhis rekka type thing, where there is this flurry off hands, then there is levels of rushing foward with them.

I think Deejay and Honda have equal chance

jerry1594

The only thing I remember about that game is Playstation MAX magazine moaning how cheap Groundskeeper Willy was.
Lmao it's true. My younger cousin had it and I'd just spam the rake or something and win every time. It would be super easy to steamroll sp until Bumblebee Man, who would always win.

ShinMaruku

Here it is again...

VSXHDb3.jpg

ninja_gaiden_girls_by_solid_zonda-d60ajeq.jpg

LAWD

I've tried a lot of different IPs. Most of them bored me. Games such as Uncharted series, Resident Evil sequels, Tomb Raider, etc. are good for the quick, momentary thrills that last for the 10 to 20 hour campaign but there isn't much else beyond that for me. Stuff like TTT2 is what really provides me with long-term gaming commitment where I can spend hundreds of hours. But with Tekken 7 already being surrounded with so much hate, I don't know how gaming future will be like for me. Literally no other fighting game system makes me as engrossed in the gameplay as Tekken (and I've tried MvC3, SFIV, BlazBlue, P4A, Skullgirls, DoA, SoulCalibur, Virtua Fighter, and more). Not an attempt to downplay other series but it's just my personal preference.
It's time to play gundam

Swarna

I've tried a lot of different IPs. Most of them bored me. Games such as Uncharted series, Resident Evil sequels, Tomb Raider, etc. are good for the quick, momentary thrills that last for the 10 to 20 hour campaign but there isn't much else beyond that for me. Stuff like TTT2 is what really provides me with long-term gaming commitment where I can spend hundreds of hours. But with Tekken 7 already being surrounded with so much hate, I don't know how gaming future will be like for me. Literally no other fighting game system makes me as engrossed in the gameplay as Tekken (and I've tried MvC3, SFIV, BlazBlue, P4A, Skullgirls, DoA, SoulCalibur, Virtua Fighter, and more). Not an attempt to downplay other series but it's just my personal preference.

Try CS:GO.

pixelish

here's a dumb stat for you guys. since 2012, two of the players who made top 8 at ceo have also made top 8 at evo.
ceo 2012: pr balrog, gamerbee
ceo 2013: xian, pr balrog
ceo 2014: momochi, snake eyez

so if any of you are planning to make a fantasy top 8 evo bracket, it's pretty safe to include a few players who made top 8 at this year's ceo.

mbpm1

Good call.

Anyone who read this thread for a long time just skips them. It's easier to just see what's streamed by following the people talking in here. Even when it's suffers from the usual capcom favoritism.

However it's still probably better than just having a bunch of streams listed that might or might not be running anymore or providing consistent quality content. Streaming video game stuff is so fluid it probably needs curating and its not like anyone would do that.

Tbh Tizoc has all the material anybody could ask for.

I'm bitter about this to be honest. Until USF4 with the open beta that was a bit forced by Capcom USA, the EU community manager (David Hinds/Dawgtanian, a nice guy by the way) was doing things mostly in the UK and helped for majors in Europe when people came to ask for help with big numbers. Meanwhile other countries in EU (still) did not have a SF CM dedicated to the game except when it was the SF25 anniversary year. That UK centric mentality is very tedious as it's the same for all games and companies and it makes your life hard as a tournament organizer (I remember having a hard time with Tecmo UK for sponsoring a DOA5 tournament).
I was hoping that all this may change with SF5 and the new CM. Let's wait and see if the same events happens in other countries and prove me wrong. It takes time to organize this kind of things so maybe later in the summer?

Also for Japan Expo, it's 1 hour of train from Paris, 20€ to enter + the time to wait your turn. We don't even know if the game will have zero lag screens and arcade sticks or even the number of setups. Knowing this and seeing the UK treatment makes it even more unpleasant.

/grumpy

Just saw the last match of Jan vs ChrisG. I have never seen such a hype Hulk team combo in awhile. He used Shuma's eye trap to OTG while he hard tagged Haggar.

Rhapsody

Banned
Been pretty dead since Naruto, One Piece, etc communities.
ComicsGAF is more active these days.

All that did was filter out the bad out of the thread for me.

Edit: Forgot that BBCPEX comes out tomorrow in the US. Still passing on it. Unfortunately it's going to be a long wait for the next BB.

Here it is again...

VSXHDb3.jpg
For females, it's King in KOF. I don't play the game as much, but I really like her outfit, very classy.

For males, I'd probably say Jacky's in VF5. His design fits better than I feel his previous outfits did, works well with his background as a race car driver.

smurfx

get some go again
Currently debating whether I should add all of these weeklies to OP or leave room for spotlights which every now and again get character constrained and are the only thing people actually read in the OP since everyone asks what's on anyways (IMO the weeklies section is pretty dead weight in OP).

What do y'all think?
why don't you just edit a post with all the weeklies information and then just link to it in the op. that way who ever is interested just has to click on it and search for streams. that way you get rid of some of the clutter. you can replace it with a weekly recap if there's enough interesting information.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Big Tekken 7 related announcement on July 7th

Looks kinda soon to announce dates for the console release, but maybe we're lucky this time
Does Bandai Namco have a SDCC conference on that date or what?

Saw this on twitter. Looks like Ryu can light DP through fireballs ST style in SF5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0UiHv4s6cg&feature=youtu.be

3 min mark
I like this. I don't have a mechanical justification for why, but I like it.

why don't you just edit a post with all the weeklies information and then just link to it in the op. that way who ever is interested just has to click on it and search for streams. that way you get rid of some of the clutter. you can replace it with a weekly recap if there's enough interesting information.
I did that. I think the OP is much more readable now.

I posted last week I think, saying that the CPT win-and-you're-in system wasn't a good fit with having 32 Capcom Cup qualifiers, but maybe the bigger problem is that the point system is ridiculously top heavy. A winner gets 256 points while a 7th place gets 8 points?? Anybody else think those points could be better allocated?

Shouta

Let's go for broke and say the July 7th announcement is TxSF.

It's probably not but it's boring if it's just Tekken 7 news!

petran79

Banned
Here it is again...

VSXHDb3.jpg

...also for what its worth I respect Arcana Heart for the Arcana's and for the gimmick of a homing dash button. Lots of potential for fun with both mechanics.

for females, Nakoruru from Samurai Shodown 1

even back then those traditional Ainu clothes were impressive

nako-ss1-stance.gif

for males, Moriya from Last Blade

snk-moriya.gif

Top Bottom