• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 20-26 | RIP PushaTee88

Busaiku

I'm really surprised at all the "so much content" reactions.
Beyond 8 player modes, this has been standard stuff in Super Smash Bros for forever.

I mean they used stuff like resolution and multiple controllers as bullet points.

CurlyW

What is the ad? Link?

Never mind

Also, I should say that Youmacon is just a normal* anime convention this year while Michigan Masters is the fighting game event. It's taking place at the same time and venue as the con, but I believe it's actually organized and run separately (though I could be wrong about that).

Beyond 8 player modes, this has been standard stuff in Super Smash Bros for forever.

I mean they used stuff like resolution and multiple controllers as bullet points.
Event Mode is back.
Special Order is new.
Stage Builder taken to a whole new level.
8-Player Smash is new.
Smash Tour is new.
2-Player Mode added to Classic, All-Star Mode, and Trophy Rush is new.
Online Team Mode is new.

That's a healthy list of "new". Especially if you want to get single player stuff but hate playing alone.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
i seriously think ridley is in as dlc, they even gave him a stock icon while not giving that random boss from xenoblade one.
the thirst for ridley is real.

Fiktion

Banned
Board game mode.
2 players can go online from the same console.
Online tournament mode.
Improved stage builder.
Special orders mode.
New trophy collection features like boxes and photos.
Special smash with custom physics.
On-disk demos for classic franchises.

Plus all the returning features. It was very very dense. I'm probably not even going to try half of it but that's an absurd amount of content.

edit: Beaten by Karsticles.

Board game mode.
Online tournament mode.
Improved stage builder.
Special orders mode.

Plus all the returning features. It was very very dense. I'm probably not even going to try half of it but that's an absurd amount of content.

Nah, not beaten. You remembered a few I forgot.

If anyone isnt impressed by the content, I ask you to name a fighting game with a greater variety of content than this one.

i seriously think ridley is in as dlc, they even gave him a stock icon while not giving that random boss from xenoblade one.
the thirst for ridley is real.

I hope it's Metroid Prime Ridley and not awful Other M Ridley if so

Also when's Boney? Smash needs a puppy to compete with Marvel

Board game mode.
Online tournament mode.
Improved stage builder.
Special orders mode.

I think you forgot the most important part: the codec-like conversations between Pit/Palutena/Viridi

:p

Fiktion

Banned
yea i see now i clicked on the link before the warning tho so i'm still salty about it. :mad:

Yeah sorry I actually just realized that I copied the link with a timestamp which was an accident. My bad. It's not loud at the start so I assumed people would have time to see the title.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I hope it's Metroid Prime Ridley and not awful Other M Ridley if so

Also when's Boney? Smash needs a puppy to compete with Marvel

I would love to see King K. Rool since the Kremlings are in for Smash run but then I would be asking for too much.

FGW | My fucking dick...... MEWTWO!!!

ibnJhT5q4E21up.gif

Busaiku

Well, Masterpieces aren't a new thing.
I'm not saying there's not a lot of stuff, but it's just not too surprising considering past iterations in the franchise, as well as other fighting games.

I mean there's challenge modes in most games, ArcSys games have expanded story and RPGish modes, extensive galleries, and they also have special conversations and stuff.

Fire Emblem characters tho.
Eh. I thought the Fire Emblem characters were enjoyable, but none of them really thrilled me. I played through the game, as my first FE game, on Insanity difficulty, so it was also a very frustrating venture to me.

Though if I could pick my version of Robin in Smash, and make the game say "Karst", I would totally main that.

Busaiku

『Inaba Resident』;135662332 said:
What fighting game has the amount of content that smash has?

None, but stuff like tournaments or extensive gallery modes (of course none as extensive as Super Smash Bros stuff) isn't really new to the genre.
It's still lacking in other stuff, like lobbies outside of your friends list.

Nah, not beaten. You remembered a few I forgot.

If anyone isnt impressed by the content, I ask you to name a fighting game with a greater variety of content than this one.

Well, Smash is an action game so . . .

I got a chuckle out of the announcer calling the game an action game during the direct.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
『Inaba Resident』;135662332 said:
What fighting game has the amount of content that smash has?

To be fair, outside of some cool new modes like 8 man smash, a lot of Smash's new content isn't really traditional fighting game content. So I don't think it's a comparison worth making.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
None, but stuff like tournaments or extensive gallery modes (of course none as extensive as Super Smash Bros stuff) isn't really new to the genre.
It's still lacking in other stuff, like lobbies outside of your friends list.

and a Story Mode that works, lol

I wish they announced communities. That would have gotten me excited.

Well, Smash is an action game so . . .

I got a chuckle out of the announcer calling the game an action game during the direct.
That might be smart of Nintendo, really. How many people "don't like fighting games"? Just by labeling it as a part of that genre, sales could suffer.

Didn't a mortal Kombat have a full fledged puzzle fighter ripoff? And maybe a cart racer another time?

and an action adventure kind of game, Konquest mode, yeah I remember all that shit. Wasn't shocked to see them do a Story Mode in MK9, they were always on the ball with the extra back of the box stuff.

oh yeah

every Smash 4 top 8 should kick off with an 8 player match, it won't count towards anything obviously, but just for kicks why not

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
They only thing people used stage builder for in Brawl was to create stages that let them farm CD's and Trophies

smurfx

get some go again
hey guys what were the rumored DLC characters? i remember mewtwo being one. isn't snake the another? god bomberman being a DLC character would make this the best smash ever.

Top Bottom