• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend:Milan Games Week Smash the Record Defend the North & More

Tripon

Lol, they don't know if it's 2/3 or 3/5? I thought all Capcom event were 3/5 in top 8?

All Premier events have to be 3/5 due to CPT rules, but ranking events can choose their own rules. Most ranking events just keep 3/5 to be consistent with CPT rules though.

I'm surprised Defend the north went 2/3 for top 8.

Also, Skisonic and Pie|Sci is going to be uh.... yeah.

The way the top players that pocket Elena use her are usually really basic but effective. I gotta learn how to play that slow jabjabjabjab game because it really works.

Justin could've killed Smug many times off of any jab hit confirms or the whiffed ex.MGB, but I don't think he knows all those extra combos with her.

Xian and Justin's pocket Elena's were both pretty basic but really effective.

Also.. they both don't jump. Watching Justin play Elena, it looked like he was strapped to the floor, really strong fundamental play tbh.

Idk if I'd do better with her if I played a slower/jab type game or keep doing my mixup type game.

Fei long players who complain about Elena, Dudley would like a word with you....

Dudley has a better chance in this match then Fei lol.

peter0611

Fei long players who complain about Elena, Dudley would like a word with you....

Edit: Why does Dudley have a better chance? He has the worst footsie normals out of all 3 of them, and that seems to be most of the match. Damage output if he gets in?

kirblar

Edit: Why does Dudley have a better chance? He has the worst footsie normals out of all 3 of them, and that seems to be most of the match. Damage output if he gets in?
Elena neuters Fei because she out ranges him.

MrDaravon

Why is this Top 8 a BO3?

Only Premiere events are required to be BO5, Ranking/points only events it's at TO discretion. I think pretty much every Ranking event just runs all of top 8 BO5 for consistency, no idea why they did BO3 here.

FACE

Banned
Only Premiere events are required to be BO5, Ranking/points only events it's at TO discretion. I think pretty much every Ranking event just runs all of top 8 BO5 for consistency, no idea why they did BO3 here.

Ah, I thought it was a requirement for all CPT events.

MrDaravon

Ah, I thought it was a requirement for all CPT events.

Yeah so did I until this, I had to actually go look at the rules because I was like what the fuck are they doing. Still a weird move on their part unless they have a certain time they really have to be out of there or something.

For some reason, they have 5 pools, with 4 16 player pools and a 5th pool of only 9 players. Why do this? Just put everyone in one big bracket with byes for seeds. Just weird and it'll screw with points for the low end.

They haven't played matches in a while because this problem came up. They've been fixing the brackets for like 30 min or longer already.

Looks like they're giving byes in the top 16 as it's a top 16 with 10 players only.

MrDaravon

They haven't played matches in a while because this problem came up. They've been fixing the brackets for like 30 min or longer already.

Looks like they're giving byes in the top 16 as it's a top 16 with 10 players only.

Ahaha what. They expanded a lot this year so it's understandable, but I feel like Capcom needs to start nailing some of this shit down for next year's events.

Tripon

They tried explaining how the brackets are set up, but they lost me.

http://challonge.com/cptcentroamerica

They fixed it by putting 10 people into top 8. Wut.

ODvoC8u.png

MrDaravon

I can't deal with this commentary any more, good god.

So if Smug doesn't win this, he doesn't have a shot at capcom cup right? Unless he goes to Canada Cup.

Pretty much. I think a second place pushes him into questionable territory. They were saying earlier on mic that Smug may go to CC if he doesn't get first here.

Top Bottom