• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 16-22 | Mo Money, Momochi

Uraizen

Banned
Meanwhile, over in Japan a 3v3 P4U2 2.0 tournament just happened. It had the 2 previous Arc Revo(MAD and Minori) winners, YMST, Taihichi, Souji, Die-chan, Mokke, Shikki, and like so many godlike players.

It was won by a team of 2 Shadow Junpeis and an Adachi(who happens to be the #1 ranked S Junpei player). Players are going nuts.

I had assumed this was on team_exe, but I was wrong. Link to archive, plz.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
tumblr_n075avzX3b1qe329ao1_1280.png

SF chars as SMT sprites

This would be a sick cameo. DP all day if you can talk to them and have them on your team.

Beckx

The only thing I've been able to watch at Final Round was Killer Instinct top 8 and it was...not bad. Character diversity has helped that game.

Too much other stuff going on. Pirates ST, March Madness, and I'm watching the Spring Koshien baseball tournament too. No time for fightin games.

shaowebb

Just got back from Saturday Night Scuffle in Morgantown WV at Four Horseman comic store. Ran into a TON of Smashers and as it turns out the dudes I were talking to play everything and then some and tourney a lot. I brought my stick and a controller for Smash, and another for PS3 and honestly didn't play a thing...just talked all night long on fighters with folks and we hung out learning the scene and each other's fighting game interests.

They said that they'll play anything and if they got 7 dudes or so around playing a game that night they run a tourney for it. They were all cool and there were a good lot of people there and they just sorta hangout until after the mall closes and keep playing all night.

Looks like I got a local scene for whatever I wanna play. Plus their was ANOTHER Ironfist main there. He uses Taskmaster/Ironfist/Strider. He had the same breakthru I did with Iron Fist to put him second and use corner carry Tasky and parabolic shot to setup Iron Fist. Unlike my usage of Arthur daggers though he went with Strider so folks couldn't jump on him to force a ground game. Cool guy...I think next Saturday will be Marvel and TvC and some Project M. I haven't played marvel in years. But since we are all playing super gimmicky shit it'll be more fun than the Dr Doom meta you usually see. One dude is a legit Super Skrull player yet he doesn't run Firebrand. I wanna see this.

vocab

IS Yatagarasu ever gonna come out? Holy shit, the developers could cashed out by now, but no one remembers that fucking game. I have seen kickstarted games older than Yatagarasu come out already. Talk about taking forever.

alstein

IS Yatagarasu ever gonna come out? Holy shit, the developers could cashed out by now, but no one remembers that fucking game. I have seen kickstarted games older than Yatagarasu come out already. Talk about taking forever.

I don't think XSEED will let them not publish it, especially since a version is ready.

I've seen games longer than Yata come out though, so not too worried. It's no worse than Faeria.

LegatoB

The updated version came out in arcades about a month ago, and backers have had a nearly-complete beta for months. They're currently working on adding the GGPO everyone wanted.

Sometimes when you order delivery, they'll say "We'll be there in 30 minutes", but it still takes an hour. When the Yata devs missed their first estimated release date, they did not give another one. Considering this is a one-man job (there is one programmer for the entire project, officially) I think it's a good idea that they didn't give another projected date. They were hoping to avoid raising people's expectations, I think.

There is no official release date and they have met all of their crowdfunding requirements. With the arcade version now final, I think a safe estimate would be less than 3 months until release, but for all we know it could be out in 2 weeks.

Top Bottom