• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

Shackzam

GAF's favorite anime is Bible Black. Kappa
Don't go opening that black hole
SVvkNJQ.png

Crocodile

Kill la Kill is a "love letter" to OLD anime with lots of homages, references to classic stuff. Nothing about it is really modern, including the fanservice (look up Go Nagi). But yeah, its not something people who "don't like anime" should waste their time with.

I agree...but...

I think it depends on whether you really consider these to be emblematic of the genre, currently. None of these are recent, even.

Fine, replace that list with

Space Dandy (from Watanabe and friends)
Ping Pong
Mushishi
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Barakamon
Shirkobako
From The New World
Jojo (the manga is old but its anime adaptation is new)
etc.

All from the last 18 or so months

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I put it off for forever, then a buddy of mine who is 100% the blackest man on Earth and has no feels told me he almost came to man tears in a certain episode I have not hit.

I asked him what it was about and what to compare it to. He said One Piece x Yu Yu, and I was like sold!

He said the first arc is really boring, but then picks up. For me the show was instant classic hooked on crack from episode 1. I engulfed like 10 episodes in one sitting.

It ONLY gets better. Holy hell on a stick when you get to Arc 3 with Kurapika vs the Phantom Troupe. Show is surprisingly VERY violent and bloody which you wouldn't think until you get further into it.

It's up on NetFlix for about 80% of the episodes out.

HIGHLY recommend if you are a fan of action anime with tournaments and crazy power fights.

Dude I fucking teared up on that episode. Shit got real with the feels.

I am happy no one has recommended KLK

KLK is actually one of the animes where I put up with the fanservice. The action was straight up good.

Shit, I can't even comprehend what he wrote. Stream monsters on blast yoaaaa

GAF's favorite anime is Bible Black. Kappa

V9rKhF6.jpg

One Punch Man is the anime that will save us all when it gets released!

『Inaba Resident』;167108332 said:
One Punch Man will save anime this year

Ya fools don't know about Prison School.
I really hope One Punch Man delivers on animation.

FGW | the best anime, the best

juuicebox playing that SNK looking game with the dudes wearing one piece swimsuits in puff pants

zlatko

Banned
FGW | the best anime, the best

juuicebox playing that SNK looking game with the dudes wearing one piece swimsuits in puff pants

Yatagarsu Attack on Deez Nutz is the truth.

Very much Garou x SF3.

Still wait and see on it. If first week adopters give it love then I'm in there with GAF.

Interested in Jet and Azure.

Rhapsody

Banned
FGW amuses me. "Anime is dead. The only good recent anime nowadays are *lists random shows for kids*"

I kid, there were some good ones mentioned

Dahbomb

It's so weird for people to be liking Kuroko no Basket here lol. You guys haven't checked out Community side.
Well I participate in the Kuroko OT but not in the Spring/Fall Anime threads. Fuck dat shit too many weird people and anime in there.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
FGW amuses me. "Anime is dead. The only good recent anime nowadays are *lists random shows for kids*"

We are getting super off topic but honestly I don't trust anyones opinion who thinks anime is "dead" and I'm the type that generally hates moe blob shit.

Rhapsody

Banned
Well I participate in the Kuroko OT but not in the Spring/Fall Anime threads. Fuck dat shit too many weird people and anime in there.

I actually have no opinion on it, personally. I'll probably read/watch it later on.

I've recommended it to all my friends that watch anime. They can't deny the glory of that show.

Oh Yams... lol

And I don't really suggest anyone anything unless they ask me. Got to know their tastes too.

MrDaravon

I still feel bad I haven't gotten around to watching Baccano, had a friend give it to us a while back. Right now we're watching Gintama, but I wouldn't consider that too friendly to someone new to anime really.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Oh Yams... lol

And I don't really suggest anyone anything unless they ask me. Got to know their tastes too.

My local scene is anime as fuck so we basically have a lot of common ground. Its where I made a lot of my close friends while going through college. We talk about Minamoto-kun Monogatari in public sometimes, now you know that's real.

Beats

Does anybody want to play more Skullgirls again some night this week

I'd be down to play if it's not Saturday night.

It's so weird for people to be liking Kuroko no Basket here lol. You guys haven't checked out Community side.

Sometimes people post NSFW stuff in there and a number of posters that I liked reading impressions from don't seem to post all that much there anymore, so I don't really check it as much as I used to.

Rhapsody

Banned
I still feel bad I haven't gotten around to watching Baccano, had a friend give it to us a while back. Right now we're watching Gintama, but I wouldn't consider that too friendly to someone new to anime really.

At the very least, Gintama has really good humor. Japan usually has strange humor, but Gintama's more in line with normal humor.
And yes, Baccano's a fun watch. I enjoyed it even more dubbed.

zlatko

Banned
as long as nobody recommends cowboy bebop, this discussion is cool

bebop is zzzzzzzzz

It was already recommended by several people in the past few pages haha.

Yatagarsu looks solid. Juice saying netcode even without GGPO is god like...may be there day one to main Azure.

Beats

I'm looking forward to trying Yatagarasu. I've been watching some of Juicebox's videos and it seems pretty cool.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
we talk about Marvel for a page and some people start blowing gaskets at the mention

we talk about anime for two pages and the doomsday clock moves forward

Kalamari

I know a lot about lau and would be happy to go over what he has that rules and what stuff he lacks when I get home tonight

That would be helpful. However, I play on PS3 and I'm not sure how to hook a mic up, I can't find a mic jack anywhere.

Numb

Saitama would be like Ivan Ooze broken though :p

Staying true to him and also balancing him seems like some interesting thing.
He basically has a one hit KO punch and super speed,defense and health. It's becoming more impossible balancing him.

Top Bottom