• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 20-26 | RIP PushaTee88

mbpm1

Sounds like you might be psyching yourself out at the character select screen. I agree that you should play the matches out at some point, but I'd prioritize filling in the holes for Ken's bad matchups first with Geif before filling in Geif's holes.

Oh I'm not taking it too seriously. It's only online. I just never realized how bad some matchups really are for Gief lol.

Playing against Ken as Gief was kind of mindblowing because I always played it as Ken before and thought it was fair. but playing as Gief against Ken felt like an uphill battle.

Shine's choke was legendary.

That choke is what nightmares are made of. Dude had the match FREE and did a HP exfocus into nothing lmao

It's not so much that choke, but the fact that he KEPT CHOKING AFTERWARDS FOR TWO WHOLE MATCHES (and probably the rest of the night).

It's like when he choked then Lee Chung laid a voodoo curse on him that made him continue choking until he was out of the tournament.

kirblar

Grapplers in general are supposed to feel like uphill battles because of their design. You have trouble getting in, but do big damage once you do.

mbpm1

Tell that to KOF grapplers or 3S Makoto.

tumblr_inline_ncs8n71U4j1ri4d3y.gif

tumblr_inline_ncs8nwpkle1ri4d3y.gif

tumblr_inline_ncs8ojWKmm1ri4d3y.gif

tumblr_inline_ncs8pm71Kd1ri4d3y.gif

stn

Grapplers in SF4 don't nearly have as hard of a time as they might in other games. Zangief and T. Hawk have tools against fireballers, its really Hugo who sucks hard against them due to his hitbox and crappy movement.

mbpm1

Grapplers in SF4 don't nearly have as hard of a time as they might in other games. Zangief and T. Hawk have tools against fireballers, its really Hugo who sucks hard against them due to his hitbox and crappy movement.

And slow normals.

Kimosabae

Banned
Sp you can actually play with 8 players on the same console? Christ.

Will you even need another video game after this with all that content?

Dahbomb

Where's that guy's post who was going apeshit over Mewtwo.being or not being in Smash? I want to read it again just for kicks.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
seems sakurai heard the outcries of the fans. the one thing that i find odd is how he included an icon for ridley after beating him on stage... i can assure you that more dlc characters are to come and hopefully everyones wet dream is there, Ridley.

El Sloth

Banned
Stage Builder got me wondering if the Smash community would ever consider allowing custom stages in tournaments. I figure it's unlikely just because of the logistics involved with making sure every single system used in tournament has the stage downloaded.

Stage Builder got me wondering if the Smash community would ever consider allowing custom stages in tournaments. I figure it's unlikely just because of the logistics involved with making sure every single system used in tournament has the stage downloaded.

maybe if Nintendo runs some tournaments they could use some?

otherwise probably not lol

Top Bottom