• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | March 11-17 | $1100 per room? I could build a house for $500

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Who was using Hyper Grav assist and what were they doing with it?
Guy name Ess Dee who was using it where Spencer was doing a second wallbounce but interrupting the fall+recovery with the assist. Also using it for raw tags into Spencer. He did one other spiffy thing with it too but I forget since it all happened so quick.

Tony Stark getting shit on by FChamp
KuGsj.gif

Dahbomb

Chrisis said Iron Man is a better anchor than Hawkeye ROFLMAO
He also said FB is better than Vergil.

Chrisis is all up in that theory mode. Theory from an alternate dimension where IM is a better anchor than Hawkeye.

WOW FCHAMP JUST DID THE VISCANT CHOKE!!

Dahbomb

Holy shit at this Keep Calm Vergil pic...

SexyBeast made the Deadpool vs Magneto match up look super free. DP vs Doom has always been like 8-2 bad.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh man, I was so sure Jill's invincible super would outrun Phoenix'.

EDIT: Alpha counter into Dark Dimension to punish rapid slash.. GODLIKE.

Dahbomb

I pray to the Marvel gods everyday that a patch comes that makes Doom current IM tier. So god damn tired of his boring ass meta game destroying game play. Dildo Missiles plus TAC infinites plus Yolo Foot Dive plus disgustingly brain dead OTG options and those ridiculous scaling values.

Azure J

I pray to the Marvel gods everyday that a patch comes that makes Doom current IM tier. So god damn tired of his boring ass meta game destroying game play. Dildo Missiles plus TAC infinites plus Yolo Foot Dive plus disgustingly brain dead OTG options and those ridiculous scaling values.

#salt, but justified salt.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

I blame Max for getting doom buffed :lol

The foot dives don't bother me because they're often unsafe on block if he's flown, but I agree with the rest. Doom is worse for the metagame than Vergil.

Really, if they just added a patch that removed Hidden Missiles and TACs from the game, I would be happy.

Why does Doom have time to make a sandwich, remember he's Doom, throws bread away, gets servant to make sandwich for him, eat sandwich, and STILL continue his boring ass footdive OTG combos

Niitsuma pls

kirblar

We really need to have a Max video where Doom's ego goes insane from being (arguably, and I'd argue it) the best character in the game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Why does Doom have time to make a sandwich, remember he's Doom, throws bread away, gets servant to make sandwich for him, eat sandwich, and STILL continue his boring ass footdive OTG combos

Niitsuma pls

Nova air throw is worse

We really need to have a Max video where Doom's ego goes insane from being (arguably, and I'd argue it) the best character in the game.
I wouldn't say best, but most useful is a good title

Dahbomb

I don't think missiles should be deleted because too many characters benefit from it even lower tier ones and it brings interesting dynamics to space control. It just needs a rework of some sort. Best case scenario would be to transfer it to another character and replace missiles with Photon Shot.

Foot Dive would be fine if they fix the hit box and rescale Doom's damage and hit stun values so a foot dive doesn't lead into a brain dead 950K 2 meter built combo.

Max get on this!

smurfx

get some go again
yeah i really hope he gets the she hulk treatment. although i do want TAC's to become useless as well. lets not get into theory marvel patch mode.

Dahbomb

yeah i really hope he gets the she hulk treatment. although i do want TAC's to become useless as well. lets not get into theory marvel patch mode.
That goes without saying. I want that even more than a Doom nerf although a TAC nerf is automatically a Doom nerf.

Leveled up Frank is best character in the game.

So what is the top ten looking like today in Mahvel? I have no watched anything in months. It also has nothing to do with Morrigan or Doom btw.

Is it killing the mid tier competitively or something?
To Solar,

I think you Zenia is the best of the bunch you messed around with. Had a good rhythm and knew some good, easy combos. And also Konoha was good too.

