• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend:Milan Games Week Smash the Record Defend the North & More

crash-14

Hope Ryan takes it, but RB Rolento it's crazy...

This match it's going to be tough... Winning means you're going capcom cup. Losing means you'll have to watch the stream...

Hyun Sai

Select screen battle. Once fuudo lost to Elena, the outcome was written. One of the commentators predicted what would happen and it went exactly this way. Seth > Elena, Gen > Seth, Feilong > Gen, Back to Elena for the win.

Can't blame the players, money on the line.

Marz

Select screen battle. Once fuudo lost to Elena, the outcome was written. One of the commentators predicted what would happen and it went exactly this way. Seth > Elena, Gen > Seth, Feilong > Gen, Back to Elena for the win.

Can't blame the players, money on the line.

Thats gonna happen in any fighting game at the highest level.

pixelish

congrats to rb for qualifying for capcom cup!!

he was the player that i hoped would make a deep run in this tournament so am extremely happy with the results.

crash-14

I hope SFV makes EU scene bigger. Phenom, Valmaster, Luffy and Ryan Hart lost against RB mainly cuz they didn't know what to do against Rolento.
I don't think there's a single Rolento on the scene. Not even in a midtier level.

Hyun Sai

GG Fuudo, great final set, seems like Xian lost hope after Fuudo beat his Elena in the reset.

I hope SFV makes EU scene bigger. Phenom, Valmaster, Luffy and Ryan Hart lost against RB mainly cuz they didn't know what to do against Rolento.
I don't think there's a single Rolento on the scene. Not even in a midtier level.

Yeah, that's really infortunate.

crash-14

RB it's going to be the first player in Capcom Cup Finals not in the Top 32 (71 points).

Right now the 15 ranking spot are this way

1.MD|Luffy 724
2.Qanba Douyu|Xiao Hai 360
3.RB|Snake Eyez 360*
4./r/Kappa|Poongko 308
5.MF|Tonpy 280
6.Liquid|NuckleDu 236*
7.YOMI|Dieminion 232*
8.Dark Jiewa 207
9.CCG|HumanBomb 203
10.YBK|Shiro (Shirou) 180
11.EG|Justin Wong 178*
11.KIG|Problem X 178
13.WFX|801 Strider 174*
14.RZR|Gackt 160
15.RZR|Itabashi Zangief (Itazan) 152*
-------
16.Valmaster 148
17.Misse 140
17.Qanba Douyu|Dakou 140
19.Brawl|Haitani 131
20.FA|Ryan Hart (Prodigal Son) 126
21.Gonzalez 112
22.EG|PR Balrog 100*
23.EG|Ricki Ortiz 98
24.EG|K-Brad 96

Only player that can enter top 15 with a win at DtN it's Smug, who has 52 points. The win will leave him with 180.

Let's see how the day turns up.

Tripon

One of my pet peeves is having Xrd open up Sunday, even when it has more entries or a healthier scene in a region than say, Marvel. Game just cool to watch, and should get a better time slot.

LOL at RB in Capcom Cup with only 71 points. That has to make someone salty. But rules are rules. Guys like Valmaster, Misse, and Dakou better hope that the qualifiers from Canada Cup, CPT Asia Final and Dreamhack are guys with more points than them so the bar lowers to include them.

Tripon

LOL at RB in Capcom Cup with only 71 points. That has to make someone salty. But rules are rules. Guys like Valmaster, Misse, and Dakou better hope that the qualifiers from Canada Cup, CPT Asia Final and Dreamhack are guys with more points than them so the bar lowers to include them.
71 points would be the lowest qualified player, so he gets Momochi first round, lol.

crash-14

Well, Dakou and Misse are in CPTA, so they have another chance. They need to finish on top of Xiao Hai, MOV and the last chance qualified (In case it's not a direct spot searching that Sony $) in order to make it to capcom cup. Valmaster and Gackt (If he doesn't make it through the qualifier) will be happy with any result besides MOV taking that spot.

It seems Costa Rica it's free for Itazan, Strider and PR. And it seems Pr Rog it's on the oposite side of the bracket that the other 2 are. PR Rog most likely to enter top 15. He needs to make a top 2 finish

Smug it's the one that can shake things. He has his last chance to be at Capcom Cup. If he wins the tournament, he'll be in a great spot (Inside Top 15 waiting Canada Cup outcome).

CurlyW

One of my pet peeves is having Xrd open up Sunday, even when it has more entries or a healthier scene in a region than say, Marvel. Game just cool to watch, and should get a better time slot.

Xrd had 29 entrants at DTN, according to the brackets
KI 30
MKX 78
Marvel 79

Thats gonna happen in any fighting game at the highest level.
Most Marvel, Smash, and Guilty Gear players stick to their characters.

Abundant counterpicking is a sign of poor game balance. Some counterpicking is nigh impossible to avoid, but it shouldn't be rampant enough that the game is RPS.

Oh wait, I just noticed Nairo 6-0'd Nakat in grand finals.

make it to grand finals to give fans false hope, he fits in with CLG so well

MrDaravon

Marvel commentators are pretty awful.

Edit: I've caught almost no DtN this weekend, the fuck is this venue? Are they literally in a warehouse? I mean that's not necessarily a bad thing and you can make that work, but the setup/layout looks wack.

Lulubop

Marvel commentators are pretty awful.

I like Nerdjosh, the other dude (Jrosa?) not some much

I've caught almost no DtN this weekend, the fuck is this venue? Are they literally in a warehouse? I mean that's not necessarily a bad thing and you can make that work, but the setup/layout looks wack.

It's in NYC, gotta take what you can get. Pretty sure it's a small convention hall.

Top Bottom