• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend:Milan Games Week Smash the Record Defend the North & More

crash-14

No italian players?
Anyone good on pools?

Italian scene it's pretty meh. If I'm not wrong there was a Dudley long time ago, but don't now if he even entered the tournament.

MOV lost against Kindevu
Ryan Hart lost against Easyman
Phenom lost against RB
Affi lost against Reiketsu
Pro Fluke lost against Eita
RMZ lost against K-Brad
Packz lost against ISDD
Vx (Juri from Japan) lost against Shiro (Many PS4 issues)
Veggey lost against Infexious.

matches until pro fluke where on stream

crash-14

Will see if next year Italy even has a ranking spot...

Low attendance due high priced location (Italy in general it's expensive but Milan in particular it's crazy...) and poor connection for streaming...

Guess Red Faction District will take the premiere (As it should've been)

SamVimes

Low attendance due high priced location (Italy in general it's expensive but Milan in particular it's crazy...) and poor connection for streaming...

The date was awful as well. The last weekend of the expo makes it even more expensive and i believe basically all hotels in the city are fully booked.

Was rooting for Kindevu to take it instead. I don't see why he didn't use Yun or Cammy as Combofiend pointed out since he use to main both characters at different times and they're better match ups against Abel.

I wouldn't mind this happening at all. But it seems like Capcom is running this on their own instead of partnering with a grass roots event. Never heard of tournaments being run at the Milan games show before this year. So it may stay here if Capcom is just wanting to run this event on their own.

pixelish

to those who have been following the cpt points race, who are you guys rooting for in this tournament?

i really want valmaster and shiro to do well but i wouldn't mind if rb takes the tournament. i love watching his hugo and guy.

Tripon

I can see Shadowloo Showdown being a ranking or Premiere event next year. Asia already travels to AUS and there always been a SF scene down there.

pixelish

I can see Shadowloo Showdown being a ranking or Premiere event next year. Asia already travels to AUS and there always been a SF scene down there.
shadowloo showdown will be on indefinite hiatus starting from next year as the TOs have real life duties to be taken care off.

to those who have been following the cpt points race, who are you guys rooting for in this tournament?

I want to see Haitani and Kindevu make it. Kindevu has to pretty much win the whole thing. He has a small chance by finishing at least 2nd, but that is cutting it really really close. A bunch of things have to happen for him to make it with only 128 points. Haitani would need at least a 4nd place finish to feel somewhat secure. Anything better than that and he should be in for sure.

crash-14

I just want Valmaster to place well. I could also root for Haitani if he was sticking to Makoto instead of one of the worst characters in SF series.

Also don't want Gonzalez placing well (We have 3 Seth already).

crash-14

Haitani ain't back to Makoto. He just use her now and then along with Rufus. But he still plays more Rufus than Makoto afaik.

Xian vs Kbrad in order to make top 8.

Reiketsu eliminates MOV. He'll have to make something happen at CPTA if he want's to enter Capcom Cup

crash-14

Top 16 (Tomorrow I guess)

Winners

Luffy vs Gonzalez
Fuudo vs Shiro
Xian vs KBrad
Tonpy vs RB

Losers

Reiketsu vs Haitani
Eita vs Valmaster
Phenom vs Pro Fluke
Ryan Hart vs Kindevu

ShinMaruku

I'm 40 mins from Defend the North, to go or not to go..
What say you Kokonoe?
20130921_kokonoe_resize.jpg

crash-14

Milan results are good for Smug. If he manages to take DtN he'll totally be at Capcom Cup, but he has to do it.

We already have some confirmations for Canada Cup. Asian players in attendance:

Momochi
Bonchan
Kitasenju
Hagejin
Misse
Fuudo
Xian
Gamerbee
Mago
Kazunoko
MOV
Gonzalez
Akira
AO3
SketchNYC
Domo

Markman has written in rKappa that Tokido it's a Maybe.

Small room for americans to take points at this event imo...

Milan results are good for Smug. If he manages to take DtN he'll totally be at Capcom Cup, but he has to do it.

We already have some confirmations for Canada Cup. Asian players in attendance:

Momochi
Bonchan
Kitasenju
Hagejin
Misse
Fuudo
Xian
Gamerbee
Mago
Kazunoko
MOV
Gonzalez
Akira
AO3
SketchNYC
Domo

Markman has written in rKappa that Tokido it's a Maybe.

Small room for americans to take points at this event imo...

All those players, but no Daigoat.

AU4f4Pi.png

All those players, but no Daigoat.

AU4f4Pi.png

Seems he's done with attending tournaments until Capcom Cup(not counting Topanga, he's playing most of those matches from his house lol). Infiltration said the same thing during the Milan CPT stream. We haven't had a Poongko sighting in a while either. So a number of players who have secured their spot seem to be taking a break from tournament play until the big one at the end of the year.

Or maybe he's not attending because he wants to give Topanga his full attention. I guess we'll have our answer when we find out whether or not he's going to attend Dreamhack Winter which is the final CPT Premier Event with plenty of money on the line to win.

Tripon

Apparently, the tournament at Defend the North for Ultra have already started, but they put Spooky in a different room. So he's just been showing the cosplay and merch booth.

Way more girls I seen at a tournament than usual though....

CurlyW

By my count, and if the Challonge brackets are correct, there are 159 people for USF4 at DTN. Didn't they have over 200 last year?
dedgaem

By my count, and if the Challonge brackets are correct, there are 159 people for USF4 at DTN. Didn't they have over 200 last year?
dedgaem

I have no idea how many entered USF4 last year but the next biggest game is MKX with 78(less than half of USF4). I guess attendance is just down overall if anything.

Tripon

dedgaem

I have no idea how many entered USF4 last year but the next biggest game is MKX with 78(less than half of USF4). I guess attendance is just down overall if anything.
I keep on seeing complaints on twitter that DTN is in the middle of nowhere with no hotels around.

Top Bottom