I know Catherine because of Hito lol. I just copied some of the stuff he would do to me. I know fuck all about her normals though.
I'm really liking Heart Aino a lot too tbh. Her rush punch is short and safer than Makoto's imo. Those three are definitely going to be my most used characters. I look forward to many matches in the future. I really did enjoy myself a lot. This and GG providing some insanely fun games at my cousin's house is great news for me.
And yes, I wish this system was put into something less weird because it is a really deep system and most of the characters are really different. And the sidebar art/animations don't help attracting new players.

I hate Luck because you can randomly fall out of combos. I could've used Fiona more, but I hate her. Cheapest character in the game.

I still wish people still played it and it come to PC. There will be an arcade update in the winter AH3 LoveMAX!!!! so maybe one of my wishes will come true.

Probably not.

http://www.rentistoodamnhigh.org/
There should be an option to turn the sidebars to picture only automatically, right? I gotta use that. The game is definitely fun to play, but it is always gonna stay niche. That is okay so long as we get releases stateside. Hopefully next gen means a big move towards PC ports from Japan. Small devs like them benefit the most from settling on the fresh, green plains of the PC realm. They gotta play the pioneers.

Niitsuma pls
For the same reason Hsien-Ko was neutered and Vergil was given Dante's retarded hitboxes.

Quantum balancing, Schrodinger's Felicia, Dark Wesker, Higg's X-factor, etc.

It's all fucked up science straight out of fighting game science fiction. :p

kirblar

That goes without saying. I want that even more than a Doom nerf although a TAC nerf is automatically a Doom nerf.

Leveled up Frank is best character in the game.
The missle assist needs both the sentinel treatment and to have slower start up. Not totally slower, but slower than it is now.

So what is the top ten looking like today in Mahvel? I have no watched anything in months. It also has nothing to do with Morrigan or Doom btw.

It's not so much the top tier as some characters just harming the meta. I don't even think Doom is necessarily the best character in the game, but Hidden Missiles shuts a lot of things down, and his infinite wrecks a lot of team strategy considerations. Vergil is basically Dark Phoenix minus the meter requirement.

Azure J

Did anyone else see Doom get a throw, get completely locked down by Missiles and then have enough time for that OTG on Dormammu? Wow.

vocab

Did anyone else see Doom get a throw, get completely locked down by Missiles and then have enough time for that OTG on Dormammu? Wow.

mvc3 is a sloppy ass game. When I saw that I just shook my head. Why the fuck is that stuff even possible. Who play tested this game? Clearly no one.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I wonder how much goodwill Capcom would get if they made a trailer where it's a normal round of UMvC3, but when Doom assist comes out to do missiles, no missiles come out and then it just goes to the title card for Uncanny MvC3. There would be a jubilee on the digital streets.

Top 2 is blatantly Doom and Vergil by a country mile, after that it's Wolverine, Spencer, Zero, Viper, Nova, Magneto and Ammy in no particular order. Dante and Strider is quite common but they are used more as assist tier characters and there aren't a lot of good Dante and Strider players. Morrigan players still have a lot to prove because ATM only Chris G is doing really well while J Rosa gets a couple of good results now and then but otherwise the other Morrigan players aren't very significant, the same could be said about Dorm players.

But as long as you have guys like Apologyman dominating with Skrull/Frank/Doom and people struggling against Frusty's MODOK it's pretty ridiculous to say that the mid tier isn't competitive.

Azure J

I think I chimed in on Missiles before in one of these threads but the basic idea is, it needs to be nerfed but its utility should still be present. Make it so when you snipe Doom, every other missile fired is destroyed (if you snipe him when 2 are launched, 1 is active; 4 launched, 2 active, etc.) so there's wider maneuverability gaps for someone dealing with the point character to wiggle through. This reduces the combo breaker ability and time spent blocking missiles while some fairy character dances around your airspace.

Top 2 is blatantly Doom and Vergil by a country mile

Top Bottom